The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed (1 Viewer)

redmayne

HSC
the laws arent that strict lol if i become a member of a gun club i can get semi auto pistols, large calibre rifles, shotguns. There are plenty of loopholes that allow me to get hold of auto shotguns and rimfires. Auto centrefires are a bit scarce and i can understand why.

What the nutters want is people to be able to buy whatever fucking piece of pressed steel implement they want, that when a trigger is pulled, a pin strikes a tiny explosive primer, igniting some powder and the resulting increase in pressure pushes a projectile out at high speed. What is wrong with that
Urgh, I'm so sick of this.

Guns aren't good things. Got it?

You're exactly the reason why guns should be tightly controlled, perhaps even more so. You and people like you. You look for the loopholes, you go to the gun clubs, you know a disturbing amount about how they work. You have an obsession with guns, an unhealthy infatuation.

They're bad! Which is why, as much as possible, they should be restricted. To minimise their acquisition by people who just really, really want them.

I'll trust the ADF with them anyday, but not you or any of the people in this thread. Even me, we don't need guns.

I might just go back to the real world now.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
guns are great.

how are guns as a hobbie any less valid than anything else?

where do you get off on telling people what hobbies they can have when they are not impacting on anyone else you fascist pig

seriously though i dont need loopholes at all lol i satisfy every police regulation for owning a firearm. also if i was using guns dont you think it would pay to know a lot about them.

say if my hobby was cars. wouldnt i know a lot about them? my car could have 600 horsepower, and only ever legally use 200 of it. how is that any less valid than a firearm. if i use it illegally there is a change i will kill someone.

Who is to say i dont need guns, fascist? I like to go hunting. sometimes a rifle is neccessary for this completely legal sport.

redmayne

HSC
guns are great.

how are guns as a hobbie any less valid than anything else?

where do you get off on telling people what hobbies they can have when they are not impacting on anyone else you fascist pig

seriously though i dont need loopholes at all lol i satisfy every police regulation for owning a firearm. also if i was using guns dont you think it would pay to know a lot about them.

say if my hobby was cars. wouldnt i know a lot about them? my car could have 600 horsepower, and only ever legally use 200 of it. how is that any less valid than a firearm. if i use it illegally there is a change i will kill someone.

Who is to say i dont need guns, fascist? I like to go hunting. sometimes a rifle is neccessary for this completely legal sport.
Hi everyone, I'm a fascist pig coz I oppose guns! Pleased to meet you.

Look dude, you can have your hobby, whatever.

But the fact of the matter is that guns were invented to kill. Cars were not, fine hobby if that's your thing. Model building wasn't, fine hobby. Table tennis, was not, but a good hobby. I dunno about using the term "valid", but they're definitely more sensible.

Although I suppose you're 100% right. I could kill anyone with a table tennis bat, or my model ship, or run them over. Wow, I'm so enlightened now. Guns ARE justified! Hallelujah.

Also, I think I got a bit carried away. I don't oppose at all people on a farm having guns, or guns for hunting. I understand the allure like the next guy.

But I just find the complete legalisation thing so utterly disgusting and unnecessary. How unreasonably fascist of me.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yes, it is. You are opposing guns full stop. When in reality guns have many legal purposes, such as hunting. Not all guns are designed to kill. Some are designed to be super accurate target guns. Guns that are designed to kill can be used to eradicate pests and OMG even provide food for hungry children.

williamc

HSC
by hungry children he means coons.

in all srsness the coons in northern NT and shit have to hunt for their food. without guns theyd be fkd

redmayne

HSC
Yes, it is. You are opposing guns full stop. When in reality guns have many legal purposes, such as hunting. Not all guns are designed to kill. Some are designed to be super accurate target guns. Guns that are designed to kill can be used to eradicate pests and OMG even provide food for hungry children.
No, no, read carefully.

I said I don't oppose guns for hunting and farms.

Understand that time?

But you're right, I don't believe them to be necessary in most cases.

Well if your children are going hungry, hop to it, go shoot them a nice rabbit for dinner.

Toodles!

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
shit, as the world food shortages get increasingly worse, ill be eating the fuck out of sum tasty pigs and roos and stuff

redmayne

HSC
by hungry children he means coons.

in all srsness the coons in northern NT and shit have to hunt for their food. without guns theyd be fkd
Please, fuck off with your racist drivel.

