The UNSW bus queue at Eddy Ave (1 Viewer)

stephenchow

HSC
Queues before 9 am are still long. They like nearly go past the traffic lights from the station. It's much worse than queues for the student id.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
LottoX said:
At least here it increases our post sizes, therefore lengthening our e-pienses (sic)
Replying to an ignorant post who doesn't recognise that BOS' real e-penis was abolished some time ago.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
politik said:
About Bus Queues? No, i'm not asian enough to create such innane topics. You guys should consider posting on e-campus. They're chock full of useless University discussion.
Wtf faggot? You try waiting 20mins in a line every morning. Some of us actually have courses and lectures we have to get to, and don't have the luxury of living in the eastern suburbs.

Why do you think only first years care about waiting? Moron.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
yahh im lucky i caught an earlier train and got to central around 8, arrived at uni at 9 on the dot

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Doesn't polipenis live in Rockdale anyway? That's not an eastern suburb. loser.

politik said:
About Bus Queues? No, i'm not asian enough to create such innane topics. You guys should consider posting on e-campus. They're chock full of useless University discussion.
I agree. You guys should talk more about the applied science building...

<_<
>_>
<_<

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
God...I'm taking those L94, 392, 394, etc everyday (During Uni times) from town hall to unsw, and they're all like broken down or something...I've waited 23 minutes consecutively everday just to catch any one of these 5 buses. (I mean look at the probability - 1/5 for me, but for those catching from central its only 1/3 (891, 393, 395). :burn:

Even from UNSW back to town hall, I have to wait at least 15 mins, it's almost like a swap for the waiting times to get to central.

Nowadays, there's more 891s & 895s heading out from unsw back to central, but less l94s, 392s etc. Also, yeah the queue at central has died down considerably, maybe the STA added more buses in.

Lol, and to make matters worse, I was working with a partner for a cofa course, and she kept saying how my model (in a teamwork project) was incorrect, or she didn't like it... when we have less than 30 mins to submit the assignment. God some people in this world are losers, they'd rather hand in a perfect assignment which is way past the deadline, rather than an average assignment that's handed in right on deadline.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
The Circular Quay via Anzac Parade buses are ALWAYS unpredictable. A lot of the time timetabled buses don't come, sometimes you'll get 3+ arriving at the stop at the same time... etc etc etc. People give Cityrail so much shit but Sydney Buses is much, much worse.

elfm

HSC
Rekkusu said:
Lol, and to make matters worse, I was working with a partner for a cofa course, and she kept saying how my model (in a teamwork project) was incorrect, or she didn't like it... when we have less than 30 mins to submit the assignment. God some people in this world are losers, they'd rather hand in a perfect assignment which is way past the deadline, rather than an average assignment that's handed in right on deadline.
some people believe that the work you produce represents what you are, i.e. if you hand in shit work, you ARE shit. i can see the merit in that.

buses don't get many complaints because the number of passengers can be very unpredictable and there's always traffic congestions and traffic lights slowing everything down. driving in the city is shit, so i don't put too much blame on the sydney buses.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
>< Yeah I agree with dumsum, it's totally unpredictable. But one thing I don't get is why they don't increase the frequency of the buses if there's so many passengers. Yeah I've seen like all 4 arrive at the same time, its either because of the passenger issue, or that the bus drivers departed from the depot all at the same time.

True, if you do hand it crappy projects, it's bad, but when you get into the workforce it's always about KPIs, if you hand in something that's perfect but late, then that's even worse.

But man, it was the buses which got me all hyped up today. Even my M2 bus from Hills area was so damn late, and there isn't even any heavy traffic there. I do hope that the reports about CityRail's efficiency and stuff will help Australia get the best transport systems.

Last edited:

Pace_T

HSC
last yr i found the buses to be really good except for when i started at 9am it was just too bloody busy, i ended up getting to class at around 9:30... got fed up with it this semester, i start around 10-11 and by that time it wasn't TOO busy but the buses neva came when they were suppsoe to come and i was waiting like 20 - 30 mins it was a fucken joke so i drive now.... public transport is so shit

gman03

HSC
Have you guys wonder what if UNSW is located in North Sydney?

Would the transport be any better?

At least driving along the harbour bridge to uni is free!

HSC
i never started 9am last year/semester so when i did first time now i got owned by the ques, they are like chocka's from that narrow lane where u dip your ticket, full of people; never saw it that bad. but i realised im only there 5-10min max since a whole army of 891's come

wind

HSC
My only 9am start is on a Friday so I miss out on the fun of waiting lol.

I heard that the line on Eddy Ave. stretches to the traffic lights on other days :S Good thing my days start at 10am, 11am or 1pm :p

Still, it's a 24 hour/5 day week with some courses extending their classes for an extra 2-3 hours.

Haku

the first few weeks was horrible,
thats when all the enthusiastic first yrs think its important to go every morning.

after the first 4 or so weeks they are no longer enthusiastic and a clear reduction in the line can be seem.

Oh and friday after noon bus from unsw to central got to be the worst wait. It worse then mornings, the bus literally come once every 20 or 30 minutes and the lines are so long that i have to wait around 40 min to get on and its so damn hot and sunny.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Ah if only you people would realise that you can walk 200m to the Anzac Pde / Barker St stop and get on any bus easily... except the 895.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)