The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

williamc

HSC
Bainesy said:
i do economics. learning about D and S, ect, i can see just how lousy working at a fast food/department store is. i suppose a specality store is good, if you do what you love to do.
You are obviously economic illierate you fucking idiot.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Ekim said:
How the hell does economics give you the academic ability to judge whether or not its " not a badge of honour, its a more of a scar of shame".

If you had a phd in employment stereotyping in people aged 15-25 or something similar then you might have a case, even then its subjective, so why dont you go back to your calculator and work out how much interest youll have in 80years if you dont touch your bank account.
LOL.hahaha;

does this guy even have a job?
i don't really care personally if this job's a "scar of shame".... all i raelly want is work experience (regardless of whether it's related or not) & money.

we actually try to be independant; unlike you.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Bainesy said:
you can work at woollies, earn just over the minimum wage, just dont talk about it, especially not on the net.

its not a badge of honour, its a more of a scar of shame, to be hidden and only expained once youve been busted by your peers

unless ofcourse youve got a better job like store manager of woollies, then you can be a little proud of your position, better pay. but in the end the store manager is also dumb due to the stress
This is the second rant you've had about woolies and it seems you are continuing. Where the hell do you work, if anywhere? I agree with shinji, its work experience and money. But kudos to you for making me laugh, actually pointing out that you do year 12 economics, and you say don't talk about working at woolies as its a 'scar of shame'. Not that I have anything against economics.

peterperthh

HSC
Bainesy said:
you can work at woollies, earn just over the minimum wage, just dont talk about it, especially not on the net.

its not a badge of honour, its a more of a scar of shame, to be hidden and only expained once youve been busted by your peers

unless ofcourse youve got a better job like store manager of woollies, then you can be a little proud of your position, better pay. but in the end the store manager is also dumb due to the stress
Hey Bainesy, thanks for sharing your opinion but Im afraid it is a little misguided.
Im a 3rd Year Civil Engineering student and work at woolies 15-20 hours a week to pay for my petrol/phone/partying while Im at uni.

Is my life a scar of shame Bainesy?.. I may earn 'minimum wage' as you would call it, but in 2 years will probably earn double average wage.

If anything jobs at places like woolworths are for successful smart young people, used as an opportunity to pay there way through education and join the workforce generally earning more than everyone else! The rest of the people working there are managers who actually earn decent money themselves.

*sigh* just because you do econs doesnt allow you to see the whole picture.

P

pLuvia

Bainesy said:
is this by chance an offer???

i do economics. learning about D and S, ect, i can see just how lousy working at a fast food/department store is. i suppose a specality store is good, if you do what you love to do.

but who wants to stack shelves for pittance? and to think there is a price floor in the labour market worsens the situation
Where do you expect people get their first jobs at a young age? at NASA? at one of the Big4s when you're 15? I don't think so. You are probably saying this only because you don't even have a job am I right? I swear you are the biggest idiot

And who exactly is shaming on people who get a part time job at woolies, coles etc? Who do you think they get people to run the company to generate sales, even it maybe be minor ?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
and question; if nobody were to work at woolworth's; then there goes ur main supplier of groceries. (seeing as woolies has a higher market share than the other groceries companies)

if we were all to quit; nobody would be runnig the stores.
and the economy would crash overnight even.

I did University economics so by ur theory; my opinion is right!

@PeterperthH : exactly dude; i agree with u 100%

HSC
casual rate on sunday is 1.5 times the normal casual rate right?

how come i get 16.39$ on sunday where as my normal casual rate is 11.57$, 1.5 times 11.57 is 17.35$ correct?

is this a mistake by the cash office? or me

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Bainesy said:
is this by chance an offer???

but who wants to stack shelves for pittance? and to think there is a price floor in the labour market worsens the situation
how many thousand do D and S get you a year? :D

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
pharmaceutical said:
casual rate on sunday is 1.5 times the normal casual rate right?

how come i get 16.39$ on sunday where as my normal casual rate is 11.57$, 1.5 times 11.57 is 17.35$ correct?

is this a mistake by the cash office? or me
hmm, that is odd, are you in a NSW store?

have you recently had a birthday?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
townie said:
hmm, that is odd, are you in a NSW store?

have you recently had a birthday?
ahh, i have worked it out, and it must have changed in the new award (i think)

your BASE rate of pay is 9.64

on ORDINARY hours you get 20% casual loading, giving 11.57

on SUNDAYS you get 70% (i.e. 20% casual loading PLUS 50% sunday loading), which is 16.39 (whereas i'm pretty sure it used to be just 50% extra on top of the casual rate)

Last edited:

missy82

HSC
N/A
Hi can someone plz help, im trying to apply for a second staff discount card but cannot find anywhere on the woolies site to do this. Is it a different site. I currently do 30hrs per week and would like a card for my mum who is at the same address as me. I was told at work you can only do this online now? If anyone know i would really appreciate it

missy82

HSC
N/A
Thankyou so much for your help, i have found the form and submitted it. Thanks again

Pilotdude

HSC
babikakez

Do you work at Centro Mandurah? just come back from spending a couple weeks down south and was in Mandurah for a week or so.

Fuck the service down there sucks lol only nice person i had was a blonde/white hair chick on an end register last sunday at woolies.

Russdog

russell
HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

noone i know that works at woolies (including myself, all my workmates i've asked, and about 5 friends who also work at woolies) has gotten a job purely by applying on the internet. everyone already knew someone who had a job there, and got them to ask their manager for a job, gone to see the manager, gotten the job and been invited to initiation, (then told to apply online to make it official).

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
quiksilver102 said:
Has anyone used the self serve checkouts, do you know which stores have them yet?
I've only heard of Big W having them. I haven't used one but my Mum did, she sent me a message telling me all about it she was that excited.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Russdog said:
noone i know that works at woolies (including myself, all my workmates i've asked, and about 5 friends who also work at woolies) has gotten a job purely by applying on the internet. everyone already knew someone who had a job there, and got them to ask their manager for a job, gone to see the manager, gotten the job and been invited to initiation, (then told to apply online to make it official).
false dude.

i applied purely online.
got an interview (was a 1on 1 interview)

and then got the job.

=]

pwnt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)