The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

tanna

HSC
do you reckon woolies is good for a 15 year old... first job?
i still wanna have a life and do well in year 10 next year..
what is the maximum amount of hours needed to work p/ week?
are the times flexible?
do i have to apply online?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
well, if ur casual, the minimum is 0, but, shifts have to be at least 3 hours long, but it's unlikely you'd be put on so little, so i'd say 9hrs is probably the minimum hrs
times are flexible based on ur availibility and the niceness of the service manager
yes, you have to apply online

T

Testpilot

I don't work for Woolies but I'm guessing the part-time workers would have slightly lower rates of pay which is compensated with by benefits like holidays, sick leave. I am also guessing that there may be a set number of hours for part-time worker.

tubtub

HSC
i work at woolies. its ok but hate how most of the teeny boppers are so selfish and bitchy

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
casual workers get more pay, but have no benifits whatsoever, there is no obligation on an employer to give a casual worker hours, if ur sick, u dont get paid, u dont get paid for holidays either, and you can be fired with about an hours notice.

Part-time workers get paid less, but are garunteed minimum hours per week, get sick leave, holiday leave (4 weeks) and other types of leaves and get at least 2 weeks notice.

most people at woolies apart from managers and supervisors are casual, unless u do a good job, in which case ur usually offered part time work

HSC
i work in woolworthes deli, i'm gonna be trained in checkout soon.
i love my deli manager she's so sweet. but there is the biggest bitch who works there. omg whenever i see her i want to slap her female patterned baldness fugly face. she thinks shes the manager of the deli but shes nothing but a bitch! i hate her, along with everyone else in the deli.
lol she was transferred to revesby deli for 2 weeks and when she came back another guy was transferred; EVERYONE HATED HER! big suprise there.

Last edited:

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
vg_woz_here said:
HehE...i got offered Perm Part Time on my 7th Week Probation ^_^
1 week =).

I think the question re: casual and PPT workers wasn't answered wholly. In short, casual workers receive an additional 20% loading compared to PPT/FT employees as they don't receive paid sick leave, annual leave or long service leave. PPT workers who take on additional hours to their contract are paid at the casual rates for the hours worked, unless they are 'flexed-up'.

tanna

HSC
Can I roster off particular days permanately in both casual and part time?

Divzorz

HSC
I had my first shift at woolies yesterday, its a lot more tiring than it looks standing there serving the customers and putting in bags etc. I find it hard to identify some fruits and veg which makes me look stupid lol, anyone have any sugestions? I should probably stand there and stare at all the fruit + veg options so i know them all.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I found the fruits and veggies easy to get since the same ones keep popping up time and time again. My fingers just automatically go to the right "corner"/"square".

Sounds dumb but just browse the screen when there are no customers or even look at the produce area if you're super keen haha.

Look at the stickers through the bag or just ask the customer if it's some obscure thing.

Agreed about the tiring thing. I just wanna die when I see people loading 20 2L bottles of coke or 3L milks onto the conveyor belt.

HSC
one_wit said:
shifts have to be at least 3 hours long,
There's a girl in my store who continually has afternoon shifts from 4.00-6.30, a total of 2 1/2 hours. She asked our supervisor about it and he said that for school students theres a loophole in our award that says we can work 2 1/2 hour shifts on days when we close at 6pm (ie Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays).

Sarah168 said:
I just wanna die when I see people loading 20 2L bottles of coke or 3L milks onto the conveyor belt
The worst thing is when people ignore the "leave 18/30 pack cokes in your trolley sign". Thats just horrible. And when you tell them that they can leave it in their trolley, they're like, nah, its ok, you can scan it. Grrr.

Last edited:

Kmara2nv

HSC
i work at woolies a a check out chick

for 2 years at cecil hills
and i fukn hate it
but i get paid 11 70

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

synthesized said:
if you miss the phone call from woolies after you applied will they ever call back again? i suspect it couldve been woolies who called me this morning at about 8:50 while i was still asleep :mad1:

also do they give you an interview over the phone or do they just tell you to go into the store for an interview?
I missed one call from them and they called me back, they seem to have a habit of calling at inconvenient times.
Normally your initial interview is arranged via email, but any others they'll ring you for. Most interviews are conducted face to face.

Pilotdude

HSC
Divzorz said:
I find it hard to identify some fruits and veg which makes me look stupid lol, anyone have any sugestions? I should probably stand there and stare at all the fruit + veg options so i know them all.
An easy way, look at the labels on the side, or ask the person next to you, and if you have WOWPOS (touch screens) you will have the pictures of the fruit.

Im a supervisor at woolies and we have to wear those stupid green vests and we were told today that once the new uniform arrives we still have to wear those stupid things with the green shirts, stupid idea.

For those who ask about pay heres WA rates:

Juniors 7.70 an hour during probation and untill they turn 16 then they go up to 9 dollars then when they turn 17 they go up to 11.90, im 17 and supervisor and im on 14.00 an hour which is pretty good for a 17 year old, considering some of the fulltimers are on 15.00!.

Also another question, does many stores have young supervisors like 16,17,18 y/o's?

Divzorz

HSC
There are a couple of supervisors at my store who are 17-18.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)