The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

SS-champion

HSC
Okay, my store is nothing like this. But having staggered express lanes does encourage us to serve.
Staggered express lanes are the ultimate and I did actually cry when we lost them with the refurb. People actually liked serving on express, working with your friends, easier for customers (1 queue) and much easier for express alerts!!

We used to have 6 staggered attached to the service desk, then we changed to 4 "piggy back style" express, 5 self-serve and a detached smoke shop/service desk.

Check out the diagram I drew:

HSC
I'm not sure if my store could have a detatched service desk/smokeshop at all though, just because of the way we are positioned within the centre. There is nowhere really to put the service desk against (the only stores where I have seen this have their smokeshop/service desk attached to a wall at the front of the store - we have nowhere for this because our whole shop front is open to the centre).

Am I just being a bit retarded though in my thinking? Our refit is sooo long away.

PyroTek

HSC
We got our workstations updated a few months ago, not much seemed to be wrong apart from them being slow. Negatives reports are done in a minute instead of 3 though :D

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Went to a coles store today that had self serve registers. Personally, I found them MUCH easier to operate compared to the ones we have. They were NCR registers, the coins and notes go down below the scanner, and the mechanism for accepting change is different (its like a bowl rather than a slot). Anyway, I actually enjoyed using them. Hope Coles are planning on rolling them out to every store. I've heard that they are still only trialing them...but not sure.

Also, drew up my store:

EDIT: BTW Aisle 12 is the freezer

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Lol we only have 3 offices in our store. 1 is the Cash office, the other is the managers office and then the 'general' office where Price integrity works, and all the other 6 department manager work. Only has 3 computers in it, 1 is hogged by our PI lady, other 2 to go around everyone. (Once you've got about 5 peolpe in there, you can't move)

Although the CSM mainly uses her computer at the help desk, and there is a computer in the staff room so if all are taken just jump on there.

Or if all else fails kick the SM off his computer and use it :p (Which is quite easy to do...I love making fun of my SM)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Woohoo to new workstations! We're only getting one, but its at the desk I use in cash office. I'm so excited, because before it was taking me half as long to enter the tills as it was to count them.

And copeys, every week when I was in c/o using that old workstation I mentioned how cheaply they could fix it with some extra ram and a mouse that didn't fail every five seconds. I actually think I asked to IDT a mouse once, the SM laughed at me so hard.
Def 1999 technology :)
So are these new workstations replacing the old white CRT computers or the Black Dell flat screens or both?

Surprisingly for a small store, our upstairs offices are quite spacious. We also have a 'Managers Lounge' with leather armchairs, free Cuban cigars and a pinball machine, for entertaining Regional Office boffins when they visit.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
We also have a 'Managers Lounge' with leather armchairs, free Cuban cigars and a pinball machine, for entertaining Regional Office boffins when they visit.
omg that sounds like something out of the 50s :p

bdude

HSC
I'm not sure if my store could have a detatched service desk/smokeshop at all though, just because of the way we are positioned within the centre. There is nowhere really to put the service desk against (the only stores where I have seen this have their smokeshop/service desk attached to a wall at the front of the store - we have nowhere for this because our whole shop front is open to the centre).
Devonport Woolies is in a 'centre' (really a building with about 6 other shops and a donut king) and they have a seperate service desk/smokeshop not against the wall.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Everybody in our Area hates on Devonport Woolies cos they do mega-sales and steal everybody else's refurb budgets.

bdude

HSC
Everybody in our Area hates on Devonport Woolies cos they do mega-sales and steal everybody else's refurb budgets.
I always thought that store looked extra pretty.

But I guess it does mega-sales because it's one store in a fairly large catchment area whereas in Launceston and Hobart you have more stores in a similar (if not smaller) sized area.

Craven

HSC
We got our workstations updated a few months ago, not much seemed to be wrong apart from them being slow. Negatives reports are done in a minute instead of 3 though :D
gosh are you a tiny store? our negatives take 10+ minutes.

i was on fire this morning did 2 sco spotchecks, sco pickup, change orders and COMMS/corecomms by 8am, woot. :p

yoddle

is cool
HSC
What's the difference between COMMS and corecomms?

CSM forgot the numbers for corecomms so we just use the SM's, which the Deli Manager got by looking over his shoulder once.

Craven

HSC
comms are communicated maintenance (price changes/other maintenance) that gets downloaded every day. there's a batch everyday (two on wednesday; the other is discontinued file). this is in Back Office.

corecomms (in citrix) is the natcoms and areacomms and bulletin boards etc that all the teams send to us (like when buying & marketing make us change shit because they can never get things right the first time... like this morning had to reprint a special ticket for next week for blackmores something because the price downloaded incorrectly [11.99 instead of 11.98.. god forbid!].)

HSC
comms are communicated maintenance (price changes/other maintenance) that gets downloaded every day. there's a batch everyday (two on wednesday; the other is discontinued file). this is in Back Office.

corecomms (in citrix) is the natcoms and areacomms and bulletin boards etc that all the teams send to us (like when buying & marketing make us change shit because they can never get things right the first time... like this morning had to reprint a special ticket for next week for blackmores something because the price downloaded incorrectly [11.99 instead of 11.98.. god forbid!].)
Thats not as bad as me coming across a rollback ticket to be put up, Was $2.49, now $2.98. Do we really want to advertise the fact that we INCREASED the price?

booshbanditxx

HSC
Uni Grad
what the hell, individual lanes for express, seems to be an awful lot of wasted space for little, if any benefit
At my store we have individual lanes for express..they are the same length as the long lanes but there are two registers to each.
eg. we have 6 express lanes but it only takes up the space of 3 long lanes.

Craven

HSC
Thats not as bad as me coming across a rollback ticket to be put up, Was $2.49, now $2.98. Do we really want to advertise the fact that we INCREASED the price?
haha you get shit like that.. and now with CUP lots of things are stupid... just make sure you only put promo talkers up if they have a SAVE on them.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i loathe CUP maintenance. WHY RE-PRINT STUFF I JUST PRINTED IN OTHER MAINTENANCE, AND NO I DONT ALSO WANT 50,000 NEW LINE TICKETS FOR STUFF WE DONT EVEN HAVE IN STOCK YET!

mlee72

HSC
i loathe CUP maintenance. WHY RE-PRINT STUFF I JUST PRINTED IN OTHER MAINTENANCE, AND NO I DONT ALSO WANT 50,000 NEW LINE TICKETS FOR STUFF WE DONT EVEN HAVE IN STOCK YET!
lol at least im not the only one with this problem. i hate CUP and OTHER MAINT!!!! grrrr WTF! why send down CUP changes from per G to per KG then change it back to per G the next day!!!!!! it makes no sense !!! and theres always hundreds of them its pointless. and the corecomms saying "the following promtions downloaded incorrectly to your system, you are required to .... blah blah blah" BULLSHIT U FUCKED UP NOW I HAVE TO FIX IT after ive already printed torn and sleved the ad pack. does anyone else not like the "tone" that the buying and marketing team writes in their corecomms???

rant over

Craven

HSC
hahaa, i'm glad that most days i work that shit is all done before i start *phew*

yeah B&M are assholes lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)