• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

Craven

HSC
Are you casual? The company is allowed to cancel a casual's shift up until a couple of hours before it so by the reasoning I would argue a casual can cancel their shift in the same time frame.. they can't really do anything - except hate you and give you no shifts next week, lol.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I rang up ti and changed it to 16, I think the 14 would have fit plenty but I just wanted to be sure and if it is giant I will just get it altered
ask wixxy about altering shirts. i remember she did a pretty good job at hers.
Yeah, they are REALLY easy to alter (this applies to both the old shirts as well as the TI shirts from the looks of the seams in mine). On my spotless shirts, I altered them from being a size 16 down to about a 12.

Put it on inside out, figure out how much smaller you need to make it by placing pins along roughly where the red lines in the image below are, and then sew along the lines, removing the pins as you go. Do a straight stitch along the line, then cut, then do a zig-zag stitch on the edge to avoid fraying. For the spotted shirts I would personally avoid sewing the arm section due to the different sleeves, just sew the torso section.

me neither. though i presume this is separate to homeshop? or maybe not?
Yeah, it's separate. The Homeshop is all via the internet, whilst home delivery is for those customers who for whatever reason would prefer to have their groceries delivered to their home a few hours later. The customers have their separate home delivery numbers to their homeshop numbers. My store has home delivery (but not homeshop).

HSC
Yeah, it's separate. The Homeshop is all via the internet, whilst home delivery is for those customers who for whatever reason would prefer to have their groceries delivered to their home a few hours later. The customers have their separate home delivery numbers to their homeshop numbers. My store has home delivery (but not homeshop).
I see. My store is starting Homeshop early next year, but we do not offer home delivery.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Fair enough.
At ours, pretty much the customer informs you when you start the transaction that it's a home delivery purchase. So you take their number, confirm their details in the system, label it with the home delivery number from a booklet in the drawer, and then place it on the home delivery trolley (a large silver trolley). Our store employs two or three home delivery drivers, and home delivery operates ussually between about 8 am and 3 pm.

brookie94

HSC
Yeah, they are REALLY easy to alter (this applies to both the old shirts as well as the TI shirts from the looks of the seams in mine). On my spotless shirts, I altered them from being a size 16 down to about a 12.

Put it on inside out, figure out how much smaller you need to make it by placing pins along roughly where the red lines in the image below are, and then sew along the lines, removing the pins as you go. Do a straight stitch along the line, then cut, then do a zig-zag stitch on the edge to avoid fraying. For the spotted shirts I would personally avoid sewing the arm section due to the different sleeves, just sew the torso section.

yeh I got just the comfort fit plain ones and I like sewing so I didn't think it would be too hard
thanks

groovygirl

HSC
yes im casual and they wont let me cancel cos i really want to go to the family bbq which mum told me about on monday and i rang up my CSM and she said i cant cancel wtf

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
yes im casual and they wont let me cancel cos i really want to go to the family bbq which mum told me about on monday and i rang up my CSM and she said i cant cancel wtf
Well seeing as you didn't tell them you weren't available, and haven't found someone to replace your shift, it isn't all that "wtf" that they won't let you cancel your shift with a few days notice.

I'm sure it sounds harsh, but it's the reality.

rose2

HSC
well same thing happened with me.We have new CSM at our store.So she rostered me for a thursday night shift(today).As it is my contracted shift.But i am not available to do any night shift.So my previous CSM used to give me morning and afternoon shifts(with the same roster).So i told my new CSM that can you please replace my shift as i am not able to do that.She was fine about it.She said don't worry leave it to me.So in this way she is so nice i would say :)

PyroTek

HSC
Hey hey.. long time lurker first time poster!
Hot tip, go out clubbing with your CSM/Supervisors. They love me for it! :D

PyroTek

HSC
Yep, stuff can turn awkward the next day at work....

Anyway, bought the new uniform the other day. since i'm predicting my shirt will have a large hole in it in the next few weeks... i've had it since i started a year and 3 months ago!

Pyro

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yep, stuff can turn awkward the next day at work....

Anyway, bought the new uniform the other day. since i'm predicting my shirt will have a large hole in it in the next few weeks... i've had it since i started a year and 3 months ago!

Pyro
Lol, one of my shirts I've had since they originally released the green shirts.
The other 2 I've had for over a year.

HSC
re the cancelling shifts thing.

i honestly think that casuals who do the right thing and say upfront that they cant work get fucked over. they can't call in sick, because we know why they're 'sick'. they don't end up getting their shifts covered, because no one wants them. at the end of the day these staff are CASUAL - cancelling one shift is not going to get you fired.

groovygirl - stand your ground. i'm sure that they fuck your hours around often.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Looking for a excuse heh? If you are a part timer use up some of the old Compassionate Leave. A few days before, advise someone that I have a funeral to go to later in the week, will get back to you when the date is confirmed (to make it sound all real..). Then Bingo, cant go, they cant force me to come to work and come payday its all cool. Well thats just some of the dodgy things that happens in my store.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Lol I know a guy at my store who tried that.

6 months later and he's still unemployed.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
re the cancelling shifts thing.

i honestly think that casuals who do the right thing and say upfront that they cant work get fucked over. they can't call in sick, because we know why they're 'sick'. they don't end up getting their shifts covered, because no one wants them. at the end of the day these staff are CASUAL - cancelling one shift is not going to get you fired.

groovygirl - stand your ground. i'm sure that they fuck your hours around often.
i know what your saying, and thats OFFICIALLY what they are, but once the roster is up, thats it as far as i'm concerned. we once got in trouble from the union for sending a casual employee home early when he complained. well if thats going to happen on the one hand, then on the other we have to be able to trust casuals to be able to do shifts as they are rostered. At the end of the day, in reality, casuals are PPT-ers without a set roster, who can take time off IN ADVANCE OF ROSTER CREATION without reason or notice. i've got casuals taking endless time off in december/january, and thats fine, thats their right, but i would look very unkindly on any casual who cancelled a shift once the roster was up.

bdude

HSC
Looking for a excuse heh? If you are a part timer use up some of the old Compassionate Leave. A few days before, advise someone that I have a funeral to go to later in the week, will get back to you when the date is confirmed (to make it sound all real..). Then Bingo, cant go, they cant force me to come to work and come payday its all cool. Well thats just some of the dodgy things that happens in my store.
And Casual employees are entitled to cancel shifts (unpaid, of course) for compassionate leave as well.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
i know what your saying, and thats OFFICIALLY what they are, but once the roster is up, thats it as far as i'm concerned. we once got in trouble from the union for sending a casual employee home early when he complained. well if thats going to happen on the one hand, then on the other we have to be able to trust casuals to be able to do shifts as they are rostered. At the end of the day, in reality, casuals are PPT-ers without a set roster, who can take time off IN ADVANCE OF ROSTER CREATION without reason or notice. i've got casuals taking endless time off in december/january, and thats fine, thats their right, but i would look very unkindly on any casual who cancelled a shift once the roster was up.
I agree 100% with this.
Probably my main issue with casuals is that there are one or two in my department who end up just doing no-shows even though they've had a week or so of notice with the roster being up. Once the roster is up, the week before, I honestly think it is no longer the store's problem if a casual decides that a BBQ or whatever the case may be is 'more important' than their employment.
Commitment is commitment, regardless of whether or not the employee is casual, PPT, whatever. If you're not going to bother showing up to the shifts that you've effectively agreed to, then you can whine about the consequences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)