The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yeah, you can blame the not being able to type card numbers in on our store, sorry guys.

A few years back we had people pretending to swipe their own cards, but were in fact entering in card numbers of stolen credit cards. pretty clever really, signatures on the back match, and in those days nobody ever checked the signature slip against the card number.
What do you mean by 'pretending' to swipe their cards?

jrgrs2010

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

all this talk of credit cards reminds me of something i was meant to ask the other day...so ben/yoddle/townie/harry/anyone else help!

gift card management is in citrix, yess? i couldn't find it the other day, there seems to have been a massive interface change since i last used it and i got confused.
Gift card management is in storenet... cant remember exactly where but it is in there, i only know because i had to use it for the first time the other day

bensneddon

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

all this talk of credit cards reminds me of something i was meant to ask the other day...so ben/yoddle/townie/harry/anyone else help!

gift card management is in citrix, yess? i couldn't find it the other day, there seems to have been a massive interface change since i last used it and i got confused.
Nope the GCMI is a link of the StoreNet index :)

HSC
Yea I know about the 18/30pack of canned drinks. I tell customers normally to leave them in the trolley because I've got a code for it. Normally, most will do so but occasionally, I get one or two who'll tell me that they've still got stuff underneath. What do I do? I used to let the belt come all the way till the canned drinks came and I let the customer take it away because I used to have a bad back. Now, sometimes I take it and put it on the counter on the end. I really don't want to do it because I might hurt my back again. How do I tell the customers without pissing them off?

yoddle

is cool
HSC

Yeah it's under 'Supermarkets', right at the bottom, i think. Actually no that's product recall. Actually it might be the first index you come to. I know Citrix totally threw me when i logged on one day and it was all black.

BSammy

HSC
Ha, yeah. Almost everyone I spoke to when it turned black, quit out and tried again, thinking they'd gone into the wrong thing. Including me.

In good news, I don't have to work until friday next week. Off to Sydney and Melbourne for a bit. Lucky me.

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
Yea I know about the 18/30pack of canned drinks. I tell customers normally to leave them in the trolley because I've got a code for it. Normally, most will do so but occasionally, I get one or two who'll tell me that they've still got stuff underneath. What do I do? I used to let the belt come all the way till the canned drinks came and I let the customer take it away because I used to have a bad back. Now, sometimes I take it and put it on the counter on the end. I really don't want to do it because I might hurt my back again. How do I tell the customers without pissing them off?
I would tell the customer to place the 30/24 pack cool drinks at the end of the checkout themselves or place it on the floor. Maybe also tell them a little white lie, that you've twinged your back and the lift and turn motion makes it hurt. What can they say?

jirwin

HSC
I would tell the customer to place the 30/24 pack cool drinks at the end of the checkout themselves or place it on the floor. Maybe also tell them a little white lie, that you've twinged your back and the lift and turn motion makes it hurt. What can they say?
I'm lucky in that we can just slide the cartons past the scanner and onto the other side of the register. I avoid picking them up but it's not always possible. I do the same with the large containers of water.

What I find worse is that when people don't put the water/heavy items on the belt, but instead lift them out of the trolley and pass them over to you (right next to the register and over the top of groceries waiting to be scanned on the belt) ensuring you HAVE to lift them. It's so awkward and annoying. Most don't seem to grasp the idea that we don't need the actual product to scan. There should be signs or something to inform the customers because we can't always 'catch' them before they place the carton on the belt.

bdude said:
We used to enter it into the screen but now that they've changed the software for the chip cards it has to go into the PinPad itself for some inexplicable reason.
We haven't yet got the chip insert at my store so we still enter it on the POS screen.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
No offence but you guys should come into produce and try your hand at lifting 20 - 30kg crates.

Although I guess on checkouts it isn't so much the weight of the product but the awkwardness of it. So ignore my flippent comment :)

HSC
Gift card management is in storenet... cant remember exactly where but it is in there, i only know because i had to use it for the first time the other day
Nope the GCMI is a link of the StoreNet index :)
Yeah it's under 'Supermarkets', right at the bottom, i think. Actually no that's product recall. Actually it might be the first index you come to. I know Citrix totally threw me when i logged on one day and it was all black.
lol, explains why i couldn't find it :p I did think storenet first but I was only going there to look up how to fix the issue, aha.

thanks.

jirwin

HSC
No offence but you guys should come into produce and try your hand at lifting 20 - 30kg crates.

Although I guess on checkouts it isn't so much the weight of the product but the awkwardness of it. So ignore my flippent comment :)
Yea for me it's the awkwardness of it. I have no problems with lifting the cartons. Do it all the time for Mum (her excuse is she lifts cartons of beer at work so she shouldn't have to lift cartons of coke into the trolley at the supermarket when we go shopping)

PyroTek

HSC
I got the corecomm about it going black like 2 days before, so i was totally prepared :p

Also, when the bogans come in to buy their ciggies I love how they put an essentials card and a keycard together to make it look like a keycard. Then you get in a massive argument as they try and say that it was their keycard they swiped. More than once we have had to call the SM to deal with it.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I never even knew that Essentials cards were issued under those circumstances. People have probably been getting illicit cigs off me for years.

HSC
Yea but even though sometimes I tell them that they can place the carton at the end of the checkout, they give me this face or else they refuse to do it until the end of the entire shopping which screws up my belt cuz it will not move. There should really be a sign or something telling them that heavy items are not to be moved out of the trolley unless asked by the cashier lol. I should write that in the ideas thing. ;)

PyroTek

HSC
I remember once having so many 30 packs of coke on my conveyor it wouldn't move.. literally. LOL. I tend to just lift it, cause i'm buff like that, i mean, i walk to my car carrying 2x 30packs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)