• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

SS-champion

HSC

Speaking of notes I found this $10 note in a drawer a couple of months ago. I had never seen anything like it before and we all decided that it was a fake. But according to wikipedia this was the original $10 note in 1988. Do you think we are still allowed to accept this?

I doubt self serve would accept it! lol

Black Heart

HSC
Hey guys, completely off topic from the money. But, I finally got a call yesterday about my transfer to Big W. (Apparently they've been trying to get in contact with me for weeks, but that's off topic) Umm there is an induction next Wednesday from 8:00am to 5:00pm, BUT, my friend told me I am rostered on to work (at my normal work on checkouts) from like 4:00pm to 8:00pm on that day. -.- If I tell a supervisor while working tomorrow that I have an induction on and I can't work, do you reckon they would cancel my shift?

I've been waiting 3 months to get some sort of reply from Big W for the transfer and I don't want to miss this induction. The Big W lady told me to tell my store to transfer me.

If you were my checkout supervisor what would you do if I told you about the induction stuff?

Ps. If they still wanted me to work anyway, I would accept to start at 6:00pm only. That's 2 hours after my original shift. Besides, this is like 2/3 days in advance that I'm telling them this.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Pss. Is anyone else getting a lot of 500 - Internal Server Errors from this site?

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

Speaking of notes I found this $10 note in a drawer a couple of months ago. I had never seen anything like it before and we all decided that it was a fake. But according to wikipedia this was the original $10 note in 1988. Do you think we are still allowed to accept this?

I doubt self serve would accept it! lol
In my eyes, it is not valid. I declined an old $20 note which some Chinese women tried to give me, like that $10 note above.
Only current currency should be used.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
ok, off topic from the money but... wooo got new shirt today :)
its quite spotty... i don't love it but i dont hate it either.. will see if my opinion changes... except i have an older badge (with clip not pin) so i can't put it where is supposed to go below the logo. ah well, might see if i can swap badge/get new one.

oh and thankgod for the new bakery lookup!! soooo much better!

twelvemonths

HSC
Technically the old 1c and 2c coins are still legal tender (well, I'm pretty sure they are), but I doubt anyone would take them...

twelvemonths

HSC
aww mine says warehouse... ordered 16 nov, so should take a while.

Where did you pick yours up? Staff room, manager's office...?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
aww mine says warehouse... ordered 16 nov, so should take a while.

Where did you pick yours up? Staff room, manager's office...?
shouldnt be too long i'd imagine. are you in the eastern states?
which one did you get?

my SSM just gave it to me.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Yours stores are quiet? Mine is completely different. This is two weeks in a row we have done record sales (exceeding Christmas last year, so what we make this Christmas will be scary). Everyone is happy.

We have officially run out of 18pk Coke. That's what you get with half price Coke and 39 in Sydney. So happy to not be there tomorrow, there will be angry customers and rainchecks everywhere.

HSC
So far, no one has noticed that my bakery assistant is moonlighting as a f/e supervisor :cool: I'm doing pretty well so far.

Hey guys, completely off topic from the money. But, I finally got a call yesterday about my transfer to Big W. (Apparently they've been trying to get in contact with me for weeks, but that's off topic) Umm there is an induction next Wednesday from 8:00am to 5:00pm, BUT, my friend told me I am rostered on to work (at my normal work on checkouts) from like 4:00pm to 8:00pm on that day. -.- If I tell a supervisor while working tomorrow that I have an induction on and I can't work, do you reckon they would cancel my shift?

I've been waiting 3 months to get some sort of reply from Big W for the transfer and I don't want to miss this induction. The Big W lady told me to tell my store to transfer me.

If you were my checkout supervisor what would you do if I told you about the induction stuff?

Ps. If they still wanted me to work anyway, I would accept to start at 6:00pm only. That's 2 hours after my original shift. Besides, this is like 2/3 days in advance that I'm telling them this.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Pss. Is anyone else getting a lot of 500 - Internal Server Errors from this site?
I would tell them, and if you were my staff member I would replace the shift with no issues. I doubt though that you'd be able to do a two hour shift.

ok, off topic from the money but... wooo got new shirt today :)
its quite spotty... i don't love it but i dont hate it either.. will see if my opinion changes... except i have an older badge (with clip not pin) so i can't put it where is supposed to go below the logo. ah well, might see if i can swap badge/get new one.

oh and thankgod for the new bakery lookup!! soooo much better!
Maybe ask cash office/service desk for a new badge, we have a set in the service desk that we'd be able to swap over no problems.

Last edited:

twelvemonths

HSC
@ekul
plain... no, WA.

btw my dept manager gives me shifts outside of my availability all the time. there's one I got that I can do if the shift is moved back a couple of hours. i'm on checkouts... will that be ok with them?

Otacon2009

HSC
Where I work, we have two Asian takeaway shops that use our groceries. The person working behind me was ringing the bell because someone bought an entire box of mushrooms. I tried tellng her that the way mushrooms are weighed is to remove some mushrooms until it reaches the specified weight on the box.

So she had 4.7kg coming up on the scales and the box said 4kg of mushrooms. I tried explaining to her repeatedly that all she has to do is remove 700g of mushrooms and to charge at the closest weight at 4kg without going over (So if she can't get it on 4kg exactly, she charges them at 3.9 not 4.1).Despite this, she was insistent I was wrong and the supervisor manually entered the mushrooms by going SVR menu > Disc Dump > Produce > 5.98 eight times (as the guy had 2 boxes of them).

So who was right because if the method of reducing weight before charging was the correct method, I'd hate to have my supervisor try to disable a bomb that can only be done so by weight (Like in Die Hard 3).

bdude

HSC
You've got to remember the weight of the packaging. So there probably was 4kg of mushrooms + 700g of packaging.

It's a shame you guys need a supervisor to do category entry/disc dump.

bdude

HSC
You've got to remember the weight of the packaging. So there probably was 4kg of mushrooms + 700g of packaging.

Treefeet

HSC
We always have the same issue at my store.. people come in and want to buy for their business.. but we tell them no.. we sell to people, not buisiness.

Ok so the other day i had a guy that wanted to buy 28 crunchies and 10 cadbury bubble (mint) and 12 cadbury bubble (choc) and some more.

So i called my DM.. even tho i already know the rules, but customers dont listen to us.. needs to be someone high up. anyway.. my dm comes over and says i can only allow you to have 5 each.. since they are on special. Then He is like " do you own a business" and the guy says no.

So the guy didnt take any.. lefted in a huff... and my DM tells me, he owns a business in our area that we both live in.

bensneddon

HSC
It's so we maintain accurate SOH counts. Maybe one of the reasons that our AutoStockR rollout has been so successful, but Coles' wasn't?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)