• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Craven

HSC
oh man, I got that great job once. Boy that was fun.... lol, better than being on registers I guess.. :p Our archive room is up above the systems office (all our offices are on the ground floor so it's sort of an attic up there) and I remember just throwing boxes and shit down the steps and people would be in the systems office and hear me throwing all this crap down the stairs and give me "wtf?" looks lol.

Craven

HSC
I just saw the Deborah EDR ad... LMAO! It's like she's talking to infants, I love it.. seriously, some people just can not understand!

Black Heart

HSC
You aren't supposed to leave through self-serve because it's pretty much if there is 5 customers in there the attendant doesn't have time or the eyes to check people's bags, so we just make it a rule that no one is to enter or exit that area unless they are using the self-serve machines. There should ALWAYS be at least one full service lane and one express lane open during all trading hours so they can check bags.
Thanks for the clear up. This was at your store too, lol.

Oh and to the other people that answered my question, sorry, I should've made myself more clear. I was in normal clothes, but at a Woolworths I don't work at. So they wouldn't even know I worked for Woolworths.

EDIT: Just got informed that my CSM and 2IC(? - whatever is below the CSM) are both moving towns! Score.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
I just saw the Deborah EDR ad... LMAO! It's like she's talking to infants, I love it.. seriously, some people just can not understand!
Haha yeah I reckon. Ive seen ads on all these sites ( yahoo news I think) advertising the same thing. I think they be having a bit of trouble with moronic customers :p. Oh in other news just saw that u can get QFF at dick smith now SCORE! cause I am about to buy a new laptop from there :D

ytrbut

HSC
oh man, I got that great job once. Boy that was fun.... lol, better than being on registers I guess.. :p Our archive room is up above the systems office (all our offices are on the ground floor so it's sort of an attic up there) and I remember just throwing boxes and shit down the steps and people would be in the systems office and hear me throwing all this crap down the stairs and give me "wtf?" looks lol.
Our "archive room" is a pallet stashed away in the corner of the stockroom loft :)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
RE: Self Serve

Our store got the upgrade 2 weeks ago. It is so much easier not having to log in,from the ss attendants end anyway,all the money that is put in.

I had to assist with self-serve cash up last night. They Close the doors at 6.20,I`m meant to finish at 6.30 and then they go, "Oh,By the Way, 85 & 83 Need to be Spot Checked". AGHH!!!

Also,RE:Leaving store,there is a sign upstairs that says that all staff must leave via express during trading hours,but no one enforces this. I usually leave via self-serve,The open checkout(if not busy) near service desk or a closed checkout. Everyone Does!

bensneddon

HSC
None that are documented.
Should have said.... none that are documented, however changes to customer GUI are more likely in the next major store release (ie. Store Release 10.0)

Haven't heard how far away this is, will try and get some info.

Otacon2009

HSC
What happened to Workstation 10? Did it become redundant when WoWPoS was installed on the Self Serves?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
So are people there really strict about checking staff member's bags when they leave?

In induction we are told before and after every shift we are to show the contents of our bags to the Checkout supervisor or Duty manager, but no one ever does. Not even the Office Cashier who takes her handbag INTO the cash office with here o_O

Otacon2009

HSC
Most of our staff do the right thing and show bags and check seals upon leaving. We are not supposed to have wallets and phones on us and be placed in a locker, though if you don't make it obvious, no one bats an eyelid. Though a 2IC in training (Our store is used as training for all staff including managers) said that she would have logged me if I was at her store. She said that it was very quick of me to go from my register to getting my lunch and paying for it and that I had to have my wallet to be that quick. While I do have a locker, I only do it if the managers are in a nitpicky mood. The way our store is designed, we don't have a slipway into the lockers from the deli. Instead it's at the rear of the store (our store is lengthway with checkouts parallel to the length) and up a flight of stairs (Also where our area office is). I do put it in the locker however I always have this tendancy to rock up on the dot.

pokerchoker

HSC
Wow. At my store pretty much everyone leaves thru Liquor (which pissed me off), as it seems to be the natural exit when walking from the staff room/finger scanner. Most staff member bags don't get checked, half the time I'm down the back or in the coolroom or something and when I hear the 'bzzzzzt' I only just have time to stick my head up and see it's a staff member and not a 'customer' making a run for it thru liquor from the supermarket.

My store has also pretty much done away with check-seals. You now only get one if it's something you're going to keep bringing back, like a water bottle you refill or something. If it's a bag of chips or a coke, no check-seal just keep your receipt.

I have my wallet on me 24/7, noone has ever told me otherwise.

bensneddon

HSC
What happened to Workstation 10? Did it become redundant when WoWPoS was installed on the Self Serves?
Yes workstation 10 isn't required for WoWPOS SCO. It was only required for NCR SCO. The picklist editor has been replaced with the normal Item Groups in Systems Operator menu of StoreLine.

I'm pretty sure the weight database, pictures etc were stored on workstation 10 with NCR SCO (hence why there was supposed to be a label saying "do not shutdown this machine during trade"), but with WoWPOS SCO everything is stored on the store server.

Harry778

HSC
oh my shit! It's almost Friday! Last day of work for three weeks. Just as well, was really starting to get over that place. Bali is all I can think of.

Ily everyone.

SS-champion

HSC
does anyone know how/ why staff at Aldi get paid more than us at Woolworths? It's approximately $3.20 extra per hour for a service cashier!!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
does anyone know how/ why staff at Aldi get paid more than us at Woolworths? It's approximately $3.20 extra per hour for a service cashier!!
Because they get no penalty rates.
I think it's the same at Hoyts. Apparently a 15 year old gets 12/13 p/h because the award they are on has no penalty rates in it.

LIQR7

HSC
N/A
If you are in plain clothes + a normal MJM supermarkets badge, you can :)

Regional/Area staff can access most applications from home via Citrix. Not sure if they can get HOST, but they can definitley access WoWNet (which encompasses StoreNet), Outlook (for corporate email), and i'm pretty sure they can get CoreComms

Via "citrix" ? hu ? obviously a stab in the dark.

We either take home a work Laptop or are able to login to our own computer and do it that way(restricted though). Both methods are via secure RAS. this is not really needed as emails go straight to the blackberry and sync to outlook.

External laptop access is set exactly as we have it at work, outlook, CASS(you store people call it HOST), along with every other woolworths site.

THe workings behind HOST is massive compared to what is seen at store level, direct HOST use takes up most of the day along with at least 35-50+emails sent and around 25-30 received per day, meetings, phone calls from people we support etc. imagine servicing 1250+ stores!.

Corecomms are for stores to use, we don't even load the messages etc, we just email what we want written to someone and its their job to upload it. no time to sit and read all day

Corecomms can be accessed from any computer on the network. i.e. region staff can go to any PC and put in their own details. For us, we can go to any computer and login as us and it will create our customised desktop on that pc. i.e. i can go to a training room, login as me and it will transfer all my profile to that PC within a minute, also login phones in that room(did I mention that phone calls can be recorded by pressing one button?, this is helpful to the IT staff who get idiots calling). There are many many other systems/programs that support staff and regions use that we need ongoing access to support stores.

At the end of the day, when work is over, you just want to switch off, you need downtime otherwise its just too intense and you cant perform stuck to a laptop 24/7.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)