• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Pill (1 Viewer)

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
jebbie said:
I have it after I brush my teeth and before I go to bed :uhhuh:
LOL...its weird...but I seem to be more aware of whats going on in the morning when I'm half asleep, rather than when I'm wide awake int he middle of the day!!! :p

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
LOL...its weird...but I seem to be more aware of whats going on in the morning when I'm half asleep, rather than when I'm wide awake int he middle of the day!!! :p
I hate mornings. There is never any structure as I try to get as much sleep as possible :uhhuh: I get up at 6 for school so I blame that.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
jebbie said:
My mums cousin is a doctor (hence why Im on it, I wouldnt be if I had to go to my GP!!! How embarassing, they might think I like the sex :eek: ) Anyways and there is difference, I forget what though :uhhuh: I actually only have like a week left :( Need to get some more.
My mum is retarded about it...shes like 'let me know when you get onto your last packet so I can get some more...' shes like 'i dont want you getting to the end and not having anymore pills' etc. *sigh*...mums

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Question: How many people here who use the pill have actually had themselves and their partner checked for STDS/AIDS.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
bscienceboi said:
Question: How many people here who use the pill have actually had themselves and their partner checked for STDS/AIDS.
Im a virginal christian o: So no

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
jebbie said:
Im a virginal christian o: So no
Sex isnt the only way to get them. So even if you are a virgin you can still have it.

I will also like to add:
"Over the course of 1 year, five to eight out of 100 typical couples who rely on the Pill to prevent pregnancy will have an accidental pregnancy. The Pill is an effective form of birth control, but even missing 1 day increases the chance of getting pregnant.

In general, how well each type of birth control method works depends on a lot of things. These include whether a person has any health conditions or is taking any medications or herbal supplements that might interfere with its use. For example, antibiotics or an herb like St. John's wort can interfere with the effectiveness of the Pill. How well a particular method of birth control works also depends on whether the method chosen is convenient - and whether the person remembers to use it correctly all the time.

Taken from: http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/contraception/contraception_birth.html

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
im on the pill
went on it to stop ovarian cysts.

i got a script for Diane, but Brenda was $10 cheaper, so i got that.
and as what taekwondobarbie said, it helps reduce acne.

side effects of the pill can include high blood pressure, gallstones, headaches, nausea, blood clots and more, but i cannot remember, unless if i read the paper that comes in the box.

my doctor also told me that 30% of women gain weight, 30% women lose weight, 30% women stay the same weight, so im guessing the remaining 10% dont take the pill.

but yeah, there are heaps of different side effects for the pill, and not everyone gets them and its different for everyone.

green_fairy

mmm, absinthe
HSC
This is a stupid question but for those of you that are on the pill was it your own choice or did your gp recommend it? If they didnt did you just tell your gp you wanted it and they're like yeah ok and write you a prescription?

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i was on it but i made me really moody. i cried for like 3 days straight about absolutely nothing. other than that ..it cos a lot my one did for some reason ..i was on yasmin..cost 69 bucks for 3 months. I still used a condom tho as well. didnt trust it

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I've been on it for two years for contraception

the side effects written out are incredibly scary, but I haven't experienced any of them. Funnily enough, I noticed my boobs got a tad bigger, and I got a lil more curvacious, but not fat, I'm still a size 9-10.

We still use a condom, because we wanted to make a lot of precautions....

I think its just more organised with the pill, you know exactly what day you'll get your period, and you can count months ahead, eg, to see if you have your period during exams or your birthday etc.

...the one I use is called "logynon"...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I'm on Levlen. My Gynaecologist put me on it when I was 17, after complications from an issue I had when I was 15.
I didn't/don't experience any side effects. Yay.

shortie_689

HSC
I am on the pill um yasmin to be exact i am on it for really bad period pain mine costs like $60 and it does me 3 months... Contraception I dont use it for cause I am hell forgetful and always forget to take it from time to time

tennille

HSC
shortie_689 said:
I am on the pill um yasmin to be exact i am on it for really bad period pain mine costs like $60 and it does me 3 months... Contraception I dont use it for cause I am hell forgetful and always forget to take it from time to time
Oh yeah, I've heard of that one. So expensive.

temporaryremedy

The box reads "take at same time each day"

How close to the same time do people take it each day? Is it as close as some say and down to the minute?

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i went on mine for contraception and also because i got incredibly bad period pain. it has fixed it but i have definitely been more emotional since starting (at the beginning of this year) so i might talk to my doctor about that.

and greenfairy i just told my doctor the truth - he already knew about my painful periods and i said i'd also be using it for contraception and he just said 'oh take other precautions too blahblah'

and i've been checked for stis and i'm clean.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
temporaryremedy said:
The box reads "take at same time each day"

How close to the same time do people take it each day? Is it as close as some say and down to the minute?
no. you have 12 hrs leeway. which is good for me because sometimes i forget to take it in the morning but i still have time when i come home from school.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
green_fairy said:
This is a stupid question but for those of you that are on the pill was it your own choice or did your gp recommend it? If they didnt did you just tell your gp you wanted it and they're like yeah ok and write you a prescription?
i was suppossed to go on the pill when i was 14, but i didnt, due to medical reasons.
that same medical condition has been coming back in the past year, so i decided to go on the pill after the doctor at the medical center said it would help.
i then went to my GP and told her i wanted to go on the pill, and she asked what my reasons were, i told her, and then she discussed the pill with me, all the different types, all the side effects, how to take it etc, she took my blood pressure and weighed me, then she wrote a script.
then i went into town and got the script filled.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Tennille said:
Oh yeah, I've heard of that one. So expensive.
mines $19.95 but $3.20 when I use my healthcare card....

4 months worth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)