The Thread for ALL FIRST YEAR QUESTIONS. (1 Viewer)

sebster16

HSC
im a doing 13 units
and i am aiming to get above 90%
In order to study where I want I have to complete the advanced maths course, but it doesnt matter what I get.
Since maths is by far my worst subject, i have stopped trying in it and have instead spent more time on other subjects.
If i am doing really really badly, can my school drop me to general maths, or drop me from maths altogether??? Without my permission??

LordPc

HSC
im a doing 13 units
and i am aiming to get above 90%
In order to study where I want I have to complete the advanced maths course, but it doesnt matter what I get.
Since maths is by far my worst subject, i have stopped trying in it and have instead spent more time on other subjects.
If i am doing really really badly, can my school drop me to general maths, or drop me from maths altogether??? Without my permission??
this is a university section. you would get more responses in the HSC section.

but in regards to your question, no, they cannot do anything without your permission. all they can do is "strongly recommend" that you drop a subject.

back on topic, so how is seating arranged in the exams?

I've got my MATH1131 exam tomorrow, ~ 1500 others do too. my hunch would be you sit down anywhere and fill out a form with your details. otherwise finding a seat with my name on it could take a little while

Iruka

HSC
N/A
this is a university section. you would get more responses in the HSC section.

but in regards to your question, no, they cannot do anything without your permission. all they can do is "strongly recommend" that you drop a subject.

back on topic, so how is seating arranged in the exams?

I've got my MATH1131 exam tomorrow, ~ 1500 others do too. my hunch would be you sit down anywhere and fill out a form with your details. otherwise finding a seat with my name on it could take a little while
The seating is arranged at random. The invigilators give you a card with your seat number on it as you go in the door. I guess this is so that you can't arrange to sit next to your friends and get assistance from them in the exam.

Since when did the uni start running exams on the weekend?

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
The seating is arranged at random. The invigilators give you a card with your seat number on it as you go in the door. I guess this is so that you can't arrange to sit next to your friends and get assistance from them in the exam.

Since when did the uni start running exams on the weekend?
Since last year or so, I think...

I don't remember doing any in 2007.

Saturday exams are shit though.

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Since last year or so, I think...

I don't remember doing any in 2007.

Saturday exams are shit though.
What a cesspit this uni is turning into!

12 week semesters and now exams on Saturdays.

I am so glad I don't have to do coursework at UNSW any more.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
sicne they reduced the exam period to like 2 weeks

also, i have a saturday morning exam. double owned :/

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
sicne they reduced the exam period to like 2 weeks

also, i have a saturday morning exam. double owned :/
1st saturday exam.

Corporate Law in the morning. With Trains down due to trackwork between Parra & Strathfield.

Triple ownage.

LordPc

HSC
1st saturday exam.

Corporate Law in the morning. With Trains down due to trackwork between Parra & Strathfield.

Triple ownage.
argh, another hurdle on the way to the exam. so how do I get from parra to strathfield then?

edit: dw

i was reading the exam pages and on this page

https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/acad...onrules.html#Rulesfortheconductofexaminations

it says that you can take in
Lecture notes: Annotations, tagging and/or highlighting not permitted unless specified

surely I have misread something

Last edited:

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Anyone living WEST of Strathfield does not deserve a rail service.
Buses should replace trains between Parramatta and Strathfield every day of the week. Keep the West away from the East.

But anyways, here is a link for your bus timetable from Parramatta to Strathfield.

http://www.cityrail.info/trackwork/bus_timetables/090613-Western_Line.pdf

And there is an EXPRESS BUS from Blacktown to Central Station ONLY via the M2.

http://www.cityrail.info/trackwork/bus_timetables/090613-Blue_Mountains_Line.pdf

Good Luck.
Fuck. Barring what you just posted (I dont live in those areas so I don't really care), its taken you over 6 years to make 4 posts?

I always sort of stare in wonder at accounts that are so old, still active with minimal post counts.

shakky15

HSC
Tallkid34 you are quickly becoming my idol. besides the international business major (i am doing accounting), your degree is identical to mine so hopefully you can answer my qn:

Seeing as business eco and financial eco share so many courses, is it possible that, for example, ECON2101 Micro 2 can be counted towards both these majors (hence you can do both these majors with less than 15 courses put together)? i hope that makes sense...

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Tallkid34 you are quickly becoming my idol. besides the international business major (i am doing accounting), your degree is identical to mine so hopefully you can answer my qn:

Seeing as business eco and financial eco share so many courses, is it possible that, for example, ECON2101 Micro 2 can be counted towards both these majors (hence you can do both these majors with less than 15 courses put together)? i hope that makes sense...
No, unfortunately. Micro 2 can only be counted towards one of your majors and for your sake, I'd include it towards your financial eco major because it is a bitch. You need a certain amount of UOC to graduate so trying to include the same courses as counting towards 2 majors isnt going to work.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
also international business is a terrible major, the subjects/cores are completely retarded

fu mgmt****

shakky15

HSC
also international business is a terrible major, the subjects/cores are completely retarded

fu mgmt****
can you elaborate?? some people i know wanna do that major since it "sounds" cool...

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
can you elaborate?? some people i know wanna do that major since it "sounds" cool...
International business is an fairly straightforward, easy commerce major that doesn't really teach you anything that substantial. It's something you 'd do out of personal interest and nothing more.

I do it because its a nice change from all the economics I have to do.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
there's very little substance with international business subjects, it's all remember this, compare that. very little analysis/critical thinking required.

i picked this major for the same reason as tallkid, but in retrospect i probably shouldve majored in econ/fins instead

V4Ni$H

HSC
Hey guys

I'm currently doing ACCT1501 and this year to pass the course we are required to get a minimum of 50% in the final exam and failure to achieve that will result a Unsatisfactory Fail.

Can someone tell me what would happen after one receives that? Do you have to re-take the course again (meaning also making your degree longer and you have to pay the course fee again?)

Say if you are doing part-time uni and you took up only 2 courses in Bachelor of Commerce , will they not let you graduate in 4 years?

Thanks

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Hey guys

I'm currently doing ACCT1501 and this year to pass the course we are required to get a minimum of 50% in the final exam and failure to achieve that will result a Unsatisfactory Fail.

Can someone tell me what would happen after one receives that? Do you have to re-take the course again (meaning also making your degree longer and you have to pay the course fee again?)

Say if you are doing part-time uni and you took up only 2 courses in Bachelor of Commerce , will they not let you graduate in 4 years?

Thanks

You would have to re-take the subject. I would highly recommend you doing it in Second semester as it is offered then. I wouldn't want to do it during Summer holidays... can't stand to do any uni work during the holidays. If you're planning to major in Accounting, Management Accounting 1 (ACCT2522) requires 50% in the final exam as well.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
wow, thats strange.

i always hated visiting pakistan, but visiting cousins in denmark is always the best.

got the company of my cousins who are like long lost best friends, and the place is
just so awesome, snows sometimes, absolutely love it.
AHA!

one of my MMAN2100 tutors look like a paki and has the accent of a european.
coincidence?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yes, uncle, i am your mman2100 tutor.

now i got a question, i heard from some dude that throughout your degree you are limited to recieve only 3 Pass Conceded (PC's, no more will be given, the rest will just be fails). Is this true?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)