• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The School where everyones a genius (2 Viewers)

shantu1992

HSC
The school where every kid&squo;s a genius | The Daily Telegraph

THE secret to earning a place at the State's smartest school has been revealed.
Students must have an IQ (intelligence quotient) of at least 145 - equivalent to 240 out of 300 in the selective schools test - to be enrolled at James Ruse Agricultural High.
A genius is often defined as someone with an IQ of 145 or above, so all students at James Ruse, NSW's top selective school, would fall into this category.
The top achiever accepted into a selective school this year scored 267.11 on the entry test - equivalent to an IQ of 156, just four points shy of Albert Einstein's IQ.
James Ruse, one of 21 fully selective high schools in NSW, has the highest entry-test score.
"A profile score of 240 has a most likely IQ equivalent of 145,'' an Education Department spokeswoman said.
That means students accepted by James Ruse are smarter than former US presidents George W. Bush who has a reported IQ of 125, George Washington (118) and Abraham Lincoln (128).
The average IQ is about 100 and a mere 0.1 per cent of the population is considered to have an IQ of 145or higher, giving James Ruse an unbeatable position as NSW's best-performing school.
Its alumni include TV vet Katrina Warren, celebrity hairdresser Joh Bailey, Nova 96.9 host Jabba (Jason Davis), 2008 Man Booker Prize winner Aravind Adiga and ABC election analyst Antony Green.
Students who do not have school assessment scores that can be moderated, and are unable to sit the selective school test because of circumstances beyond their control, are able to provide IQ scores as alternative evidence of academic merit, the Education Department says.
However, IQ-test only applicants this year were very few, the spokeswoman said.
For 2009, 13,336 students have applied for 3522 selective school vacancies.

School captain Pratima Herle and classmate Richard Niall acknowledge they belong to an exceptionally gifted student body but were unaware of IQ scores.
"It doesn't really surprise me,'' Richard said.
"I'm very proud of my school, and we do have very exceptional people. But nobody has ever pointed that score out to me - I never knew that was our ability.''
Pratima said his fellow students did not discuss IQ scores, but were highly motivated and worked hard for their results.

what does everyone think

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Students must have an IQ (intelligence quotient) of at least 145 - equivalent to 240 out of 300 in the selective schools test - to be enrolled at James Ruse Agricultural High.
A genius is often defined as someone with an IQ of 145 or above, so all students at James Ruse, NSW's top selective school, would fall into this category.
The top achiever accepted into a selective school this year scored 267.11 on the entry test - equivalent to an IQ of 156, just four points shy of Albert Einstein's IQ.
James Ruse, one of 21 fully selective high schools in NSW, has the highest entry-test score.
"A profile score of 240 has a most likely IQ equivalent of 145,'' an Education Department spokeswoman said.
That means students accepted by James Ruse are smarter than former US presidents George W. Bush who has a reported IQ of 125, George Washington (118) and Abraham Lincoln (128).
The average IQ is about 100 and a mere 0.1 per cent of the population is considered to have an IQ of 145or higher, giving James Ruse an unbeatable position as NSW's best-performing school.
Its alumni include TV vet Katrina Warren, celebrity hairdresser Joh Bailey, Nova 96.9 host Jabba (Jason Davis), 2008 Man Booker Prize winner Aravind Adiga and ABC election analyst Antony Green.
Students who do not have school assessment scores that can be moderated, and are unable to sit the selective school test because of circumstances beyond their control, are able to provide IQ scores as alternative evidence of academic merit, the Education Department says.

School captain Pratima Herle and classmate Richard Niall acknowledge they belong to an exceptionally gifted student body but were unaware of IQ scores.
"I'm very proud of my school, and we do have very exceptional people. But nobody has ever pointed that score out to me - I never knew that was our ability.''
Pratima said his fellow students did not discuss IQ scores, but were highly motivated and worked hard for their results.

what does everyone think
who cares

shantu1992

HSC
yeah its crazy!
^and yeah to the person above
if only!! lol

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Wat.

dp624

HSC
hahaha that's a very stupid article
they got pratima's gender wrong i think

jb_nc

HSC
N/A

Wat.

A long long time ago, non-Asians went there I guess

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
They'll be first against the wall, too

aimhigh10

HSC
um sorry what,
hairdresser...?
radio host...?

james ruse=hairdresser
no offence but you can be a hairdresser if you quit after year 10

lmao
this cannot be real

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC

what does everyone think
i think u shud stop reading the daily terrorcrap

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
This is why many people around the state hold hostiltiy towards this school. False information shouldn't be published.

jenecis

HSC
As Stephen Hawkings said, "People who boast about their IQ are losers". IQ has no relation to the level of success one will achieve in life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)