The UNSW bus queue at Eddy Ave (1 Viewer)

Raginsheep

HSC
No they don't. Considering I didn't have time to get coffee in the morning after getting to Central at 9:20, its bloody long.

You first years suck, start skipping lectures already.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lol, Sydney Bus is pretty pov, they don't allocate all-air conditioned buses to us Uni students, yet they pay officers to help them check who's got the correct ticket.

Anyway, just a warning to first years, don't try hopping on the buses in the morning and think you can get away without buying a ticket. It's worse to pay a fee.

Arh when I waited at the bus stop this afternoon to get to uni, it was almost like 20 minutes later when the bus showed up, made me sooo late for my Microbiology Lab.

All travel passes do not allow passengers to exit or enter the Train stations at International & Domestic. You need to buy a separate train ticket which for concessions are much cheaper than Adult fare.

Last edited:

NinjaSauce

HSC
Is this just relevant for buses heading towards Central?

I catch my bus to Elizabeth Street [Just outside David Jones - City], which leaves from the stop on the right once you leave Uni.

Anyways, When i left around 6pm on Tuesday, I saw a MASSIVE line for the Central Buses, but my bus had 2 people standing around, and a bus turned up immediatly... :-D

Should i expect super lines in the future? or am just lucky, and get to laugh at everyone else?

Raginsheep

HSC
Last year, things started to die down after the first few weeks

Riviet

HSC
N/A
NinjaSauce said:
Should i expect super lines in the future? or am just lucky, and get to laugh at everyone else?
You would expect a considerably shorter line (or no line at all) if you're catching the buses (which don't stop at central) from the second bus stop opposite UNSW. Otherwise... line up and be patient.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
This topic only applies to students taking 891 - UNSW / University Express bus, and 895/891 which heads from UNSW back to Central.

Though the other buses like l94, etc aren't as packed. Which reminds me, does anyone even take the 400 bus? It's like every few minutes you see one...yet we need to wait for sooooo long just for 393.

purplemonkey

HSC
Are you able to pre-pay a single journey ticket from those Transit ppl, or just TravelTens/ TravelPasses? I was only at uni 3days this week, due to tutorials starting week2, so it was cheaper for me to buy a ticket from the driver, but then I got told by a yellow-vest guy not to do that.... :confused: as of next week, I'll have a TravelPass, so what does it matter..I always have the right change anyway and dont hold up the line...

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I remember on Tuesday as I crossed Eddy Ave and saw the queue at 8:30am. I was like "fuck this" saw a 391 pull up and immediately jumped on board, beating pretty much everyone who decided to stay in the 895 line.

And I think I've said this before but the only thing worse than someone buying a bus ticket is someone buying a bus ticket from the RIGHT side of the queue when going into a bus. They're the lowest kind of scum.

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
If I get to the bus stop at Eddy ave and have to wait a long time and then have to wait for some stupid idiot to move from the right queue to the left because they are to stupid to have travel tens I will snap. It pisses me off at how long hte machine takes to do the whole ticket thing. its goes in real fast and then takes an eternity to come out, i move up to it, and keep moving, put my ticket in, keep moving and then have to stop because the machine is a lump of crap. Oh well theres my rant about the crap buses.

Also about the investigators, I don't care about fine evasion(mr travelpass is all sorted and dipped :).). I just don't want them holding up the line.
Btw i'm getting an earlier train tomorrow that'll get me to eddy ave by about 5 past 8.

If your there then, hehe, i might see you, if you displayed you BoS username above your head. :)

Chris.

wind

HSC
tempco said:
It'll save you a $1-2 or so if you buy the separate tickets. I go to uni 3 days a week and I still buy a travel pass. I'm more than willing to pay the extra money for the convenience.
It's cheaper to buy a TravelPass if your City return train ticket costs $4.40, even if you go for only 4 days.

Train tickets: $4.40 * 4 = $17.6
Bus tickets: $2.80 (return) * 4 = $11.20

Total for 4 days is $28.80.

The most a TravelPass costs is $27.50 (purple). Although the train ticket price varies depending on where you live.

FeelBare

HSC
Third day in; whose Travelpasses are still alive? :confused:

Mine's got furry edges but no jam yet. And DraconisV, I like the beeps coming from the dip machines.

Get over the fucking dip-machines and how they try to ruin your life.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I like the sound of the dips. But because I purchase my TravelTens from CityRail, it always takes longer to come up than those purchased from the bus or tickets agent. Maybe it's the different formatting? :confused:

shsshs

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
You know, I couldn't find any mention of that fee on the cityrail website. Maybe it doesn't exist nowadays?
just use the 'fare calculator' and see if the price is any different to the price of a ticket to central.

i think the fee only applies to domestic and int. but not sure

implicity

HSC
shsshs said:
just use the 'fare calculator' and see if the price is any different to the price of a ticket to central.

i think the fee only applies to domestic and int. but not sure
It applies to all stations on the airport link - International, Domestic, Mascot, and Green Square :)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Hahah i dont know what you've been doing to your travelpass, but I've been buying one every week since 2004 and they all keep in shape fine :p

But yeah, the lines start to die down after a while ... maybe cos people start skipping those 9 or 10am lectures :p What's worse was the line at the MB coffee cart this morning, arghhh!!

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
The dip-machines don't ruin my life. and now that everyone mentions it I do like the sound of the beep that the dip-machines make *listens to dip-machine in head*.

That coffee thing is annoying, they should put it in a more open space, when it gets close to 9 all these people buy their coffees and the place is locked down, so i jump down and run across the lawn.

I gotg the train that arrives at centrl at 7.56 today and got on the bus all good, quick aswell and got to the uni at like 25past. I will catch the train that arrives at 8:10 in future so that when I arrive I will walk straight to class and that means that I can wake up 10 minutes later.

Chris.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
bubz :D said:
Hahah i dont know what you've been doing to your travelpass, but I've been buying one every week since 2004 and they all keep in shape fine :p

But yeah, the lines start to die down after a while ... maybe cos people start skipping those 9 or 10am lectures :p What's worse was the line at the MB coffee cart this morning, arghhh!!
I dropped mine in a puddle of water last year, and inserted it into a ticket machine on the bus and it came out fine (albeit still soaked). Those things could survive a nuclear weapon blast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)