The terrorism theory President Bush refuses to hear (1 Viewer)

HSC
HotShot said:
ur calling someone a muslim because of their race - tats racism.
Not it isn't. Don't you listen? It's ignorant, it's sterotyping, but not racism. I know racism is the buzzword but surely it's just as bad to be called ignorant as it is to be called a racist. Also, are you calling me racist or was that 'you' in the universal sense?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
Not it isn't. Don't you listen? It's ignorant, it's sterotyping, but not racism. I know racism is the buzzword but surely it's just as bad to be called ignorant as it is to be called a racist. Also, are you calling me racist or was that 'you' in the universal sense?
well did u call someone a muslim by their race? it could ignorance but we dont know that. So its racism. ITs still racism if its through ignorance.

wats so bad about the word racism when u call someone a racist they start to whinge for some reason.

Racism - discrimination through race, singling out by race, grouping by race etc.

HSC
HotShot said:
well did u call someone a muslim by their race? it could ignorance but we dont know that. So its racism. ITs still racism if its through ignorance.

wats so bad about the word racism when u call someone a racist they start to whinge for some reason.

Racism - discrimination through race, singling out by race, grouping by race etc.
umm no I called someone a muslim because of their religion. lol.

I called a muslim, a muslim. I'm a racist!!

HSC
"wats so bad about the word racism when u call someone a racist they start to whinge for some reason."

Perhaps it's because it's terribley offensive to some people to be called something they're not, and it's difficult to defend oneself without listing the nationalities of everyone your friends with. I am not a racist. You don't seem to understand the defintion of a racist, so I will define it again, from a differnt source this time.
Whilst you don't know me, I don't see how you could have inferred that I hold this belief from our conversation. Calling a muslim person, muslim, is about as racist as calling a Catholic, 'Catholic' or calling a person from China or Japan 'Asian.'
It's just what they are!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
"wats so bad about the word racism when u call someone a racist they start to whinge for some reason."

Perhaps it's because it's terribley offensive to some people to be called something they're not, and it's difficult to defend oneself without listing the nationalities of everyone your friends with. I am not a racist. You don't seem to understand the defintion of a racist, so I will define it again, from a differnt source this time.
Whilst you don't know me, I don't see how you could have inferred that I hold this belief from our conversation. Calling a muslim person, muslim, is about as racist as calling a Catholic, 'Catholic' or calling a person from China or Japan 'Asian.'
It's just what they are!
I am not saying that ur rascist ( although for this whole conversation u seem to assume that i have), but anyway..
"terribley offensive to some people to be called something they're not"
so calling someone a muslim when they are not can be offensive, and if u call them, by their race (u may or not feel superior -who knows) is racism.

HSC
I am not saying that ur rascist ( although for this whole conversation u seem to assume that i have), but anyway..

so calling someone a muslim when they are not can be offensive, and if u call them, by their race (u may or not feel superior -who knows) is racism.

What are we arguing about? I'm getting confused because now you're saying you weren't calling me a racist.

Yes assuming someone's religion based on their race is offensive. We shouldn't argue over semantics because I don't belive it fits the defintion of racism and you do, it's silly. Offensive (or predjuduced or ingorant) kind of covers the concept adequatly, IMO.

Calling someone by their race (like in descriptions 'he's black, she's asian') is not.

Your last post has made me feel we are disagreeing over nothing but I am sure you did call me a racist..."well did u call someone a muslim by their race? it could ignorance but we dont know that. So its racism. ITs still racism if its through ignorance."

I asked if you were speaking in the universal sense with that 'you' and you didn't reply so I made the assumption you were referring to my post calling the terrorists who bombed the WTC Muslims.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:

What are we arguing about? I'm getting confused because now you're saying you weren't calling me a racist.

Yes assuming someone's religion based on their race is offensive. We shouldn't argue over semantics because I don't belive it fits the defintion of racism and you do, it's silly. Offensive (or predjuduced or ingorant) kind of covers the concept adequatly, IMO.

Calling someone by their race (like in descriptions 'he's black, she's asian') is not.

Your last post has made me feel we are disagreeing over nothing but I am sure you did call me a racist..."well did u call someone a muslim by their race? it could ignorance but we dont know that. So its racism. ITs still racism if its through ignorance."

