The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Staff think that people work in the cash office are fucking magic! Soo many people where asking me for ridiculous things today! I was so close to jumping through that window at someone.

They knocked really hard on the window and I was like "What"?!
"Can I have 700 RTC stickers"?
(I'm thinking WTF do you need 700 for?!)
"Come back later there are no printers left"
"ohh....just give me the old ones and I'll write them on"
(I was getting really pissed off at this point) "WE DONT HAVE ANY, COME BACK LATER"!
Then she slams a pen under the window and storms off, like WTF!!!!?
Harry to be honest, 700 RTC stickers isn't that unreasonable.
I'd go through 1000 some days, truly, so asking for 700 in one go surely would be less hassle than having them come back after the first roll runs out.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Hang on, what is the purpose of that? Maybe I'm missing something, but surely these jobs can't be condensed... there's no way 1 person can do all those things in a day.
I'm assuming that there would be more than one of the store associates/store services operators, so in a sense all the functions would be split across the people in those roles.
I might be waaaaaay off the mark, though.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hang on, what is the purpose of that? Maybe I'm missing something, but surely these jobs can't be condensed... there's no way 1 person can do all those things in a day.
of course not. from what I can gather so far, there will be two Store Services Operators (who would be your current Head Cashier and Head Systems Operators) and your weekend staff/night staff would be SSA's, but whereas now the night/weekend staff are usually seperate, i'm guessing they will be merged into 1 person (with a longer shift).

e.g. In my store, i pretty much already am an SSA cause when i do weekend office, i also do price changes and other maintenance etc.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
The one person with a longer shift idea for weekends/nights would only be workable in smaller stores, though Townie.
In ours it's hard enough at nights/weekends with (normally) either SSM, office cashier and duty manager, or two duty managers and the office cashier.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
would you put it past woolworths to do something that probably wont really work just to save some money? :p

Tahnford

HSC
I found the SSA/SSO job descriptions on Storenet and I still don't really understand the change. It sounds like what I already do...

People Planner has already been updated for this as it reminded me of a memo sent through CoreComms the other week. I'd like to think that employees would be made aware of it soon in more detail, as opposed to through the BoS forum. 'Project Phoenix' 'SSA/SSO' drew blank looks from other staff.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
like i said, big meeting on Thursday, and it will follow through from there, i only found out in advance by mistake when searching for something else on StoreNet

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
would you put it past woolworths to do something that probably wont really work just to save some money? :p
Hah, point taken.
But still, there's saving money and then there's unrealistic.... and then impossible

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
true, i dunno...i suspect it is mainly a name change, and for future staff, like, in the future in dont think you would just be trained for cash office anymore.

Harry778

HSC
Do management under staff so they get a bonus at the end of the year?
Something to do with saving hours and stuff?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I asked my old CSM this question and she said yes.
She showed me how sydney allocated her so many thousands of dollars that week for wages (like 6 000 or something), and the the store manager had chopped it off by about a grand.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Do management under staff so they get a bonus at the end of the year?
Something to do with saving hours and stuff?
yeah. The greater their margin of profit, the greater their bonus afaik. if i'm wrong, feel free to correct me

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Bonus is based on a lot of things

-wage budget
-sales budget
-staff turnover
-autostockR audit by Regional office
-IPDIP result

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
omg woolworths charges $15 for some cloves of garlic its like they are good business getting rid of vampires what the fuck.
Crap. Where do you live? I know out of season at my store garlic used to be about $20.99/kg. Although then that was subsidized by Chinese garlic which was $2 for a bag of 6 cloves.

Roga

HSC
Crap. Where do you live? I know out of season at my store garlic used to be about $20.99/kg. Although then that was subsidized by Chinese garlic which was $2 for a bag of 6 cloves.
On the topic of expensive things, I've seen Paprika things where they sell in the herbs section selling for about $13 for a small bunch. Had a look at the unit pricing and it says $13,000 per 100g.

Harry778

HSC
Another question lol.

Do all stores have the same night supervisor?
Ours does 17.30-24.30 monday, tuesday, wednesday and friday.
She doesnt work thursdays, its either the 3IC or 4IC that does it.

Just wondering if all stores do the same as we do?

Sayf Udeen

HSC
I got knocked back for being 'too old' and 'too qualified'. :S
Awwwwwww ye.

But seriously, I'd rather work there through my degree than where I am.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)