Gavvvvvin

Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

What do we do if we need a day off?

tempco

HSC

Gavvvvvin said:
What do we do if we need a day off?
Talk to your manager. 3 weeks notice is the norm.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Nightfill, u work from 12am - 6am don't u? lol. if im not mistaken, u get paid extra rates. not sure though.

I work in the Deli. haha, i usually work on saturdays 6am-3pm or 11am-8pm.

Btw, what's the word on woolies cutting bak hours on staff? they seemed to have been giving me more hours. =s

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hours usually get cut back leading up to June 30th for a good final year result, esp last year with the leaving of roger corbett

pete_mate

HSC
wtf is wrong with you people, woolies shares have dropped for like 8 days in a row, its costing me money.

work harder you lazy cnuts!!!

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
Actually, I think it has to do with Woolworth Limited starting due diligence in acquiring Officeworks and Target from Coles Group...

Pilotdude

HSC
If we do own target itd be great somewhere else in this town that i can use my discount.
hahaha

Also by the sounds of things we will be loosing James Strong as chairman of the company, after the Qantas takeover fiasco he might be going back there to replace that stupid cow Margret Jackson.......

4 weeks till our refit is complete :D we have the GM of supermarkets and everything coming for our grand opening!

brolgaballet

~Sarah ~
HSC
Im in Woolies....have been for nearly three years

our store (revesby) is renovating and building in a liquor land which is good i suppose....except there is a problem in the community because it is alike a cultural center thing like with a gloria jeans, subway, surf shop, baskin in robbins , bakers delight etc

there are already like 2 liquor shops on the same street anyway

tempco

HSC

Depends how often your manager sets up the roster.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
we got our SMART (audit) yesterday, scary, 5 bigwigs with laptops and checklists and such

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
brolgaballet said:
Im in Woolies....have been for nearly three years

our store (revesby) is renovating and building in a liquor land which is good i suppose....except there is a problem in the community because it is alike a cultural center thing like with a gloria jeans, subway, surf shop, baskin in robbins , bakers delight etc

there are already like 2 liquor shops on the same street anyway
gordon is much the same

but it wont stop the customers shopping at the new store because when they do their grocery shopping they cant be bothered to go to the other liquor store.

buttercupjuice

HSC

just wondering , how do you get a TFN and how long is the process .? also if you get a phone call after submitting in your application , is there anything you can prepare or you know , rehearse in advance ;) and anything you need to ask and double check ?

HSC

To get a TFN get in touch with the nearest ATO (Australian Taxation Office) or if you don't know where that is ask your careers advisor. or your parents, they should know

As for the phone call...I just got a job at woolies and I never had to do a phone interview, i went straight to the group one. but if there is, just prepare for it like you would for any other interview,can't go wrong there.

Last edited:

fat_penguin

HSC
townie said:
hours usually get cut back leading up to June 30th for a good final year result, esp last year with the leaving of roger corbett
haha i've had no shifts for two weeks which did seem really bizarre.. i haven't decided whether to be happy or not :p (didn't realise how dependent i'd become on having money ><)

hope that's the reason and not that they've suddenly decided i sucked or something ! -_-

xoxo

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
townie- Can't you just apply for cash office, or let them know that you want a position and see what happens? Also I'm curious.. what counts as a small store?
well my store has 5 aisles...two are half ones (not even) so pretty much we have three aisles oh and a fruit and vegetable thing which is abt 1 square metre

but its good coz u know everyone

Last edited:

droodles

HSC

I just got an email saying that I've been selected for group interview, it's strange that the interview is being done at the Safeway Regional Office instead of the place that I chose to apply at.

Does anyone know how much the pay is for 16 year old on 3-month probation process?

Scanorama

HSC

droodles said:
I just got an email saying that I've been selected for group interview, it's strange that the interview is being done at the Safeway Regional Office instead of the place that I chose to apply at.

Does anyone know how much the pay is for 16 year old on 3-month probation process?
No thats normal. I did my group interview at the area office.

droodles

HSC

Scanorama said:
No thats normal. I did my group interview at the area office.
So do I have actually have to bring a photocopy of the stuff they listed or can I bring the originals only?

HSC
N/A

droodles said:

About $7.80, but I think that was before a small increase. 20% extra if you're casual.

Talk to your Careers Advisor about a TXN if you're still in school! The process is so much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)