The Usage Of The Word- "BLOODY" In Tourism Ads. (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
ur_inner_child said:
you assumed that my post was asking why it was placed overseas

which i find severely insulting.
You consider what was a fair assumption to be insulting? Rightio.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I find the campaign to get bloody aired to be somewhat infantile - I detest the way its been portrayed on the news as if our rights are being suppressed:
'Oh noes!11one!! I can't have an advertisement about Australia filled with cliches aired in another country! What shall I do now?!=O"

Though its possible that this sentiment partly comes out of my dissapointment in Lara[the blonde girl doing the modelling], since way back we used to be in the same school and now she just seems like an icon for something trivial.

As far as whether it should be shown - meh, don't see the big problem.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Generator said:
You consider what was a fair assumption to be insulting? Rightio.
i'll admit im not respecting hotshot purely from posts he's previously posted in other threads, but i was asking why it was placed in america/canada when theyre often very conservative about these things, rather than asking why we were putting these ads overseas. Because obviously this is about a holiday destination. I got insulted that he thought I didn't know this.

I'll admit though, I took away the comment because I quickly realised how successful this ad has been anyway. The media makes it like the backlash is of the majority.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
i'll admit im not respecting hotshot purely from posts he's previously posted in other threads, but i was asking why it was placed in america/canada when theyre often very conservative about these things, rather than asking why we were putting these ads overseas. Because obviously this is about a holiday destination. I got insulted that he thought I didn't know this.

I'll admit though, I took away the comment because I quickly realised how successful this ad has been anyway. The media makes it like the backlash is of the majority.
boohoo respect, who respects u? especially if you come with some ridiculous posts
Assumptions are made, they have to be made, in just about everything get over it. its not like i am ruining ur life or anything. I made one comment and you were insulted, i hope you have a gud life...

an ad representing australia should be of the highest quality. and i feel this ad isnt up to standards. The ad that should be used instead is that awesome VB ad - "eating our national animals"- now thats an ad, that would sell. fine tune it. bingo!.

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
I think the ad is "bloody" marvolous...I think the poms are being numbskulls, and the conservative Americans who have outlawed "hell"...doesn't "HELL" get used in (nearly) every church serman?

Excuse my blatent tunnel vision here, but what th..

K

katie_tully

I don't see the issue. Apparently we say bloody all the time.

I saw it on that episode of the Simpsons last night.

davin

HSC
N/A
that simpsons episode is responsible for 35% of waht americans know about australia

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
davin said:
that simpsons episode is responsible for 35% of waht americans know about australia
Bloody Oath!

hehe...they showed the Australian episode last night at 6pm:rofl: Too bad The Prime Minster wasnt more Howard like...oh well

Now excuse me, i believe i have to feed my Emu that i have in my backyard, everyone better feed theirs too

HotShot

-_-
HSC
stalk_if_u_dare said:
Bloody Oath!

hehe...they showed the Australian episode last night at 6pm:rofl: Too bad The Prime Minster wasnt more Howard like...oh well

Now excuse me, i believe i have to feed my Emu that i have in my backyard, everyone better feed theirs too
my emu died..........

so we are having it for dinner.

then vb ad is so much better.

davin

HSC
N/A
though i still am surprised the tourism commerical features camels....i think about 4% of americans, at least, would ever associate camels with australia. ever. and i'm being extremely generous. i would think that'd hold true for elsewhere

HotShot

-_-
HSC
davin said:
though i still am surprised the tourism commerical features camels....i think about 4% of americans, at least, would ever associate camels with australia. ever. and i'm being extremely generous. i would think that'd hold true for elsewhere
there are probably only 4% camels in australia maybe mostly less...

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
HotShot said:
my emu died..........

so we are having it for dinner.
oh dear oh dear..you know they're tough..eeww

still got Skippy? Our Skippy took my baby & ran away...sorry, hopped away. Never trust a Roo with boxing gloves & scissors:(

davin

HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
there are probably only 4% camels in australia maybe mostly less...
yeah, but, i don't think really anyone outside of australia is aware of them

K

katie_tully

Shows how much any of you know about Australia.

Australia is the second largest exporter of camels in the world, next to the Arab states.

santa06

HSC
I agree which Aussie doesnt ever say bloody, and its not as though its offensive, or at least not as offensive as saw: motherf*cker, or anything of that nature. They should be thankful we're not going around sayin: come to australia for good time you motherf*ckers. This is ridiculous!

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Hahhaa, I laugehd when the adds were criticised. Personally, the adds are cool.
and for god's sake. the word 'Bloody' and 'Hell'- they're on freaking tv every single bloody day!
They don't complain about their bloody tv programs do they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)