I asked if you were speaking in the universal sense with that 'you' and you didn't reply so I made the assumption you were referring to my post calling the terrorists who bombed the WTC Muslims.
no all the way along i wasnt reffering to you being rascist. the argument i believe has been over the definition of rascist and where its appropriate to call someone a rascist.

there is no problem calling someone black if they are black, asian if they are asian. but calling a muslim (when u r unsure) and calling them at because of their race is racism.

i am not saying that u rascist.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
i dont know if this is relevant - i guess it is in a way.
i found these CNNNN vids on youtube, titled stupid americans, its probably a bit of a sweeping generalisation, but anyway, some CNNNN correspondent is going around on the streets asking people questions about global politics, geography and current affairs - some, if not all, of the responses are absolutely hilarious, the best laugh ive had in weeks.
e.g.
Q "name a country starting with u"
A "Yugoslavia" , "Utah" , "utopia"
brilliant!
interestingly none of them thought of USA ...??

watch all four parts (links on the right)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtXCs0Wqs9Q

Last edited:

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Thats because CNNNN sacrafice truth for humour, on the whole as someone who's been there, the average white american is smarter than the Australian.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
bshoc said:
Thats because CNNNN sacrafice truth for humour, on the whole as someone who's been there, the average white american is smarter than the Australian.
i agree, but the responses are way off to the point where its just darn funny

bored6

HSC
bshoc said:
I'd be interested to hear as to how you justify that. As someone who has visited America also, they in all honestly seemed to be of similar intellect (if you can even measure that) yet seemed to be more deep rooted in and more willing to voice their, sometimes, ignorent and shallow views. Disappointingly, the sterotype of the loud, stupid and fat American was not completely unjustified.

HSC
bored6 said:
I'd be interested to hear as to how you justify that. As someone who has visited America also, they in all honestly seemed to be of similar intellect (if you can even measure that) yet seemed to be more deep rooted in and more willing to voice their, sometimes, ignorent and shallow views. Disappointingly, the sterotype of the loud, stupid and fat American was not completely unjustified.
Agree with the first part (roughly equal intellect), not necessarily the loud, fat, American part. The people I encountered were all nice people who were far from ignorant of the world around them (well, except for that hobo who tried to stab someone in the carpark).
I did, however, go to California which is apparently some renegade state which isn't like the rest of America.

In any event, you haven't provided any evidence for your claim nor do I think you can unless you have some accurate way of measuring intelligence and defining the 'average white American/Australian.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
The Brucemaster said:
Agree with the first part (roughly equal intellect), not necessarily the loud, fat, American part. The people I encountered were all nice people who were far from ignorant of the world around them (well, except for that hobo who tried to stab someone in the carpark).
I did, however, go to California which is apparently some renegade state which isn't like the rest of America.

In any event, you haven't provided any evidence for your claim nor do I think you can unless you have some accurate way of measuring intelligence and defining the 'average white American/Australian.

well it is difficult to compare especially if you 300mill americans and only 20million australians. But on average i think a typical aussies would be more intellectual american.

americans tend to be more arrogant than aussies, they also play less intellectual sports. they tend to use more drugs than us aussies. (illcit drugs on average). They are fatter than us. THey definetly have more oppurtinities than us but fail to use them. the average american would have no idea about cricket, but the average aussies would know nearly everything about baseball (at least the rules rather than names).

HSC
HotShot said:
well it is difficult to compare especially if you 300mill americans and only 20million australians. But on average i think a typical aussies would be more intellectual american.

americans tend to be more arrogant than aussies, they also play less intellectual sports. they tend to use more drugs than us aussies. (illcit drugs on average). They are fatter than us. THey definetly have more oppurtinities than us but fail to use them. the average american would have no idea about cricket, but the average aussies would know nearly everything about baseball (at least the rules rather than names).
Sorry but that was kind of a weak argument. Yeah, I know about baseball, I know the rules, I know how to play, but I think that proves more about the globalization/Americanization of the world than it does about my intelligence.

