The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

one-love

HSC
what stores can we use the staff discount card at?

woolies, big w... what other stores are under woolworths ltd? :S (sorry, sounds like such a stupid question)

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Bainesy said:
get a life u guys. working at woollies is good when you need a discount on chocolate, and working there for cheap chocs isnt real reason

go to tafe
About half the people who write in this thread do go to uni/tafe/school

Roga

HSC
one-love said:
what stores can we use the staff discount card at?

woolies, big w... what other stores are under woolworths ltd? :S (sorry, sounds like such a stupid question)
Tandy Electronics
Dick Smith Electronics/Power House
Woolworths
Big W
Food For Less

HSC
jodi..1 said:
About half the people who write in this thread do go to uni/tafe/school
QFT

Yay, got supervisor numbers back today. But they'll be gone by Tuesday when CSM comes back from his week away. Oh well.

Was really busy today. Its a long weekend in WA, and of course we're open for the whole thing. I was 8-5.30 today, and then 10-6.30 on both sun and mon. We had all registers open bar one, with one trained supervisor, me doing numbers/refunds/snaps, and a manager who isn't checkout trained helping in any way possible. Was really hard. Of course, there was a supervisor working in liquor, but because we had no over 18 staff working, we couldn't swap anyone for her. That was perhaps the most annoying thing of it all. But everything was ok in the end, all the breaks got done, no one was too pissed off.

HSC
Roga said:
Tandy Electronics
Dick Smith Electronics/Power House
Woolworths
Big W
Food For Less
BWS, Woolworths liquor are others

You can also use it for the 4c/litre off at Caltex Woolworths

Dan Murphys is part of the Woolworths chain too but you can't use discount card for it as the prices are low enough lol

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Bainesy said:
get a life u guys. working at woollies is good when you need a discount on chocolate, and working there for cheap chocs isnt real reason

go to tafe
says the one that's doing their hsc this year. get off the net and study.... and why the hell did you come to the woolworth's thread inthe firstplace if you just wanted to say that?

@Babikakez: ahh; hahah. my mind is somewhere else lately. im pretty srue though; if you work long enough you do get some shares in woolies. that mighta been a hwile ago though. or im mixing it up with another company.

@theysaideasy: damn straight. hahah; we also cook some stuffi n the oven as well like hash browns; bacon; potatoe gems; chorizos; etc (not all of em at once though) for breakf---- taste testing =D

although our CSM (i thinkthat'swhat she is) despises my 2ic/manager and tries to get us caught int the act. the store supervisor doesn't even relaly care.. he encourages us to try other food in the deli (ones we haven't tasted) so we have an idea of what we're selling to the customers.

side note; worked on the weekend (and every weekend from now on from 6-3) and john neil came in on saturday. my manager was panicing. lol

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
I should be looking in the award for this but cbf. I am pernament and my shifts are never the same as my roster, the service manager changes basically everyones. Its a pain in the arse that we're paid less than casuals yet still have random shifts, plus people are forever turning up to work when they're not really rostered on for that week. Is she allowed to do this?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Where else would you say it?
not everything has to be said.

I should be looking in the award for this but cbf. I am pernament and my shifts are never the same as my roster, the service manager changes basically everyones. Its a pain in the arse that we're paid less than casuals yet still have random shifts, plus people are forever turning up to work when they're not really rostered on for that week. Is she allowed to do this?
if its done a couple of times; than its allowed. but if she's constantly changing the contracted hours, for extended periods of time, it's not allowed ithink.

is there any particular reason why she's doing that? ask her if you're not sure.

Bainesy

HSC
you can work at woollies, earn just over the minimum wage, just dont talk about it, especially not on the net.

its not a badge of honour, its a more of a scar of shame, to be hidden and only expained once youve been busted by your peers

unless ofcourse youve got a better job like store manager of woollies, then you can be a little proud of your position, better pay. but in the end the store manager is also dumb due to the stress

HSC
shinji said:
@Babikakez: ahh; hahah. my mind is somewhere else lately. im pretty srue though; if you work long enough you do get some shares in woolies. that mighta been a hwile ago though. or im mixing it up with another company.
I think that might be the case, but its not after one year. Not sure how long though

And to Bainesy: may I ask where you work? Or perhaps I should be asking if you work at all?

Last edited:

kloudsurfer

HSC
Bainesy said:
you can work at woollies, earn just over the minimum wage, just dont talk about it, especially not on the net.

its not a badge of honour, its a more of a scar of shame, to be hidden and only
There is absolutely nothing shameful about having a job. On the contrary, it is much more shameful is to rely on your parents for money rather then working to support yourself.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Bainesy said:

its not a badge of honour, its a more of a scar of shame, to be hidden and only expained once youve been busted by your peers

unless ofcourse youve got a better job like store manager of woollies, then you can be a little proud of your position, better pay. but in the end the store manager is also dumb due to the stress
i don't know what planet you live on where your friends, at this age, would judge you negatively for working at woolies. or any other retail job.

go be a cumstain somewhere else.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i don't know what planet you live on where your friends, at this age, would judge you negatively for working at woolies. or any other retail job.

You say what I'm thinking. Especially that last line.

Bainesy

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:

is this by chance an offer???

i do economics. learning about D and S, ect, i can see just how lousy working at a fast food/department store is. i suppose a specality store is good, if you do what you love to do.

but who wants to stack shelves for pittance? and to think there is a price floor in the labour market worsens the situation

G

Gavvvvvin

shit this guys doing hsc economics we better listen to what he says :eek:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Bainesy said:
is this by chance an offer???

i do economics. learning about D and S, ect, i can see just how lousy working at a fast food/department store is. i suppose a specality store is good, if you do what you love to do.

but who wants to stack shelves for pittance? and to think there is a price floor in the labour market worsens the situation
no one wants to, we do it because things like textbooks and rent and social life have to be paid for and the only jobs you can easily get without any training or experience are usually retail jobs.

Peartie

HSC
jodi..1 said:

If you're PPT then you signed a roster saying that this is when you're shifts will be (eg monday 4-9, wednesday 4-9 and Saturday 10- 7 or whatever) then thats when you're shifts are....if the manager wants to change you around either he needs to get your approval everytime she wants you to work different shifts OR she needs to make you casual!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)