The Reason Why Nickelback Suck (1 Viewer)

Mike iE

HSC
I always thought there was something familiar about that someday song - now i see the light.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I don't think they suck. Song structure etc. may be pretty much the same, but that doesn't mean they suck. It may indicate that they're lazy, but that's irrelevant.

I mean using that paradigm, I could categorise dance or techno music as crap etc.

Just my opinion.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol!!

i don't mind them but their songs do sound all the same

those songs aren't *exactly* the same lol

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
I don't think they suck. Song structure etc. may be pretty much the same, but that doesn't mean they suck. It may indicate that they're lazy, but that's irrelevant.

I mean using that paradigm, I could categorise dance or techno music as crap etc.

Just my opinion.
but dance and techno is crap...

Collin

HSC
N/A
I think Evanescence's songs sound pretty much nearly all the same, yet I still think they're okay.

Creed is pretty similar aswell.. although not really a big Creed fan. Oh wait, that's right they broke up anyway.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by super katie
but dance and techno is crap...
Did I say it didn't suck?
I like few dance songs, and techno is just shit.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by super katie
well nothing is new anymore
There's plenty of innovation and new stuff, you've just gotta know where to look. Just not the manufactured shit, like most teeny bopper music.

Artists I respect are people like Alicia Keys, George Michael etc. not 'artists' like the final contestants of Australian Idol.. although a few Idols were good, presumably the Canadian one Ryan Malcolm. I thought that guy was pretty good.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
sure there is innovation but basically everything has been done before, if you can put your own stamp on it then thats fantastic but I dont think there is anything as pure originality anymore

Collin

HSC
N/A
I disagree with that, and would even dare to call that contradictory. If it's innovation, then technically it hasn't exactly been done before to similar specifications.
I hear plenty of stuff before that I've not really heard before. If you're saying that everything has been done before in terms of 'melodies, beats' etc. then I think that's a bit too unfair.

Also I'm a drummer, and like many musicians, I'm into alot of non-mainstream music of all genres. Try Virgil Donati, and then try to tell me that 'it's been done before'.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Of course there are alot of new sounds out there- I'd say an example of being completly different are The Streets or White Stripes etc.. (thats just my opinon)

As for Nickelback- just because their songs sound the same - doesn't mean they "suck" .. there are ALOT of bands around that have similar sounding songs (no I am not a Nickelback fan at all)

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
The STREETS! ARGH!! *rips hair out*

I've already made up my mind that that song is the most annoying song in living history. ARGH! LOL.

Collin

HSC
N/A
EXACTLY! It's like.. English rap.. or should I say.. yap. Terrible. The only song that switches me of Nova.

Now I've only heard that one song from them, I don't even want to begin to speculate how annoying their others songs are, lol.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
I think Evanescence's songs sound pretty much nearly all the same, yet I still think they're okay.

Creed is pretty similar aswell.. although not really a big Creed fan. Oh wait, that's right they broke up anyway.
yes they both do, i didn't know creed broke up

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
don't be jealous of their immense vocal talent :p .. its just a funny kinda song to listen to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)