The Thread for ALL FIRST YEAR QUESTIONS. (1 Viewer)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
no its not, its traditional

Also its great for leaving behind secret comments about teachers. This one time I was thumbing through the contents page of my math textbook and some writing said turn to page XX to see Mr Mitch. I turned to that page and saw a picture of galileo looked remarkably like my then math teacher.

Last edited:

Uncle

Banned
HSC
no its not, its traditional

Also its great for leaving behind secret comments about teachers. This one time I was thumbing through the contents page of my math textbook and some writing said turn to page XX to see Mr Mitch. I turned to that page and saw a picture of galileo looked remarkably like my then math teacher.
I made Galileo look like Elton John just by giving him thick-framed spectacles in my Maths in Focus textbook.

Linear

HSC
Thanks for the advice guys^^

One more question, how many hours per week would you say you spend studying? In the welcome lecture we had, the guy said we should be studying at 2 hours per UoC... Is that right?

deadfishlol

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the advice guys^^

One more question, how many hours per week would you say you spend studying? In the welcome lecture we had, the guy said we should be studying at 2 hours per UoC... Is that right?
At least in science, 2 hours/UoC is totally overkill imo.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i'm doing 2 hrs a night with engineering and i'm pretty up to date

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I have no set hours.

I get through what i need.

Somedays its study like crazy, others its just an hour or so.

Linear

HSC
Oh ok, that's good to hear^^ I've been worried why I couldn't keep up with doing 2hrs / UoC haha

HSC
How to sleep at uni? I'd like a quiet place where i won't be disturbed

HSC
yeah but i really don't like people walking around me and stuff when i be sleeping.

Those sleeping capsule things in Japan would be soo cool at uni.

tommaykunz said:
sleep in the library
You wouldn't enjoy the fapping impunity that you'd enjoy in a sleeping capsule

Last edited:

franklhy

HSC
its quite a good idea to have sleeping capsules. but that will mean maintenance and all those sort of stuff, which will surely bring in a fee.

on the other hand scientists have shown that a 20 to 30 minutes nap during the day speeds up the brain thinking process, which will be useful for students.

HSC
People can rent out a sleeping capsule for a fee, the alarm clock will go off when your time is up.

In Land of the Rising Sun, 3000 yen is charged to you ... for a night, that's about $40 AUD. So UNSW could charge $5 an hour, it would be more than adequate to cover maintanence, initial set up costs and whatnot.

eh..

franklhy

HSC
People can rent out a sleeping capsule for a fee, the alarm clock will go off when your time is up.

In Land of the Rising Sun, 3000 yen is charged to you ... for a night, that's about $40 AUD. So UNSW could charge $5 an hour, it would be more than adequate to cover maintanence, initial set up costs and whatnot.

eh..
i support!

HSC
How to subject with high HD rate?

Edit: What first year subject has a high HD rate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)