The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
The whole supervisor number thing is a joke.

I know the numbers of about 4 - 5 supervisors and I use them for whatever I need to, especially since they usually shove me on Register 14 (furthest from Service Desk)

Also, does anyone know the website for ordering new shirts? I can't seem to find it...

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
Thanks!

My only short sleeve shirt got mixed in with a red shirt, the result actually looks WORSE than the current colour, believe it or not =P

Pilotdude

HSC
Fuck im so over Woolworths at the moment.

On Thursday i had a yelling match with out Store Services Manager, and i mean a yelling match....was quite amusing lol.

I confronted her about me being shifted from pilar to post and told her they need to to apoint me to something and stop changing me around when ever they feel like it. She said she can do what she wants "Because im THE store services manager" uptight slutwhore she is too.

Then Friday came round, and i got called to the office and all the managers were sitting there and they said they were going to write me up, told them to go fuck them selves and walked out.

Had my day off yesterday and went back to work today and had a "nice" little chat with our manager who said i shouldnt have done that etc etc etc.

Not that i care anymore anyway.

Thank god our SSM has only a month or so to go before she fucks back off to where the bitch crawled out from. All the other managers are pretty good, our store manager rocks, doesnt give a shit except when you tell him to go get fucked :p

Vent over now!! :D

HSC
Well onto a completely different matter.....

Our centre got evactuated today.

There was a gas leak at Best and Less, which managed to make its way down the centre. The evacuation sirens went over, but no one took any notice of them because they've been going off randomly for the last month or two. But 5 minutes in they stopped. And a voice came over, saying this is an emergency, please make your way to the nearest exit, etc.

But this kept on going, so the front end 2IC was trying to put a call over unsuccessfully. No one could hear him. Some of the customers were just so stupid, one woman insisted that we put her small bag of grapes through, the SSM told her she could have them for free. Another left her handbag behind. But we understood, its probably something that panicked them.

I was on express, so myself and the other express operators just said, Sorry, we're evacuating, leave your stuff where it is. But the other operators had a bit more trouble. I don't know what happened, I just grabbed my stuff and left.

So we were outside for about an hour and a half, watching fire trucks and police cars go by. But then we found out that immediately before the evacuation, there had been a fight in the store between two groups of customers, and one woman had been pepper sprayed. So when she came out in front of all of us, of course we all stared, she yelled obscenities at us. BUt then she was taken away in an ambulance with a police car following, so that was all good.

About an hour and a half later, we were allowed back in. IT was only then that we were faced with the mammoth task of putting all stock away. Eight full trolleys of stock ahd to be dumped, while 16 others had to be put away, Even though I was there til 7.30, It all got done.

So that was the end of my eventful afternoon.

efhat

HSC
hey guys i just found this thread lol so i thought i mite say hi! ive been working in the roselands store for about 1yr and 3months now and its not a bad job......its a pretty small store, we only have about 10 aisles and we dont sell fresh food so i pretty much bludge all day :p .....i do registers mostly and abit of floor work. Just turned 18 and am now getting 14.00 per hour (casual) !!

Pilotdude

HSC
babikakez,

Lol what a fun arvo! A couple weeks we lost power on a thursday and all hell broke loose. Had to go round trying to find people in the dark, then our generator kicked in and then promptly blew up!

5 or so hours we had no trade! best day ever!!

It's always good when something like that happens, espeically a gas leak, fire or bomb threat.

Harry778

HSC
Our stote made $30,000 first quater with only $114.00 Register Dispirency! We where congradulated!

HSC
Harry -
Only $114, blimey we have that discrepency in a day.

Pilotdude -
I had a great time, well, for the time that we were outside. Luckily we were in the shade of our delivery dock since it was 38+ degrees. That would have been our only complaint, besides having to put the stock away afterwards. Myself and our 2IC bragged so much on Tuesday, I think we annoyed so many people.

hoppi

HSC
hey hey all

i work at warringah mall woolworths as a check out operator............neally all my supervisiors are really nice.......one of therm even drove me home after work prob cause it was midnight but still and my breaks are always longer thn they are suppose 2 be..i only ever get called back when we are busy

dxb

HSC
I finished up at safeway a few weeks ago as a storeman but im wondering if i can still use my discount card? Will it work? lol, just curious i guess...

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
dxb said:
I finished up at safeway a few weeks ago as a storeman but im wondering if i can still use my discount card? Will it work? lol, just curious i guess...
stores are supposed to report to head office when a discount card shouldnt be used and then the WoWPoS registers are supposed to reject it

bansdontwork

Banned
HSC
Would i actually get in shit if my discount card was used at bws to buy grog? I'm underage.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i suppose in theory if they WANTED to check that kind of thing they could, but i doubt they would

Harry778

HSC
lol....guess what!!

Today I was offered 2IC of the checkouts and I took it. And i'm only 16!!

Haha thats soo good.

HSC
bansdontwork said:
Would i actually get in shit if my discount card was used at bws to buy grog? I'm underage.
My dad has used mine in the liquor store, i don't think it was a problem - unless they're going to go through proper sdc procedures.

Roga

HSC
I've been working at Woolies for about 2 months and I told my manager I was going to quit. I'm currently part-time and when I told him I wanted to 'stop' working for them, he offered me a casual position instead and I can choose the amount of hours I could work a week. They said they 'didnt want to lose me' and I work in LongLife. Should I accept this offer? I'm doing the HSC this year yet I still wanna work but cut down my hours...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Roga said:
I've been working at Woolies for about 2 months and I told my manager I was going to quit. I'm currently part-time and when I told him I wanted to 'stop' working for them, he offered me a casual position instead and I can choose the amount of hours I could work a week. They said they 'didnt want to lose me' and I work in LongLife. Should I accept this offer? I'm doing the HSC this year yet I still wanna work but cut down my hours...
yeah accept it. you get to choose your hours, so choose hours that fit in with your study. even if its like 4 hours a week.

Pilotdude

HSC
Regarding grog purchase with staff discount.

We have a strict policy in our store and liquor store that if you are purchasing anything, you must be the one who has the discount card and if your parents are using it we have to confiscate it.

If your parents are using it in the liquor store and the person is under age we have to refuse service, believe that is actually the law in WA now too?? because it could be saying that you are buying it for the underage person which is "supplying"

Our liquor store is strict as hell but with the new laws you have to, at the moment we are averaging 2-3 service 100's a day and the cops coming out 3-4 times a day.

Harry,

Seriously thats really really sad that you want to be a 2IC, you really should try and aim a bit higher than that! remember your only 15 and doubt they will give u supervision untill your atleast 16.5-17.

then again i was supervisor at 16 and 2IC at 17 and Service Manager at 17/18.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)