The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
KaaN10 said:
Hi I'm a 15 yo casual produce and would like to quit. What do I need to do to quit? Go talk to the manager?
2 weeks notice (for good reference and bein fair tothe manager), Letter of resignation or talk to the manager + letter of resignation.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I finally bit the bullet and resigned from 2IC produce last week. It felt soo good :)

Well not so good, because I"m transfering to a much, much larger store. For example when we get in 4 pallets of stock with 2 people, they get around 16 (so I've heard) with about 8 people on. My question is, is working in a larger store better or worst than a smaller one? I imagine smaller store are more laid back, but is a bigger store easier because you have so many people working it?

nice5uy

HSC
hey jus wonderin does any1 know the woolworths radio station crap i want to break it wit my 2 enormous gigantic fist

nice5uy

HSC
sorry my bad da location of dat annoying radio in woolworths cuz in my woolworths dey keep repeating da same songs all da time

grobsh

HSC
nice5uy said:
sorry my bad da location of dat annoying radio in woolworths cuz in my woolworths dey keep repeating da same songs all da time
it'll be in a locked box either in the office, or where ever your generators are.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
i'm going to falls for four days tomorrow but for some reason forgot to write it in the diary so my CSM had to try really hard to replace me for tomoz and wednesday and was like 'you're such a pain in the arse'. So i bought her flowers. Ha.

you might get into trouble if you smash the radio, just a hint. surely the songs only repeat like twice a day anyway?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yoddle said:
i'm going to falls for four days tomorrow but for some reason forgot to write it in the diary so my CSM had to try really hard to replace me for tomoz and wednesday and was like 'you're such a pain in the arse'. So i bought her flowers. Ha.

you might get into trouble if you smash the radio, just a hint. surely the songs only repeat like twice a day anyway?
twice a day? i wish, some can be repeated several times in a shift

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
townie said:
twice a day? i wish, some can be repeated several times in a shift
this.
Argh. Hate it. (Though someone managed to break the speaker in the roof of our dept so we barely hear it anyway...)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
ytrbut said:
It depends on what sort of work you plan on doing, which depends on the sort of manager you have; it will either be good, because you will transfer from being more hands on with filling etc. to being less hands-on with managing the 7 employees and doing system stuff (whereas ata smaller store only the DM would do this), or it'll be bad in that as 2IC you will be responsible only for the filling and be treated like the other employees while still expected to do system stuff, in which case you'll be screwed as there won't be enough hours in a day.

I've had both - working in a 60k/week deli department and a 16k/week deli department at two different stores, the first is far less stressful yet far more challenging. I certainly like a challenge - serves as good motivation - and being a true 2IC rather than a psuedo-2IC-department-assistant is just a pain, because you're trying to do both and getting caned for doing both not as well as if you were only doing one or the other.
Thanks for the info. I have heard that larger stores all the DM does is paperwork/admin stuff for their department and the 2IC is filling while leading the team. I also love a challenge :)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
My god I hate the way you type. Yes they do repeat the same songs, but its even sadder when you notice they play the same songs at the same time of the day, like I'll only hear a certain song around 7.30 at night or 10.00 at night no other time.

Its not THAT annoying, jesus.
At our Woolies around every 12 minutes they play the damn 'It's a lovely day' song. Everyone hates it, I know it is Woolies music but still turn it off!!!

HSC
nice5uy said:
My god I hate the way you type. Yes they do repeat the same songs, but its even sadder when you notice they play the same songs at the same time of the day, like I'll only hear a certain song around 7.30 at night or 10.00 at night no other time.

Its not THAT annoying, jesus.

ytrbut

HSC
lordtopcat said:
I finally bit the bullet and resigned from 2IC produce last week. It felt soo good :)

Well not so good, because I"m transfering to a much, much larger store. For example when we get in 4 pallets of stock with 2 people, they get around 16 (so I've heard) with about 8 people on. My question is, is working in a larger store better or worst than a smaller one? I imagine smaller store are more laid back, but is a bigger store easier because you have so many people working it?

It depends on what sort of work you plan on doing, which depends on the sort of manager you have; it will either be good, because you will transfer from being more hands on with filling etc. to being less hands-on with managing the 7 employees and doing system stuff (whereas ata smaller store only the DM would do this), or it'll be bad in that as 2IC you will be responsible only for the filling and be treated like the other employees while still expected to do system stuff, in which case you'll be screwed as there won't be enough hours in a day.

Last edited:

Scissors

HSC
hey guys, is it store policy to give only 4 hour shifts to new employees for the first 10 weeks?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Scissors said:
hey guys, is it store policy to give only 4 hour shifts to new employees for the first 10 weeks?
Not that I know of. When I first started I was doing 7-8 hour shifts.

Scissors

HSC
lordtopcat said:
Not that I know of. When I first started I was doing 7-8 hour shifts.
lol. my friend's been there for around 4 weeks and he's only been getting 4 hour shifts.

Peartie

HSC
i had 3x3 hour and 1x9 hour (8 hours paid) shifts for my first year or there abouts then 2x3 and 1x9 for the other 5 or 6 months

HSC
Question, what did your stores do for christmas partys and did you have to pay??

Ours was at our local bowling club and we had to pay $10 each which was just for the food. I'm cut coz my friends work at another supermarket in town and they got to go to the races and get a $20 drink voucher or something plus entry and stuff...

peterperthh

HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
Question, what did your stores do for christmas partys and did you have to pay??

Ours was at our local bowling club and we had to pay $10 each which was just for the food. I'm cut coz my friends work at another supermarket in town and they got to go to the races and get a $20 drink voucher or something plus entry and stuff...
We got to go to an outdoor go-karting track and have 3 races which would have been pretty expensive. Also had the opportunity to go and have dinner for free with a few drinks provided (most of the older workers went to this one). Then standard snacks/meals etc in the staff room one day.

We make pretty decent money for our social club by selling drinks and food in the staffroom. If you didnt get much probably means your store needs to put some more effort in raising up some money during the year! I think sometimes companies donate money to stores social clubs, not to sure on that though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)