Everything you've said loses any credibility it had.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
sometimes i have dreams of climbing into a bell tower with my rifles and shooting all the people to teach those fascists a lesson

redmayne

HSC
sometimes i have dreams of climbing into a bell tower with my rifles and shooting all the people to teach those fascists a lesson
Hahahaha you're in the homophobic group.

Now who's the fascist.

Man I should really learn to ignore dropkick fuckwits like you.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
k, this isnt my account, i am not affiliated with any group tbh

except the guns r cool and make us feel ike big men and guns are basically like having 2 cocks except one can kill people group

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
It's ridiculous because we don't even have bears in Australia. If you wanted bear arms you'd have to import them from America.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Disagreed. As murphyad said before, a gun is specifically designed for the purpose of harming or killing...even in self-defence. However, the main purpose of a car is not to do either of those things. Of course, it can be *used* for those purposes, just as a gun could be *used* for...say...turning off lights (hehe, Homer.) Okay, maybe using The Simpsons isn't the best example, but you get my drift. I think the importance lies in not only the main purpose, but also the symbolic nature of that purpose...as you said, a gun would cause panic, much more so than a car, and I think that's because it's so strongly associated with injury and death *as its main purpose*.

Also, I agree with SashaTheMan's point...although, admittedly, I don't know much about it. But if 'ordinary' citizens are given the (non) right to bear arms, would this make it easier for criminals to get guns? And if the laws are made more flexible, how do we truly decide who should be allowed guns and who shouldn't?
I am not saying I support the open carry of AK-47s (though that is commonplace in many parts of the world), I'm saying a gun used properly is no more likely to kill somebody than a car.

redmayne has no idea what she's talking about. Have you ever even handled a weapon, much less fired one? Farmers with Lee-Enfields are who were on the Kokoda track, not politicians you fucking tard.

Any adult without a criminal record should be able to own a weapon if they have the means to store it safely. (This is pretty much the status quo, so yeah). I'm not saying we should arm people but unnecessary "gun-control" doesn't achieve anything.

redmayne

HSC
redmayne has no idea what she's talking about. Have you ever even handled a weapon, much less fired one? Farmers with Lee-Enfields are who were on the Kokoda track, not politicians you fucking tard.
Haha what are you on mate, please stop your extremist ranting.

Politicians??

I was using an example of a gun around in WWII, that someone might have in Australia. Politicians?

I've probably spent a third of my life on farms you loon. And on those properties I've used rifles, yes, although I can't say it's ever been as good as you people seem to think.

Point and shoot, sweet.

Oh and pretty sure I'm a guy, pay attention.

Yeah AKs on the street are common in countries. Backward countries that are in a whole lot of trouble, countries we do not want to be like.

EDIT: Oh right I get your loony point. Yeah EXACTLY. You vindicate me! Kokoda was fundamental in saving our bacon. They were organised Aussie soldiers sent by the government! Not some ragtag group of citizens with guns or some silly militia. The government protected us. Urgh.

Last edited:

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
H
Yeah AKs on the street are common in countries. Backward countries that are in a whole lot of trouble, countries we do not want to be like.
It is legal to carry the semi-auto version of AK-47s an M-16s in many parts of the USA.

The general trend is that where people are not allowed to carry guns on the street, crime rates are actually higher. Of course this doesn't prove anything either way, but there is certainly no evidence to support your claim. Comparing developed nations to impoverished, wartorn nations, and then blaming the difference on guns is just thoughtless and lazy.

In fact there is a lot of pointless stereotyping and name calling going on in this thread. Mods should probably clean it up.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The government didn't do shit, the government sent our soldiers to die following british orders in WWI and Singapore and the American government in Vietnam. The soldiers fighting on kokoda WERE militias. They were quite literally farmers with lee-enfields.

Since then though, time and time again we have seen that motivated local insurgencies who know the area well can defeat in the long run, better supplied and organised armies. This is irrelevant though since I can't see any country in the foreseeable future invading Australia.

The point is in a free country we should be able to own and use things, even if they are dangerous.

Edit: This is off-topic as shit though. The government doesn't always know best.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
+ lee enfields are my one true love
and who are you fascist pigs to deny me my precious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)