The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
yes there are new SCO's and expect another move to come soon. That is removing instore balancing. its too hard to get stores to comply with instructions so they are removing it.

Is everyone ready for 10th June ?? store release 10.0! lots of changes
finally! (is it out nationwide on 10th - i thought it is usually progressively rolled out?)

any hints?? :p preetty pleeease

and whats the changes to sco hardware?

Harry778

HSC
Yer I heard the upgrade is going to massive. Lol, it will be interesting. I read something somewhere about a SCO "Unexpected Wight" report. Which I presume means you can view how many weight miss matches there were in the day? And investigate it or something?

sethu01

HSC
i am 21 years old...and i am a uni student...do u have any idea about the outcome?

bensneddon

HSC
I read something somewhere about a SCO "Unexpected Wight" report. Which I presume means you can view how many weight miss matches there were in the day? And investigate it or something?
This report is already present via SCOBO in the Service Manager or Systems Operator menu of StoreLine

HSC
For people who may know.
What is in the "Self Checkout Back Office" thing in Office.
i've never clicked in because i've never need too, that and the fact i'm scared it'll freeze and i'll destroy the computer.

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
Just a little rant here, STOP playing the "fresh food people" :evilfire: every second song yesterday my god grr. Had a customer complain that he had heard it three times while he was doing his shopping, well boo friggin hoo! try working an 9 hour day and having that constantly playing......fucktard
Hehehe...ours hasn't worked since the last time we had the power go out which was almost 8 months ago. I haven't missed it! :devil:

timw7845 said:
they really should give us seats like aldi's get...

standing up for 8 of 9 hrs is starting to fuck up my back.. even doing the stupid stance they say
After coming out of the systems office and onto checkout I have noticed my lower back has had a dull pain ever since. Having seats makes good OHS sense.

brookie94

HSC
After coming out of the systems office and onto checkout I have noticed my lower back has had a dull pain ever since. Having seats makes good OHS sense.
yeh buttt that means alterations to checkouts.. Meaning money which is totally against woolies beliefs of being complete tightarses ;) haha but having chairs would make me feel so lazy! Even if I get a sore back, at least I've moved around etc

jirwin

HSC
yeh buttt that means alterations to checkouts.. Meaning money which is totally against woolies beliefs of being complete tightarses ;) haha but having chairs would make me feel so lazy! Even if I get a sore back, at least I've moved around etc
I don't know about Woolworths checkouts but at Coles there is enough room for a little stool to be stored under the register so they could easily allow us to sit down when we aren't serving. I wouldn't want to sit down while serving - I think that would put strain on my body, but certainly when not serving because that is when I'm literally standing in the one spot.

HSC
Didn't work yesterday and called in sick again today, I'm casual and my boss says I need a doctors certificate, so do i? I have heard if your casual you are not entitled to give one

HSC
The only time I called in sick, I got a doctor's certificate but my supervisor told me I didn't need to hand it in however during our induction, we were told we had to. I guess if your supervisor says you don't have to, you don't need to?

I've got a question for the pros in this thread. I am finishing my undergraduate studies this semester but since the postgraduate degree doesn't start till Feb 2011, I have to go back to my home country for the next semester. Is it possible to tell my supervisor that I have to be non available for the next 6 months or do I have to quit? I don't really want to quit because the staff and working environment at my store's pretty good.

brookie94

HSC
I don't know about Woolworths checkouts but at Coles there is enough room for a little stool to be stored under the register so they could easily allow us to sit down when we aren't serving. I wouldn't want to sit down while serving - I think that would put strain on my body, but certainly when not serving because that is when I'm literally standing in the one spot.
It would probably be in the way or either reaching the screen or putting the bags in the area. And plus, when we aren't serving we have to stand out the front of our register.. But there's a girl who constantly hurts her leg so she goes in express and
sits on a stool but that'd express..

brookie94

HSC
The only time I called in sick, I got a doctor's certificate but my supervisor told me I didn't need to hand it in however during our induction, we were told we had to. I guess if your supervisor says you don't have to, you don't need to?

I've got a question for the pros in this thread. I am finishing my undergraduate studies this semester but since the postgraduate degree doesn't start till Feb 2011, I have to go back to my home country for the next semester. Is it possible to tell my supervisor that I have to be non available for the next 6 months or do I have to quit? I don't really want to quit because the staff and working environment at my store's pretty good.
Try discussing with your dept manager and see what can be arranged. If you are a hard worker and they like you, they will figure something out. Are you casual or part time? Part time you could take unpaid leave for 6 months?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Didn't work yesterday and called in sick again today, I'm casual and my boss says I need a doctors certificate, so do i? I have heard if your casual you are not entitled to give one
You need to provide a Doctor's Certificate if you need 3 or more days off. Anything under and no you don't need to.

Your Supervisor only supervises you when you are working and has nothing to do with your leave or rosters. You need to talk to your Checkout Manager or 2IC.

However if you do need to leave you will be back just in time for the Christmas rush, so there shouldn't be any problems getting back in. But if you can get extended leave then that is best.

HSC
You need to provide a Doctor's Certificate if you need 3 or more days off. Anything under and no you don't need to..
Thought so, I have only had yesterday, today off, told my mum and shes ringing my manager and shes not happy with her because she called me at like 7am this morning and asked could I come in and my mum was like no shes not coming in at all and she is sick.

jirwin

HSC
I called in sick in March, just one single shift and gave them 5hrs notice - the supervisor said I had to tell a manager and transferred me. After asking me what my shift was, whether I was casual/pt/ft etc, my SSM was like 'are you seeing a doctor' and when I said 'no' he said next time I need to for the certificate. He said something about 'getting on top of it' and I was left thinking 'what do I need to get on top of'.

HSC
You need to provide a Doctor's Certificate if you need 3 or more days off. Anything under and no you don't need to.
killercupcakes is casual and thus does not need to provide a certificate at all.

FT staff only get two undocumented days per year. I only get one undocumented sick day per year (because of the whole prorata leave entitlements thing). So realistically, I need to provide something for every thursday or saturday that I take, though its pretty easy for me to get a stat dec done if I cbf going to the doctors, and this is something that our store kind of pushes.

jirwin - their probably just trying to make conversation, haha.

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
It would probably be in the way or either reaching the screen or putting the bags in the area. And plus, when we aren't serving we have to stand out the front of our register.. But there's a girl who constantly hurts her leg so she goes in express and
sits on a stool but that'd express..
For us it wouldn't be as we have room to place a small stool under the register and pull it out when needed. There hasn't been many times that I wish I could sit down though so not that concerned, plus I'm looking for another job in my career field - although I can see myself being at Coles for like another year at least.

Harry778

HSC
I head that self serves couldnt be used today cos of the upgrade..haha wow that would have totally fucked my store over.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
I head that self serves couldnt be used today cos of the upgrade..haha wow that would have totally fucked my store over.
wow thats a serious upgrade.... or did something go wrong meaning they werent working... are you sure?

really?! OMG that would suck! haha but there would a lot of happy people that now have false hope that selfserve is gone ;) hahahaha
but there would have been lots of devo people in our store if it was us. some people just love the things so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)