The UNSW bus queue at Eddy Ave (1 Viewer)

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
minimalistik said:
It's ok to buy a ticket on the bus anyway, everyone who has one is suppose to be on the right side really...

NOOOOO

It is NOT okay to buy a ticket on the bus. Bus-ticket-buyers are the lowest form of human life and should be forced to walk.

Just buy a travelpass or a brown travelten. It's cheaper AND you won't incur the wrath of the whole left half of the queue AND you won't look like a n00b.

Chris.

HSC
drewbrow1 said:
NOOOOO

It is NOT okay to buy a ticket on the bus. Bus-ticket-buyers are the lowest form of human life and should be forced to walk.

Just buy a travelpass or a brown travelten. It's cheaper AND you won't incur the wrath of the whole left half of the queue AND you won't look like a n00b.
yes, every1 look at this transport pro

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, it's more worthwhile to pre-pay, either a weekly travelpass, or a travelten, or whatever. Not only is it quicker and you won't look like a n00b, you'll also save money. And the volume of people needing to go on the buses to UNSW, as opposed to other unis (e.g. USYD, where at least you can walk from Central, walk from Redfern or catch any number of buses) means that if you buy a ticket, it'll take forever for the bus to leave.

stephenchow

HSC
Ok, I go to UNSW only for four days. What will save me more money, travelpass or 4 tickets to central (and return) plus a 4/5 of a travelten?

tempco

HSC
stephenchow said:
Ok, I go to UNSW only for four days. What will save me more money, travelpass or 4 tickets to central (and return) plus a 4/5 of a travelten?
It'll save you a $1-2 or so if you buy the separate tickets. I go to uni 3 days a week and I still buy a travel pass. I'm more than willing to pay the extra money for the convenience.

stephenchow

HSC
Do I purchase the brown travelten if I'm catching the 891 bus from eddy ave?

EDIT: Anyone know how much a 7 day railpass would save me if I were buy that instead of 4 individual tickets or is more expensive?

Last edited:

implicity

HSC
z0mg at the bus queue on anzac pde this afternoon.. at 6pm!
Thankfully I had a friend drive me home so I managed to avoid it.
I don't think I've ever seen it that long!

Bendent

HSC
FeelBare said:
Is it going to be that bad every day at Eddy Ave as I've witnessed today? And what are you opinions on cutting the queue?

:santa:
pls don't cut the queue. you're in australia for ^&* sake.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Bendent said:
pls don't cut the queue. you're in australia for ^&* sake.
What the hell does that mean.

Anyway, are you sure about the Airport line fee from green square? That would be awsome if we could do that.

Bendent

HSC
Curry said:

Anyway, are you sure about the Airport line fee from green square? That would be awsome if we could do that.
it means i rarely see many ppl cut queues here and it's not fair for other ppl and i don't want to see more and more ppl doing this.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Curry said:

You know, I couldn't find any mention of that fee on the cityrail website. Maybe it doesn't exist nowadays?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Off the travelpass page (http://www.cityrail.info/fares/travelpass.jsp)

Note:
TravelPass tickets do not entitle the holder to enter or exit at any Airport Line station. If customers wish to enter/exit at these stations, the cost of a GatePass must be paid.

And if you look at the travelpass map (http://www.cityrail.info/fares/TravelPass.pdf), each of the 4 airport line stations (international, domestic, mascot and green square) has a little $ sign next to them, as a nice little reminder.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
yeah i caught the bus at like 8.30 this morning from eddy avenue

when i got there i thought i'd be there all day cos there were soooooo many people, but the queue actually moved really fast and i got on a bus in 10 minutes

so it wasnt too bad really. i think it was worse in the afternoon from anzac parade

gman03

HSC
ppl, is only week 1 tuesday.. more exciting events are happening soon

e.g. the revenue investigatng unit will pay a visit to some 895 at some point... in the first few weeks...

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
gman03 said:
ppl, is only week 1 tuesday.. more exciting events are happening soon

e.g. the revenue investigatng unit will pay a visit to some 895 at some point... in the first few weeks...
And what do these revenue investigating unit people do???

FeelBare

HSC
They check if you've being naughty or not.
I thought you'd say something along the lines of them trying to "investigate" and eventually improve the bus network. :confused:

You don't need to catch the 895 bus... just catch the ones that go to Museum or Townhall.

ZabZu

HSC
implicity said:
z0mg at the bus queue on anzac pde this afternoon.. at 6pm!
Thankfully I had a friend drive me home so I managed to avoid it.
I don't think I've ever seen it that long!
I was there. For a late-ish time like 6pm I couldnt believe how many people were there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)