• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
And the supervisor doing spot checks works at a small store, but it doesn't a a big store when there's 18+ registers that have to be packed up, and when there's only a couple of operators on, and all the jobs and trolleys and whatnot have to be done, on top of breaks and everything. Does anyone actually follow the two-people spot check rule? That went out of the window with us after like two weeks of getting the new WowPos because it was so impractical.
I know in my store we do try to spot check with two, but mostly it just doesn't happen.

bdude

HSC
We do spot balances around 3pm each day, just before the 'peak' rush of workers finishing but after the lunch rush.
If a spot balance is what I think it is, we do one after every operator's finished their shift at my Coles.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
If any supervisor/manager/cash office person is caught doing spotchecks/pick ups/change orders/bagging etc without another store employee present, they would be given a formal warning.

Also if any till is out by $20 +, a formal investiagtion is launched, which includes going over all transactions on that till that day, questioning all operators on that till and going through CCTV footage. Usually our supers/managers will double and triple count tills that are even $5 out.

Last edited:
HSC
Found out today that the store I want to get transferred to wants me! Full time smoke shop/supervision position!!!

But the thing I'm really pissed off about is they're an old store! Which means no self serve and the smoke shop is attached to the express lanes! Mega gay.
I asked them if they are getting a the new layout and they said it was meant to be the start of July but they have put it back AGAIN to the end of July so checkouts wont be done till September. She was more pissed off then I was lol. She kept saying they keep putting it back. Does anyone know why this is? Cant they just pick a date and stick to it?

Anyway contracted to 38 hours per week wooohoo!
Does it really matter what kind of layout they have? So you might have to serve on express sometimes. Boo hoo.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
it's woolworths, you're still going to be doing the same things day in day out, no matter what the store's like. It's the people who make it nice!

Anyway, September sounds like a broken fingernail compared to our two year+ delay

Craven

HSC
LOL - a customer asks a junior serving next to me if we take fly buys, she asks me, "no fly buys is Coles", she responds "but isn't everyday rewards having fly buys now?", me = wtf look. Ah! Anyone else signed up for QFF? :p

Meanwhile the duty manager was running around because a construction worker (our shopping centre is getting renovated/expanded) informed me at 8pm that the power was being cut at 9.30pm for 4 hours and they somehow neglected to inform us earlier!

pokerchoker

HSC
Anyone else signed up for QFF? :p
Yeah I already get QFF points for spending $$$ on credit card so I should be earning double at Woolies now, have linked my QFF account to everydayrewards hopefully it all works smoothly.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Anyone else signed up for QFF? :p
Yep, signed up myself and also set it up for my parents as well.. Its very good you dont have to pay the $82.50 joining fee. Looking forward to getting all those points - but not looking forward to the public launch, im imagining the stupid questions already lol.

Got a really complex setup so my parents can share fuel vouchers but all the QFF points go onto an account in my dads name linked from a EDR card in my mum's name.. lol took me aaages to work out how i was gonna do it all...

Saw an ad in the local paper for the opening of a new Woolworths on St Georges Terrace here in Perth. I heard a rumour that it only has SCOs and express - no big registers as its in the middle of the city - have any other WA guys heard this??

HSC
Saw an ad in the local paper for the opening of a new Woolworths on St Georges Terrace here in Perth. I heard a rumour that it only has SCOs and express - no big registers as its in the middle of the city - have any other WA guys heard this??
Haven't heard about it but it would be a fricken good idea to take some of the heat off the Murray Street store - I was in there today and you could NOT move.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yay, Phoenix launches in my Store July 27, and goes live 6 weeks after that

Harry778

HSC
Start at my new store tomorrow :( soo nervous.

CSM in nice though, not as cool at Rori (my old CSM) I will miss him hahaha.
There smoke shop is sooo crap. I will fix it up. CSM was like we need you, your the only one that knows how to do actual smoke shop stuff.

Gee, thats re-assuring :O

i query

HSC
hey, i was just wondering if anyone knew what the criteria was for being counseled. is it just doing something wrong in general? or is it when you do something wrong that is policy, not just a rule they make up in the store and isn't actually official or written done properly (just a verbal thing)?

if anyone knows please let me know

thanks

donedonedone

HSC
finally quit woolworths, 2 weeks left!
Never been so relieved. Going to miss some of the people, other than that, glad to get out of the hell hole :]

how long have you been working for woolworths? What department are you all in?

Last edited:

donedonedone

HSC
Woolworths are nothing but bullies. I called up physically ill from no sleep in the past 72 hours due to stress from both study and personal reasons, then they abuse me for not having a real reason for calling up sick. I'm not going to show up for my last shift, not even going to call them. Why should i treat them with any respect, when i don't get any from them?

Well, when i make more in a year, than they ever will in their lifetimes, ill find these previous "bosses" and write them a letter, expressing if it wasn't for their lack of respect for anyone other than their ugly green vest i wouldn't have gotten into my profession of wanting to do a REAL job that helps people - i.e why i study Medicine.

It is actual a form of abuse, do they feel special picking on kids old enough to be their children or grandchildren.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)