The Simpsons Movie (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I guess that you've got to remember, that perhaps moreso than in any given TV episode, the humour for this movie had to be written for everybody. There were parts of the movie where I wasn't laughing for periods of time, but other people were. In the same way, there were parts of the movie that only I was laughing at, blah blah blah blah blah. Very different from the TV show I guess (then again, I've never watched an episode in front of a packed cinema).

cuppy

HSC
N/A
i thought it was rather similar to the tv episodes.

typical Simpsons humour i think its something you can watch many times over again.

<3 Spider Pig. i wonder what happened to it. it would be cool if they included him in the show :)

HSC
I saw it on Friday night at the drive-ins, and thought it was alright.
Rather than to think of it as a movie, it's better to view it as an extended episode.
I don't think I could watch it again though.
I did like Ralph's "I like men now!"
icecreamdisco said:
and chief wiggum's line after fat tony dumps the body in the lake, though i can't remember it exactly at the moment.
Haha, that was gold. :D

iwannarock

HSC
nail in the coffin for the simpsons for me.

i posted my reasons in another forum.

i don't find the simpsons funny anymore.

i don't find the humour funny, the characters funny or the story's or situations.

seasons 3-10 are gold to me.

and you know what, they're probably only gold to me because those are the seasons i grew up with. i was young then and had a different sense of humour that the simpsons appealed to me with.

but now that im older i just don't find it funny.

i'll find seasons 3-10 funny, but thats probably only because of nostalgia.

maybe the simpsons hasn't changed much and its just me.

decent movie. made me laugh more than any new episode could (it just had to make me laugh to be able to beat a new episode).don't wanna watch again.

6/10.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
iwannarock said:

i don't find the humour funny, the characters funny or the story's or situations.

and you know what, they're probably only gold to me because those are the seasons i grew up with. i was young then and had a different sense of humour that the simpsons appealed to me with.

decent movie. made me laugh more than any new episode could (it just had to make me laugh to be able to beat a new episode).don't wanna watch again.

6/10.
you really seem to have had a falling out man :(

walrusbear

HSC
iwannarock said:

6/10.
watch those seasons again
they're still genuinely hilarious
the show has definitely changed a lot over its 18 seasons

iwannarock

HSC
walrusbear said:
watch those seasons again
they're still genuinely hilarious
the show has definitely changed a lot over its 18 seasons
yeah they are hilarious.

but maybe they're hilarious because its what i grew up with too. i know those episodes front to back. i was younger then so maybe the sense of humour appealed to me more.

i quote lines from them all the time.

but in the cinema it was like the time bart sold his soul and found nothing funny.

i've moved on to other shows.

Redwan

HSC
N/A
I watched it last night,
i didnt have any expectations of how good it was going to be

but yeah i found the movie pretty good!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I'm pretty much with everyone else; I went in there with reeeally low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

Bountiful penis.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
BTW A joke a lot of people would have missed, when homer's talking about "america: the land of opportunity" and it goes to a shot of outside with all the buildings with foreign billboards, my mate told me the one in russian said "Learn english and get the fuck out of here!" ^______^

Matthew89

HSC
Enteebee said:
BTW A joke a lot of people would have missed, when homer's talking about "america: the land of opportunity" and it goes to a shot of outside with all the buildings with foreign billboards, my mate told me the one in russian said "Learn english and get the fuck out of here!" ^______^
haha very subtle. I wonder what the other ones said

asa.hoshi

HSC
6/10. feel asleep lol. didnt really like it. i like simpsons, its great, but it just doesnt suit on the big screen.

cfair

Banned
HSC
I thought it would be bad, but I loved it.

Did anyone else find the joke where everyone from the church and bar run outside, see the dome, and the church people run to the bar while the bar people run inside the church hilarious? One of the best in the movie I thought.

Also when the EPA driver says "Look, we can't be stopping at every 'Sop', 'Yeld' and 'One Vay' sign we see!"

Legham

HSC
I saw it tonight and thought it was awesome :D :D

Lol @ the part where bart writes on the blackboard "I will not illegally download this movie" :eek:

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
I saw it the other night. I thought it was a big improvement compared to the new episodes they've been putting on TV lately.

Lol. I liked Maggie's first word.

iwannarock

HSC
Born2baplacebo said:
I saw it the other night. I thought it was a big improvement compared to the new episodes they've been putting on TV lately.

Lol. I liked Maggie's first word.
maggie's first word was "dadda" as in daddy way back in like season 2 or 1 even.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)