The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
to be fair donedonedone it must look pretty fucking dodgy from their end to have you quit then call in sick, i'd find it hard to believe myself.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Somehow the hold up alarm was accidently set off this afternoon, at about four thirty. We got a call from central surveillance or someplace asking us if everything was OK, then we had to ring the cops to tell them it was a false alarm. They told us they had to come anyway in case someone was holding a gun to the SSM's head and telling him to ring them. They got there in six minutes (looking breathless); two cops cars, they both mounted the curb, it was funny.

The 2IC was like "soz!", and they looked a bit disappointed.

Apparently it costs woolies heaps for the dispatch.

I just went up to video ezy to get trainspotting and they didn't have it. at all! how hopeless.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I called up physically ill from no sleep in the past 72 hours due to stress from both study and personal reasons, then they abuse me for not having a real reason for calling up sick
That isn't a real reason for calling in sick. It's not their fault that your 'personal reasons' are causing you lack of sleep.

I doubt you'll get very far in the medical field if you can't stand stress!

Trentyboi

HSC
That isn't a real reason for calling in sick. It's not their fault that your 'personal reasons' are causing you lack of sleep.

I doubt you'll get very far in the medical field if you can't stand stress!
Yes it is. What do you think mental illness is? If you aren't mentally well, you're sick. Whether it's permanent or not.

bdude

HSC
Somehow the hold up alarm was accidently set off this afternoon
That happened to my friend once who accidentally bumped it. She was quite shocked to see, a few minutes later, a bunch of cops running tinto the store. Good to know the alarm works though.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Yes it is. What do you think mental illness is? If you aren't mentally well, you're sick. Whether it's permanent or not.
How is it the employers fault if someone can't manage their schedule to ensure they get adequate sleep? You might say sometimes it's out of someone's control but that's a very poor excuse.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Don't be foolish.

For all we know a family member could have a serious illness, the poor person has depression (a mental illness and nothing to do with scheduling) or be in any kind of unthinkable situation.

You have no right to decide whether they're allowed to call in sick or not, you don't even have the vaguest inkling of who they are.

Personal reasons means just that Personal.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
somebody changed my back office password, and i dont know who or why :(

HSC
somebody changed my back office password, and i dont know who or why :(
lol we change our CSM's office password when its expired all the time - she has a great time trying to work out what it is.

(only coz half the supervisors don't have their own account and can't use office at all otherwise)

donedonedone

HSC
Exactly Trent. Depression does tend to take everything out of you. i guess some uneducated people who have spent their whole lives working for woolworths have no idea about the human condition.

And to those questioning my study, it is no where near as stressful as the stress the no hopers at woolworths put their staff under.

:]

donedonedone

HSC
How is it the employers fault if someone can't manage their schedule to ensure they get adequate sleep? You might say sometimes it's out of someone's control but that's a very poor excuse.
Have you had severe insomnia as a result of another illness? If you don't know what it is, google it.

It has NOTHING to do with time management. Sure, I could have gone into work, with my body about to collapse, but my doctor said i would be a liability to both myself and the work place!

donedonedone

HSC
we are we are,
we are, we are the devils' people,
woolworths the devils' people...

has a nice ring to it.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
All I was saying was that Woolworhts would most likely not take "I can't come in for personal reasons" as an excuse. Of course if you have an illness that is beyond your control but it needs to be explained to your manager with a doctors certificate to back it up.

If people knew that just saying you can't come in for personal reasons would get them off of work everyone would be doing it.

HSC
All I was saying was that Woolworhts would most likely not take "I can't come in for personal reasons" as an excuse. Of course if you have an illness that is beyond your control but it needs to be explained to your manager with a doctors certificate to back it up.

If people knew that just saying you can't come in for personal reasons would get them off of work everyone would be doing it.
Casuals don't need doctors certificates. Puts an end to your argument.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)