The Woolworths Thread (9 Viewers)

HSC
Pilotdude said:
bloody hell thats worst than our thursday nights lol. Do u guys put calls over etc?

Our stores open till 9 every single day so its good and bad, hate when i have to do closes though!

Do you guys clean registers or your cleaners do em for you?
We put a call over at 8.55 (on thursday nights), as deli and seafood close up then. We then call the store closed at 9pm, and if need be another call goes over at about ten past. At least two people do store walks, with another manager if need be.
We clean the conveyer belts and the tops of the checkouts. Everything gets cleaned by the cleaners, unless we have time. The last few weeks we've been at least able to start the cleaning, but whether we have to finish it depends on the supervisor closing.

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
I was meant to study all weekend.. and instead I worked quite a lot. Public holiday pay ftw. =D
Don't worry. I worked all thru the Foundation Day weekend. Earnt a lot of money, but my English Literature exam was on the tuesday. probably wasn't the best idea, but I did well nonetheless (79%). Oh well, double time and a half was worth it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
eek, hope i dont get fired, i accidentally adjusted the SOH count to MINUS 907

xoxo

HSC
Dan7 said:
Just out of interest does anyone know how department/store manager positions pay? I mean, would it be a worthwhile career as far as making a living goes?
umm well, one of my night managers is 20/21 and takes home approx. 800 a week. this is, however, an extremely small store so may not be indicative of the more bigger stores. any kind of managerial position, especially the higher up you get, will pay good money. our OHS chick was taking home about 50 000+ a year and she did pretty much nothing

Last edited:

Dan7

HSC
:confused:
townie said:
our store manager is on $55k i think + company car
Is that just a guess or is it accurate? In any case, that's more than I get so I consider that to be pretty good.

Dan7

HSC
Oh yeah, and since we're in the Woolworths thread, I got offered a nightfill job. I have to go to an induction first but I don't know if I should do the job or not because it could be exhausting.

HSC
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, so I'd thought I'd let you know. Since my store has a really, really crap scanning rate, (ie the average is 14), they've decided that the person who improves the most over the next 2 months will win a $250 wish card. So, the people who are on, say 8, can improve by about 100%. While those on 19, like myself, have absolutely nowhere to go. Argggh. I so need a new printer, and don't Dick Smith and Tandy accept wish cards.
Anyway, I guess I was wondering if anyone knows what their scanning rates are, both individually and for their store, just so I can compare.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
u can still improve ur scanning rate, just make sure u secure ur register whenever u arent using it, and put it in tender mode as soon as u've finisshed scanning

ps.s out store is um 14.something, but we've only just got wowpos, so we get more leeway

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Ekim said:
SOH = Stock on Hand

I assume you know what you adjusted? Why not just adjust it back again? Anyway it should appear on the Negative for the relevant department (which should be done daily), so it shouldnt be too bad...

I think Store Managers Position depends on the size of the store, a STM once told me that some store managers get in excess of 100k for some large stores..
oh yeah, i adjusted it back, and under the right codes and stuff

it's just i know that kind of stuff appears on the area managers report

(adjusted down with 89 damaged stock, adjusted up with 14 reverse damaged stock)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
and on the $55k i think i'm pretty close, cause thats what Area HR told us during a presentation was about the average

fffffred

HSC
how do you go about applying for a job at woolworths in the physical sense, ive applied a few times over the internet and recieved nothing.... who, when and where abouts at woolworths should you see to apply for a job.... resume required?

Dan7

HSC
Well I went to the induction today so I guess I'm a Woolworths employee now! The induction was very informative and detailed. However, I have never worked in a supermarket in my life so I don't know what to expect. I hope I made the right decision in joining the Fresh Food People. Oh, and what do we all think of these shirts? They are unique I guess.

HSC
how do you go about applying for a job at woolworths in the physical sense, ive applied a few times over the internet and recieved nothing.... who, when and where abouts at woolworths should you see to apply for a job.... resume required?
did you go to the woolworths careers page or did you just fill your profile?

keep applying for different positions via the internet. something is bound to come up soon. i took a few tries, got a nightfill job eventually.

Dan7

HSC
fffffred said:
So they never even sent you an unsuccessful email or something? Maybe you should email them and ask them if they have received your applications. What positions have you been applying for?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
if stores get desperate they will advertise instore, and take people off the streets

but forget anywhere in Area 85 atm cause we have to absorb all the people once Top Ryde Closes

HSC
townie said:
u can still improve ur scanning rate, just make sure u secure ur register whenever u arent using it, and put it in tender mode as soon as u've finisshed scanning
We were told that securing our registers decreases our scanning rate, besides, it was never something we did at my store.
I got my scanning rate up to 19.7 today, was so excited.

fffffred

HSC
watatank said:

yeah thats what ive done three times now, applied for a specific job that was listed, never recieved any replies after the confirmation email... thats why i was wondering is there a good method or how to go about physically applying as it seems hopless applying over the internet so far.

HSC
fffffred said:
watatank said:

yeah thats what ive done three times now, applied for a specific job that was listed, never recieved any replies after the confirmation email... thats why i was wondering is there a good method or how to go about physically applying as it seems hopless applying over the internet so far.
No, while applying online seems like a hopeless task, it is seriously your only chance of getting a job at Woolworths. Resumes get accepted politely, but filed away and never looked at again. Keep applying for specific positions online, it took me over a year before I got an email back, and I got that specific position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)