The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
I'm dreading finding out how many hours I'm working on Monday. Thank god only 5 on Sunday though.

HSC
Don't you just hate managers who volunteer to do things for you. My SSM has kindly volunteered to do tickets on Monday so that front end isn't put out. Great idea, says my CSM. CRAP IDEA I SAY.

Oh well, we reached a compromise. I'm doing most of the tickets on Sunday, as there's still heaps that need to come down then. ANd hopefully I can do breaks on Monday.

I still heart tickets, I just don't like managers lol.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lulz.

im working 3 opens in a row.

6-2 on sat
6-3 on sunday
5-3 on monday

=*(

S7iCkSt3R

HSC
:'( My shins hurt and my toe hurts...
I just did a 9 - 6 trolley collection (plus the occasional checkout)...
I'm never gonna do that again, first I smashed my shins into a trolley trying it get it down the most annoying ramp we have beside our store, and then I run over my toe with a row of trolleys, ow!!
But anyways...

Gah, I just remembered I gotta get up at 6 to get to work for open tomorrow, noooo!!!

Pilotdude

HSC
Im so tired after the weekend!

14 hours thursday
13 hours friday
14 saturday
12 today
14 hours tomorrow

Sucks, but our sales are excellent 1.4 million for the week! thats mental.

Those FUCKING CHIRSTMAS CAROLS ARE DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!! im ready to kill whoever the fuck decided on them, need to be shot. Bet they dont have to listen to them for 14 hours over and over and fucking over.

How did everyones weekend go? busy or usual?

Ours was actually considering pretty good, we had every register open all day every day and we still had q's 2-3 deep and at one stage they were 7 deep on saturday and some dumbass whore come and complained because we didnt have enough checkouts open, we are like everysingle register is already open. then she went on and on about how it wasnt good enough etc etc my duty manager said well coles currentley has no one in their store so your better off there lol she stormed out no need for her abuse, whore!

Over customers, over christmas. Roll on New years!!!

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
^^ Why do you care how much the store made in sales?

If someone gets overpaid on their last week of work, how does woolworths get their money back?

beentherdunthat

HSC
lol yeah. We always get paid the same. Except every now and then time and half or double time and a half for holiday openings.

I'm soooooo sick of customers. I Feel like strangling them!!!! far out man! They kill me!!!!

And not to mention they didn't fix up my tax status. I've been taxed 336 bucks lately. :(

Peartie

HSC
Pilotdude said:
Im so tired after the weekend!

14 hours thursday
13 hours friday
14 saturday
12 today
14 hours tomorrow

sucks to be on salary :) unless you're paid by the hour in which case you're getting a fuckload of extra pay

HSC
Pilotdude said:
Those FUCKING CHIRSTMAS CAROLS ARE DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!! im ready to kill whoever the fuck decided on them, need to be shot. Bet they dont have to listen to them for 14 hours over and over and fucking over.

How did everyones weekend go? busy or usual?
For the last four sundays, we've had a local Rotary band singing christmas carols in the centre. Nice for the patrons and whatever, bloody horrible for me since they're singing right next to the smokeshop. And i've been on smokeshop. Its horrible

Just come back from work now. I worked 4-9 thursday, 3-7 friday, 7.45-5.45 sat, 10-5.30 sun, 1.30-7 today. my store was really quiet for the times that I worked, but they were hammered today until about 1pm. Lucky for me, I missed out. :) :)

My centre closed at 6pm tonight. We left the store around 7ish, and as we were coming out of our entry door this couple came up to us (we were a group of about 40 (25 checkouts, 10 deli, 5 seafood)) and asked if the shops were open. Lol Stupid. And when we said that we closed at six, they were like, but they are spose to be open til 9. Now do you think, if the shopping centre was open until 9pm that woolworths would close at 6. I don't think so. Stupid stupid people.:rofl:

So who's working boxing day. I'm getting $24 an hour. So thats like over 100 bucks for an afternoon. Yay.:)

Pilotdude

HSC
fnkychk said:
^^ Why do you care how much the store made in sales?

If someone gets overpaid on their last week of work, how does woolworths get their money back?
Cause im getting a bonus :D as i was a Dept Manager for most of year and done reliefs etc since which im so over but its been good i guess learning almost every dept. Leart which ones i hate and which ones i dont!!