And yet, despite saying that, I kind of agree with you about the first part. It might have to do with the tradition of Aussie disrespect for authority and cynicism, plus there are a lot of Americans, so their rednecks and fundamentalists outnumber our population, without being a true representation of America.
I would hope that the youth of America are similar to the youth of Australia,
Viva la revolution! lol.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
Sorry but that was kind of a weak argument. Yeah, I know about baseball, I know the rules, I know how to play, but I think that proves more about the globalization/Americanization of the world than it does about my intelligence.

And yet, despite saying that, I kind of agree with you about the first part. It might have to do with the tradition of Aussie disrespect for authority and cynicism, plus there are a lot of Americans, so their rednecks and fundamentalists outnumber our population, without being a true representation of America.
I would hope that the youth of America are similar to the youth of Australia,
Viva la revolution! lol.
Its actually got to do with the fact aslo that australia was(is) part of the commonwealth.

On the other hand americans seem smart because they import a lot of their talent. Import skilled labour or buy out technologies. rednecks are in both countries i would guess roughly that america might have a slightly higher percentage.

if you are intelligent you would know more about things, americans tend to know hardly anything just the bare minimum.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
HotShot said:

Any source or pulled outta ur arse again? How do you measure arrogance? have you been to USA and meet the people? All these assumptions are full of bull shit. What is so intelligent about Cricket, a game not played by more than 150 countries!

HSC
HotShot said:
Its actually got to do with the fact aslo that australia was(is) part of the commonwealth.

On the other hand americans seem smart because they import a lot of their talent. Import skilled labour or buy out technologies. rednecks are in both countries i would guess roughly that america might have a slightly higher percentage.

if you are intelligent you would know more about things, americans tend to know hardly anything just the bare minimum.
What does our being part of the commonwealth have to do with it? The only real impact our being in the commonwealth has is we get to win all the medals at the commonwealth games... :)

I know what you mean, to us, their education seems limited, about the outside world in particular. They are very USA centred in their education but as you say, they import talent so it doesn't become a huge problem.

Kinda reminds me of China...

Aryanbeauty

HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
I know what you mean, to us, their education seems limited, about the outside world in particular. They are very USA centred in their education but as you say, they import talent so it doesn't become a huge problem.

Kinda reminds me of China...
Is that why one of Australia's biggest company Telstra needs to be headed by an American? Perhaps John Howard run out of an eligible educated australian to run a big company like Telstra!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Any source or pulled outta ur arse again? How do you measure arrogance? have you been to USA and meet the people? All these assumptions are full of bull shit. What is so intelligent about Cricket, a game not played by more than 150 countries!

it terms of arrogance its based opinion. there is very little point in sourcing opinion maybe if have want to show some support to your opinions.

I have been USA and have met the people. Yes there are a lot gud ppl. But on average they tend to be more arrogant (why wouldnt you be when you are a superpower?). Its not such bad things its just way the world is. SOme people are more arrogant than others.

Aryanbeauty - you seems to takes things on a specific manner rather look at the overall picture. You seem to have fixed beliefs that America is the best nation and jews are supreme. In contrast i dont hold such fixed views towards islam or arabs or the middle east, australia or anything. Yeah sure i have personal issues with JEWS, but i dont use that in my arguments (if i do i put out clearly I HATE JEWS).
Cricket is only played a few countries because it is restricted by weather. ITs a summer sport and cant be played everywhere although with increasing technology that may soon change. Most sports are indoor and can be played anywere and thus more countries will participate in them. Canada have a developing team.

Cricket is unique it is unlike other sports. In other sports like NFL, basketball, soccer, union etc - the coach is the ultimate figure. But in cricket the captain holds all responsibility. Unlike most sports cricket is relatively long game (20/20 is a short version). about 6 hours for one day and 5 days for test.

In Cricket it is impossible to predict the victor unless it is mathematically impossible to win. The use run rates are crucial to ODIs, whilst the managing time over a long period is a skill that captain must posses in order to be gud captain. In soccer a team will hold possession in the dying few seconds if they are winning. In cricket there is no such as winning till the match is over.

there are so many variables in cricket its almost a pre-requisite that you are smart to play. for eg decisions to when to change to the new ball, fielding settings, where to hit ball, and how to bowl. when compared to baseball - u hit the ball and u run. Baseball is good sport no doubt, but in cricket u need to be more smart to play and be sucessful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)