The Woolworths Thread (7 Viewers)

HSC
Pilotdude said:
Today was an interesting day....

I got offered 2IC of Service Department, i think its going to look really good on my resume lol, a 17 year old as a department manager.

New uniforms i heard are now end of January
Congrats on 2IC. I only hope that you know what you're getting into. Today we got a new 2IC for service. The old 2IC (a 19 year old uni dropout) was far from pleased.

Our checkout staff haven't even ordered new uniforms (I know that grocery and deli have, but not sure about other depts), so I don't know what my store is going to do.

Pilotdude

HSC
Thnx, yer im a bit worried about what i got my self into but its only till the end of the year when i move to the it helpdesk.
:)

HSC
In WA (where I'm pretty sure Pilotdude is from), most people finish high school at 17, some even at 16 (like me) if their birthdays are late enough. So working full time after finishing high school at the ripe old age of 17 isn't uncommon

Pilotdude

HSC
Yep im from WA just using woolies to save some money up before i move east next year. Graduated year 12 in November 2006 :D

I saw the uniforms today and well...........they look similar to Coles and K-mart but it is a really dull and boring green with "Woolworths" on it.

But it might look good when its on but i prefer the Tie and Shirt option.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
argh, i'm starting almost full-time today as our liquor 2IC is on holidays
so hurrah, manager numbers, i've gone from 70 to 11, and i'm being trained as a supervisor

and double hurrah WoWPoS on Valentine's day, FUCKING FINALLY, our store has THE OLDEST REGISTERS IN THE STATE.

HSC
Pilotdude said:
I saw the uniforms today and well...........they look similar to Coles and K-mart but it is a really dull and boring green with "Woolworths" on it.

But it might look good when its on but i prefer the Tie and Shirt option.
First saw them yesterday, and thought ok, theyre not too bad. Then I saw the five huge boxes of them near the cash office and almost cried - they're horrible. I think I own a tablecloth in that colour and fabric.

Our full timers were given theirs today, and they don't even look good on. For the first time ever, I think I'm liking my maroon scarf.

strawberry88328

HSC
hi

I have been working for woolworths limited (big w) for a month now but they haven't called me for work for since the thurs b4 last thursday (13 days now). I check the roster but my name isn;t on the roster n they said that they will call me when they need me. Do ppl start off with little hrs when they are in their probation period or do u think they fired me already? should i go in the store and ask for more hrs?? i have been making a few mistakes but ppl who have been working there for a long time make lotsa mistakes too

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
babikakez said:
There's a supervisor at my store whose number is 141. Others are 78 and 54.
Are numbers indicative of some kind of rank? I always thought they were random...

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Sarah168 said:
Are numbers indicative of some kind of rank? I always thought they were random...
at our store

1-20 are department managers/duty managers
50-69 are supervisor numbers
70-90 are checkout staff
500+ are spare department manager/duty manager numbers
700 is the technician number

so not so much a rank....but there are certain number brackets that determine ur priveledges

HSC
Sarah168 said:
Today I learned that another supervisors number is 126

I always thought they were random too, but when a regular supervisor became 2IC his number changed from 52 to 17. And before that, all but one of the casual/pt supervisors were in the 50s, but I didn't think anything of that because the three of them all started around the same time. Maybe one_wit is right, and my store is disorganised.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
I know of operators before me who have 70something...I got assigned 20. What's going on :O

Pilotdude

HSC
On the old ISS system only certain numbers could be used because they were pre set with privleges. However on the WOWPOS sytem any number can be used for anything, you just go into "Office" and change the privleges for instace im nuber 87 and im 2 IC of service but i can change my own privleges to Store Manager etc.

Once you go to WOWPOS you can use any number for anything, much better IMO :D

The uniforms are gross, and i cannot see male managers wearing them or male staff at all:eek: . Its not the green i thought it would be and the flap over the buttons adds to the shamefullness of wearing these shirts in public. I'll miss the good old biz look with the tie etc.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Pilotdude said:
On the old ISS system only certain numbers could be used because they were pre set with privleges. However on the WOWPOS sytem any number can be used for anything, you just go into "Office" and change the privleges for instace im nuber 87 and im 2 IC of service but i can change my own privleges to Store Manager etc.

The uniforms are gross, and i cannot see male managers wearing them or male staff at all:eek: . Its not the green i thought it would be and the flap over the buttons adds to the shamefullness of wearing these shirts in public. I'll miss the good old biz look with the tie etc.
ah, right, i didnt know that about WoWPoS that explains the differences

and YES, omg, the colour is ABSOLUTLEY FOUL for men

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Pilotdude said:

and lol at being able to change your own privelleges

Pilotdude

HSC
Its good, can do all sorts of things as Store Manager etc lol :rofl:

Also re the uniforms the sizes are about 2 sizes below what they should be :eek:
And i know Canarvon got sent the totally wrong sizes and Inaloo (in Perth) ALL males got sent long sleeve instead of short sleeve. Our SSM is back this week so we finally get to try the stupid things on, Cant wait to see all the managers and area managers in this uniform it is so not going to suit any Male especially male managers. Also a big booboo on woolies behalf, Deli are not allowed to wear any form of long sleever or 3/4 sleeve tops because of health risks etc so thats going to be interesting cant wait till the 29th of January :mad1:

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
We haven't even ordered them. Or at least been asked for sizes...

I hope we still get to wear the black vest on top...it might reduce some of the foulness. And thank Lord there are short sleeve versions too -.-

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
where the fuck do we put our name badges, cause mine is a crocodile clip

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

My woolworths must have been so desperate for workers.

I applied on a public holiday (Queens Birthday or something) and got a call asking for an interview within 2 hours. Easy As.

However working there sucks balls. Really feel like a small fish in a very big pond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)