Generally they will get your permission to take it out of your acct

-Pay you less next pay

-Take you to court and get the money back if it was significant enough

Peartie said:
sucks to be on salary :) unless you're paid by the hour in which case you're getting a fuckload of extra pay
Well im meant to be full time but they wouldnt let me end my contract early, it runs till end of January and i had a big go at HR about it as im still employed as a Service manager under my contract and get paid as that but im not lol its all very confusing! im just going to let it run now, then im out of there! going to go casual as ive got a job lined up at a major mining company and might work the odd day as i will have a large amount of days inbetween my shitfts!

They gave me some extra money for managing depts etc, like produce managers are the highest paid dept managers and i put in 70 hours each week for the month i done that relief and they made up the differnece between my pay and what the manager usually gets which i guess was good of them.

Also having done all depts i get a better bonus too lol which is always a good thing!, Grocery Manager is getting a MASSIVE bonus next year. So yeah thats why i care bout sales hahaha the more they make the more i get :)

Mental today, ended up working 15 hours, starting at 6 and going through till 10, so tired but we got there. Then our store manager wanted the whole store routined so that was fucked.

Thank god xmas is over, i had great pleasure changing and removing all xmas related POS!!!

monkeybois

HSC
N/A
yeah think its fair 2 say we r all glad xmas is over the most stressfull time of the year in retail. im on salary as a longlife 21c i earn 49000 a year. think it works out more than wages no matter what when ur on salary. any other 21c out there am i gettin ripped off of or is that a good salary for my position

Pilotdude

HSC
Thats pretty good for a 2IC, what kinda sales your store doing??

Im on 60,000 as an everything lol, then i get a sales bonus and bonus ontop of that.

So can be up to 65-70 in the end. Depends really.

But i can go and earn 90k no problems with no mining experience with a major mining company which is what im hoping to do! :D

monkeybois

HSC
N/A
Pilotdude said:
Thats pretty good for a 2IC, what kinda sales your store doing??

Im on 60,000 as an everything lol, then i get a sales bonus and bonus ontop of that.

So can be up to 65-70 in the end. Depends really.

But i can go and earn 90k no problems with no mining experience with a major mining company which is what im hoping to do! :D
my store does ok takes in around 800 thou a on a normal week. yeah im gettin dept manager soon hopefully so get the bonus lol. im pretty happy with where i am dont wanna go up north or anythin my job gives me enough money without havin 2 leave home

HSC
Pilotdude said:
Thank god xmas is over, i had great pleasure changing and removing all xmas related POS!!!
We took ours down on 5pm xmas eve. It was especially nice to take down the tinsel that blocked our supervisor lights. Now we can see who's ringing again.

Pilotdude

HSC
fnkychk said:
Well, no, I said it was my last shift so they can't pay me less next time. The bank account where they put the money into is empty. The amount is not significant at all, it is $64.
Well depends if your dept/store manage is an ass they will worry about it otherwise they shouldnt worry bout it lol.

But they could take the money which you techinally owe them out of your next pay, even if it was your last shift. Our store had a couple people work shorter shifts etc over xmas and their money all got taken out this weeks pay.

They do have the right to take it out of your next pay or any money they owe you, as per whats in the EBA but for 64 bucks im sure they wont miss it?? if they havent said anything bout the money dont worry bout it lol :)

Harry778

HSC
Hi. I just joined coz i wanted to join the thread lol.

I work at Woolworths, I'm 15 and wanna be a Supervisor. I do some when it's quiet and it's soo fun! I got my supervisoe numbers a couple of months ago. Hehehe! My favourite thing in snapping the registers! Does anyone know what that stands for?

Anyway just wanted to tell yas that.

adistar85us

HSC
Hi people. Happy New Year! :lol:

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Just wanted to ask the veteran woolworths employees here how you guys managed to stay with the company after 3 months? (the only mishaps Ive gotten myself into was looking at my mobile...and getting caught, and being accused of "slow at filling shelves" during peak stock renewal which surprised me because I do finish the aisles).

I'm pretty nervous as my probationary period is almost up (I need the job to support myself and studies).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)