The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just small question.

I've tried reading some of the stuff about piercings and it doesn't explain much at all.

I'm planning to stretch my lobes and was wondering if there would be anything against me wearing a plug during work or would i need to take out everything.

I'm in grocery etc. Any help in regards to piercings is appreciated.
i think one pair of plain earings, or sleepers are allowed as long as you dont work in fresh food.

ElliottSmith

HSC
Just a quick question...

I'm currently casual doing a few hrs a week, and I want to transfer to a store closer to home. The guys there know me and it's all ready on their end, I just want to know the procedure at my current store.

Transfer form won't get done for months, because of my value to them, so what should I do. I want to stop all work at my current store immediately.

Or should i just resign so to speak and rock up at the store and get it done that way?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just a quick question...

I'm currently casual doing a few hrs a week, and I want to transfer to a store closer to home. The guys there know me and it's all ready on their end, I just want to know the procedure at my current store.

Transfer form won't get done for months, because of my value to them, so what should I do. I want to stop all work at my current store immediately.

Or should i just resign so to speak and rock up at the store and get it done that way?
in the four and a bit years i've worked at Woolworths, I've only known ONE person get a transfer approved, and that was only because they began working at our store, simultaneously, with the other, then cut back at the other store so it eventually got approved.

I think that type of situation could work for you, it is perfectly allowable to work at two stores.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Woolworths are weird like that. They only want you to work a few hours a week, but when you want to transfer, you become indispensable.

I've never heard of the arrangement Townie proposed but it sounds feasible. I had to resign to 'transfer' to my new store when I moved house a couple of years ago.

ElliottSmith

HSC
in the four and a bit years i've worked at Woolworths, I've only known ONE person get a transfer approved, and that was only because they began working at our store, simultaneously, with the other, then cut back at the other store so it eventually got approved.

I think that type of situation could work for you, it is perfectly allowable to work at two stores.
In my 12 years at Franklins/Safeway/Woolworths, I tried for a transfer twice and both are still pending :haha:

I think ill probably end up working at the new store and tell my boss i'm unavailable for a period of time. Should be able to keep both and ditch them when I finally get a full time job in my area of so called expertise :)

Woolworths are weird like that. They only want you to work a few hours a week, but when you want to transfer, you become indispensable.

I've never heard of the arrangement Townie proposed but it sounds feasible. I had to resign to 'transfer' to my new store when I moved house a couple of years ago.
I resigned after 9 years as my LSL and other benefits were being threatened by a scumbag manager. I went to my current store about 2 months later and have been a casual ever since. Now i'm going back to that original store minus the scumbag :)

I only want 5-10 Monday and Tuesday nights whilst im job interviewing, but my reputation makes me indispensable to this store and I'm going to cop a lot for it. I can't carry this store forever :(

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
i think one pair of plain earings, or sleepers are allowed as long as you dont work in fresh food.
In fresh food depts one pair of sleepers are allowed to be worn. No studs or other earrings/piercings.

Suic1de: they guy I know who was made to take out stretchers was on front end. I also know a guy in groceries who was made to take out an eyebrow piercing. That said, there's at least a few who have piercings anyway.

bayside9

HSC
Hey I worked at woolies about 2 years ago at checkout and i applied for nightfill start of this week. Anyone know how long it will take to get a reply? The store I'm planning to go to is desperate for people, does this make a difference or is it just HR i need to go through

rose2

HSC
Can anyone please tell me what is the average scanning rate of a operator??

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Operators should aim to be at least above 12, the average for our store hovers around the 14-16 mark, but a lot depends on whether you have SCO's (decreased scan rate) and liquor (increases - i've had scan rates of 38 working in liquor sometimes)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Operators should aim to be at least above 12, the average for our store hovers around the 14-16 mark, but a lot depends on whether you have SCO's (decreased scan rate) and liquor (increases - i've had scan rates of 38 working in liquor sometimes)
sorry but what are SCO's ?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
for some reason it's the official acronym for Self Serve Checkouts
aah ok. i was wondering why my scanning rate has suddenly become so low... do you know why SCO's lower your scanning rate?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
aah ok. i was wondering why my scanning rate has suddenly become so low... do you know why SCO's lower your scanning rate?
ah, i should clarify, they dont directly affect your scanning rate (as far as i know), but do affect the overall average becuase well...customers cant scan as fast as us

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
after applying online will woolworths ring you or email you in most cases? If so how many days after the initial application will they contact you?

dux&src

HSC
the job posting date was 23/03 and the closing date seems to be 2 weeks later. Would they begin contacting candidates before the closing date for applications?

dux&src

HSC
what about if they called you while you were at school ?
would they call again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)