The subject I hate most is ... (1 Viewer)

The subject I hate most is ...

• English (Standard or Advanced)

Votes: 274 46.1%
  • English (Extension 1 or 2)

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • Maths

Votes: 87 14.6%
  • Maths (Extension 1)

Votes: 20 3.4%
  • Maths (Extension 2)

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • Physics

Votes: 36 6.1%
  • Chemisrty

Votes: 51 8.6%
  • SDD

Votes: 15 2.5%
  • Engineering

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Other ...

Votes: 85 14.3%

• Total voters

AcCeSs-DeNieD

to put it simple.....
ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX ENGLISH SUX

simple enough?

p.s I hate english....

p.s.s - no.....really....I HATE ENGLISH

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
It seems that english takes the cake... Advanced being such a crap syllabus and all... and I've still got to find that alleged '***'- or-something-similar statement in the telling the truth module.
Hextremely bigoted if it's actually there (not PC too).

***edit: it's probably not there anyway... no point posting.

Last edited:

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Because.... there's no point posting this. I remembered later the statement was definitely not in the syllabus, because it was, after all, non-PC.
However, our teacher insisted on trying to convince the class of this, which did not succeed. then she let out that she was 'following the syllabus', which may be the notes to teachers in teaching the syllabus to kids (don't think we can get that). She said something like this: "Isn't it better if we follow what the syllabus is trying to teach, just for the sake of giong through it? I mean, I don't necessarily support this position, but I have to teach it to you, y'know?"

The proposed statement (as a satire) was: "students WILL recognise that there is no absolute truth." (emphasis mine)

We have a new english teacher that chatted to us about the new HSC teaching post-modernism (arguably a philoso-religious viewpoint) too, so it goes.

English sucks? ENGLISH sucks?!
Are you guys kidding me?!

Sheesh... 3 unit maths and physics --I could understand.. but ENGLISH?
Gimme a break...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
English is actually alrite if u have a good knowledge of the texts u gotta study, much easier than Maths Extension 1 (for me anyway)
argh....

mannnnndy

chocoholic
no way minai! maths is so much easier than english. although now that I think about it, I think the reason for me not doing so well in english is due to me falling asleep most lessons. :rolleyes: oh well it'll all b over soon. :D

AcCeSs-DeNieD

pffftt.....even if you have good knowledge of english, if the marker(s) do not have the same perspective/understanding as you, you will most likely be denied of your full marks potential since the answers to english are subjective.....whereas in maths, its objective.......you are either right or you are wrong... plain and simple and no hassles about it.... more efficient ;)

schwang_thang

omg wats this vendetta against english? (except if ure talkin abt the area of study - i dont object)

1. biology :mad1:
2. the permutations & combinations bit in 3u maths...that topic just wrecks everything!

jayjay

by FARR English is the worst
is it really relevant to anyTHING in real life
i mean its crap only because theres no one to teach it properly

EVEN most english teachers are lost in the new English syllabus

ben

Don't be silly.

Everyone loves the new english course. It said so in some pathetic Sydney Morning Herald article.

pfft/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)