The Tennis Thread (1 Viewer)

LordPc

HSC
Re: The Official Tennis Thread

murray serving and volleying on a 2nd serve. its stupid but its unpredictable. absolute genius

thebrightside

HSC

I want Henin to win the women's. And I want Nadal to win the men's, but it'll be interesting should Murray win tonight. Come onnnn Nadal!

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC

I am cheering for Murray :)

LordPc

HSC

2 sets down and nadal just has no answers. unless nadal steps it up, which would be near impossible cause he is already playing great, or he tries something different to break the murray game, this match wont see a 4th set

lychnobity

HSC

^ My thoughts exactly, Murray is just too smart a player, as well as being less predictable than Nadal.

I never would've thought of a straight sets loss for Nadal in the quarters.

Will be looking forward to Henri Leconte's commentary though.

dux&src

HSC

Looks like my friend will lose our bet. My friend went for Nadal in STRAIGHT SETS.
I went MURRAY IN 4 SETS.

Their last meeting was at a grandslam was the US open 2008 where Murray defeated him.
Also, Murray is a really good player.
He is also eye candy. :shy:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

I'm going for Rafa but I think Murray's going to beat him. Pretty soundly too. Those vicious volleys :s

LordPc

HSC

this is interesting. nadal may be slighty injured and he may have to resort to playing shorter points. how does he do that? he becomes more aggressive and goes for his shots earlier and more often

that injury may just be the thing to bring nadal back into the match here, just like it did for Roddick against Cilic earlier today

will be interesting, very interesting indeed

lychnobity

HSC

Hmm, shame.

Nadal has withdrawn from the match.

I really didn't notice Nadal's injury during the second set, all credit to him for barely showing it.

It's just as well anyway, Murray would've anihilated him.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Murray's backhand and passing shots.. jeebus.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

I'm not a fan of any player, but hopefully Cilic gives Murray a lesson. Murray would never have beaten Roddick. :sun:
Dunno, despite winning in Brisbane, Roddick's looke quite vulnerable at times. Imo, he was lucky to beat Gonzalez in the 4th round match and looked shaky against Cilic. Murray leads Roddick in head-to-heads anyways.

Murray holds a 3-1 head to head record against Cilic, with Cilic beating Murray the last time they played... in the 4th Round at the US Open. Gonna be a good game.

dux&src

HSC

Murray to win in 4 against Cilic.
Federer to win in 4 tonight.

ATAR_boy

HSC

Murray to win in 4 against Cilic.
Federer to win in 4 tonight.
Federer VS Davydenko..thats gonna be a hectic game as Davy has beaten Federer on the last 2 meetings between them..i think. :)

Yeh but I reckon Djokovic VS Tsonga will go to 5 sets.

ATAR_boy

HSC

Dunno, despite winning in Brisbane, Roddick's looke quite vulnerable at times. Imo, he was lucky to beat Gonzalez in the 4th round match and looked shaky against Cilic. Murray leads Roddick in head-to-heads anyways.

Murray holds a 3-1 head to head record against Cilic, with Cilic beating Murray the last time they played... in the 4th Round at the US Open. Gonna be a good game.
Yep u got the facts right. I'm still unsure about Cilic, he's got a huge serve but has conceded alot of sets..eg. Tomic, Roddick.
As for Murray, he's in-form, will their finally be a Scottish/British boy holding the Australian Open?? :eek:

schtrevey

BBC/LLB
HSC

Murray's going to beat Cilic if he played like last night. He rarely makes unforced errors which is astonishing and a focal factor in Nadal losing who is a counter-puncher. Murray also has an impressive serve so it's going to be a good match against Cilic.

Last edited:
HSC

didn't really surprise me that murray def nadal...imo nadal is no.4 after fed, murray and djok.
tipping fed vs murray in final
ALMAGRO SHOULD'VE WON AGAINST TSONGA!!

@schtrevey nadal isn't a counterpuncher. he's an agressive baseliner. most top players play agressively..that being said nadal rarely (and reluctantly) comes to the net

kyokaku92

HSC

hewitt.. exciting to watch?? he's the most (or one of the most) conservative players on tour atm - hes a counterpuncher... tomic is NOT overrated. i think hes the next big thing in aus tennis. tomic cant play agressively because he lacks strength right now. tomic reminds me of murray..constantly changing the pace of the ball, confusing the opponent.

tipping federer and henin for aus open titles (yes..i like one-handed backhanders)
Where did I say "exciting"? I said he is more entertaining to watch than Tomic atm. I was getting tired of the media overpromoting Tomic as the next tennis champion already, he isn't even 18 and he goes around harping as if he is the best in the game. Yes, he has talent but he has to learn to be aggressive. That match against Cilic, he looked more like engaging in a long rally hoping his opponent would make an error which he managed to do for most of the match instead of going for winners stretching Cilic on the run. Tbh, I find it quite dull even if he stretched him to 5 sets. Had he played someone like Tsonga, Nadal, Murray and players like Karlovic and Isner he would've been smashed in 3 sets with maybe one 6-0 set. As like you, I am predicting big things for Tomic but he needs time to develop his game. (his dad is turning into Dokic)

As for Hewitt, he at least has "some" aggression in his counterpunches and tries to force an error from his opponent which he tried against Federer but we know he's too good. Hewitt has played in epic matches and prevailed and he has I think if Tomic bulked up his physique he would be fit and we could see more aggression from his game. For some reason I think Tomic's game is similar to Hewitt's.

Since I like underdogs I hope Cilic makes the final and Zheng Jie to win the women's final. :)

dux&src

HSC

I want Murray vs Federer in the mens final.
I want Justine Henin vs Serena Williams in the womens final.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)