• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

ytrbut

HSC
My roster this week cos I heart it to the max:

MON: 12 - 5 operator
TUE: 9 - 2 operator/supvsn
WED: 12:15 - 21:15 supvsn
THU: 17:15 - 21:15 dutymgr
FRI: 7:00 - 17:00 supvsn
SAT: 15:15 - 19:15 dutymgr
SUN: 15:15 - 19:15 dutymgr
Heh, 7 day weeks. The joy. I find my 7/3 roster (and subsequent four days in a row off) to be most brilliant.

PyroTek

HSC
I heard the monster mash playing over the PA the other day, was impressed! :D

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
My (new) 2IC has gone back to her old store because she wasn't coping. I'm going to miss her, she was mega-awesome :(

What are your views on sharing supervision privlidges on POS (like, other operators knowing your pass so they can do svr easily without you coming for them)?
I was told it's an offense which can get BOTH parties sacked, moreso the supervisor for letting it happen. I heard one of our supervisors got in trouble for this. (MAYBE)
I know a supervisors password after she was teaching me to void late night transactions one night. Mind you, she only lets/let me use it and me to know her pass because i'm a SCO attendant and I know the svr menu and disc dumps/refunds (scann.policy, etc)/reduce toclear/qty's, etc.
I've only ever done 1 refund on her numbers, thats one night (5 mins after close), when she was trying to rush a friend of hers with no shit, 3 trollies through self serve.
Disciplinary offense to use another person's numbers, regardless of whether not they gave you permission to, when you get caught (when, not if) you will be in serious trouble.

It's also against policy for anyone to serve their relatives and/or personal friends, so someone else should have been serving her friend.

seany_b

HSC
I've got my group interview tomorrow at Adelaide's HQ. Just wondering if anyone has had an interview lately and has some tips on how to do well.

I've read Serius' first post on this thread and was just wondering about the formality of the clothes which you have to wear. Is it necessary to go full out on the black pants, white shirt and tie?

Plus I've heard from my friend that there is a lot of group activities, but she didn't mention anything about reasoning and memory tests. Are they still used in interviews today?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks =D

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I've got my group interview tomorrow at Adelaide's HQ. Just wondering if anyone has had an interview lately and has some tips on how to do well.

I've read Serius' first post on this thread and was just wondering about the formality of the clothes which you have to wear. Is it necessary to go full out on the black pants, white shirt and tie?

Plus I've heard from my friend that there is a lot of group activities, but she didn't mention anything about reasoning and memory tests. Are they still used in interviews today?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks =D
Can't help with the group interview seeing as how I didn't go to one and just went straight to one on one. If you get to the one on one make sure you think of a good answer for "And why do you want to work at Woolworths?" I umm'd and aaah'd over that for a bit :p lol

And for what you're wearing....What is the position you are applying for? When I first started I was hired as a C/out op I just went casually (T-shirt, shorts and jandals lmao). If it's at a management level you may want to raise the mark a bit.

Just make sure you're clean, hair brushed, smell nice etc.

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
yeah. one of them has the language set to English, the other has the language set to Woolworths!

I'm not sure which is which but the anmes of all the reports and everything are totally different.
i swapped languages breifly recently to see the differences, and accidentally opened the WBS, which froze office for 2-3 minutes

HSC
Haha our phones regularly switch themselves to some Asian language. We have the LG Arias - any suggestions on how to fix it?

And I get really confused when I have to go between Service Manager and Office Cashier in Office.

^^^ and god help me if they ever assigned Service Sup to my menu. I'd spend the whole time cursing that its completely different to Service Manager.

Harry778

HSC
I'm just skimming through the last two pages cos I'm more interested in my ham and cheese toast! Thanks mum!!

Anyway..saw something up the top about supervisors not liking being on main registers? I LOVE main registers..more space and time goes heaps fast. I know some people complain about their back, but if you keep it straight at all times and dont twist I'm fine. I always ask to go on mains when I get operator shifts. Which is rare.

Pretty sure I'm ready for my mum to piss of back to her store..1.5 weeks to go!

Craven

HSC
had something weird happen at work yesterday.
i needed to use office to print off a report and i noticed my CSM was still signed on, so i signed her out. then when i signed on as SERVICE MANAGER and the weirdest thing happen...our report and things we could do had different names.
eg, i have POS Over/Short Reports, whereas she has Register Over/Short Report
and i have "Cashier Maintenance" and she has "Operator-Supervisor Maintenance"
i had another supervisor sign on and she had the same as my CSM.
anyone got any ideas why?
Yes you need to change your language to Woolworths. Push Ctrl+L and select Woolworths. :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
miss work :( but lol, still controlling things from beyond the grave!

yesterday went to the beach with like, half the girls from work, anyway, shift needed replacing, and i'm just like

"holly, you start earlier at 1, then get an hours break, then christina you stay back for an extra hour to cover holly's lunch"

Harry778

HSC
miss work :( but lol, still controlling things from beyond the grave!

yesterday went to the beach with like, half the girls from work, anyway, shift needed replacing, and i'm just like

"holly, you start earlier at 1, then get an hours break, then christina you stay back for an extra hour to cover holly's lunch"

Wish you didnt leave! :(

Rachi578

HSC
How long did it take you guys how to learn the checkout etc? I'm starting tomorrow at a shop (kind of like a supermarket) and was wondering how long the training would take :) Thanks

PyroTek

HSC
10 mins, if you're slow :p
nah it took me like 15-20 mins...
the operation is pretty easy, its just learning how to be quick at it that takes a few weeks

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
looks like woolworths.com.au is getting an update...hope wowcareers.com.au gets one soon!!

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
How long did it take you guys how to learn the checkout etc? I'm starting tomorrow at a shop (kind of like a supermarket) and was wondering how long the training would take :) Thanks
Yeah, 20 - 30 minutes and you should get the gist of it. It's the odd stuff that crops up now and then that will throw you. Even now, being on checkout periodically for the past 3 years, I still have to call for the supervisor for some stuff.

The main points are try not to double scan the items, cause then you'll have to void. It's not hard to do, just a pain. Be aware of how you are packing the customers groceries. Customers don't like cans on top of their bread. And say hello and thankyou/goodbye and also the total amount and change handed back. No need for a lengthy conversation while you're scanning, but customers do like to be acknowledged. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)