The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

BSammy

HSC
I get the feeling it's more of an RSA thing, but cause smokes are over 18 only as well maybe they care about it then, even if they might not need to.

nanakid12

HSC
Wow, long time no see. :)

We started our new smoke planograms on Friday, and we're putting them in alphabetical order to make easier, seeing as they're all covered now. The CSM started them at 8:00am Friday morning, and we hadn't even finished it when we finished Saturday (apparently they got absolutely smashed Friday, and it was quite smashing on Saturday, which I was the 2nd supervisor). BTW are planograms supposed to be confidential?

So uni has started this week. I'm constantly adjusting my enrolment and class times to work around my rostered hours for the next fortnight, to save the trouble of having to find replacements :p feeling quite lazy.

Last edited:

spilla2003

HSC
BTW are planograms supposed to be confidential?
How could a planogram be confidential?

It's essentially the location of a product on the shelf. Any customer can see the end result.

The only thing they wouldn't see would be the list of deleted lines and the reasoning for the delete.

BSammy

HSC
So did we, but liquor didn't. Whenever I work in liquor it takes me ages to find any smokes, but I'm pretty instant in the smokeshop.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Big w only sells smokes at the service desk, we made that change early last year.

Does anyone use the office computers often? When I use them to print paper, tickets etc my login request me to Change my password. Such a pain.

nanakid12

HSC
I have no idea! One of the duty managers told the CSM that "you know the planogram" is confidential. In hindsight, I'm thinking she may have been referring to something else and I misheard her.

And powlmao what software are you talking about on the computer. Like ISIS, Office, etc... ?

BSammy

HSC
Sounds like ISIS, with the tickets etc.

your password setting might be weird, ask your SSO if that's the case and can they fix it.

nanakid12

HSC
So. Yea. What's been happening with you guys lately?

I'm continually getting abused when I enforce our newest policy of only products sold in front of the service desk (which includes stuff on the mini-drinks fridge, ice, potting mix and the rug cleaners). That's about all I have to say.

EDIT: Don't hide iMathew, I see you browsing the thread :p :p :p

Last edited:

Dystocia

HSC
You "had" Woolworths? Hmmm...
Our policy is that we have to cheerfully exchange all products if they are damaged. If you still have your receipt, you are also entitled to a full refund in either cash or back onto your EFTPOS/credit card.

However, if you don't have you receipt, we also offer full refunds back in cash if the product is under $15. Because you paid $36, then it will have to be put back onto a RETURNS card, which is basically like a gift card that can only be spent in Woolworths Limited stores. You will have to present ID for them to process this "No Receipt" refund. This is only if you don't have your receipt though.

More at this page:
http://www.woolworths.com.au/wps/wc...es/returns+policy/supermarkets+returns+policy

If the store you bought it from does not let you refund it, make sure you lodge a complaint to the higher-ups. You are entitled to your money back, and if the staff aren't letting you, then (to me) they sound like they need to re-read the company policy on refunds.

Good luck :)
I still have the docket as I like to keep tabs on the amount of money and food I consume per week. Could I still do this considering it happened a fair while ago?

Thank you for your help :)

Jolyon

HSC
Man some of the young ones suck up to me big time. This annoying 17 year old supervisor always gets on my nerves and now that I have rostered him on for no supervisor shifts (cause he talks to much) he is all shitty and called my CSTM. Well she gave him a mouth full for calling her on her holiday for something like that. But yeah, most of my department are good besides a few fuck heads.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
My sTore is fairly strict upon who gets authority.

The only people who are supervisors are those who everyone loves so I guess that makes it better

nanakid12

HSC
I still have the docket as I like to keep tabs on the amount of money and food I consume per week. Could I still do this considering it happened a fair while ago?

Thank you for your help :)
Yeah, though they probably would be a bit suspicious about it. Although it is company policy for it to be refunded, some stores may not allow it (though if you go to higher ups they should be able to sort it out). See what you can do.

I'm always suspicious when people do that, even though it ain't all that often.

Man some of the young ones suck up to me big time. This annoying 17 year old supervisor always gets on my nerves and now that I have rostered him on for no supervisor shifts (cause he talks to much) he is all shitty and called my CSTM. Well she gave him a mouth full for calling her on her holiday for something like that. But yeah, most of my department are good besides a few fuck heads.
Haha sounds like the dick had it coming. Do you have to assert your authority very often at your store? I used to be scared to tell people what to do, and to say no, but I think I'm starting to build up my confidence a bit. Though I always treat the old operators with respect (like 50+), and let them have it a bit easier. They get annoyed if I don't :p

The only people who are supervisors are those who everyone loves so I guess that makes it better
Are you interested at all in supervision? Just judging from the way you post, I'm guessing you fit into this category... ha. I was that person when I was asked, but to be honest, I'm feeling like I'm starting to seem a bit up myself. Though I'm desperately trying to shake off this image. No one's said anything to me, but I just get this feeling... hopefully I'm wrong. Man I can talk some shit.

:)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I would love to supervise. But I doubt I will be trained any time soon.

I still haven't been trained fully at self serve, service desk or layby.

But I would like too.

Only reason is that I am primarly on the floor

I am very like and well known at the store probably because I am very young. The current register supervisors are so nice, they aren't strict in a way which bothers you, they are easily relatable to. A great addition to the store they are. But due to budgets the part time supervisors really only supervise ( they are really nice too as well)

nanakid12

HSC
@Craven - wat you mean?? :p

@powl - Yeah, I'd say the only reason I got supervisor is because Service is the only department I've ever been in (helped out with longlife like 2 or 3 times in the whole time I've been working at woolies) and one time last year someone P.Aed "service 30" and I said to my 2ic, "thats a phone call, right?" she replied with "yeah, you know what you should supervise..." (though she was a bit preoccupied at the time, so I wasn't 100% sure whether she was serious). I asked her the next day if she was serious, turns out she was, and they started training me with spot checks and where everything was straight away. Woo.

You could always drop subtle hints to your Service Manager, like asking how the smokes are received, or what supervisors do during the day. Maybe one day she'll/he'll ask you if you're interested in it. Or you could just straight out ask them about it? :)

Last edited:

Jolyon

HSC
Haha sounds like the dick had it coming. Do you have to assert your authority very often at your store? I used to be scared to tell people what to do, and to say no, but I think I'm starting to build up my confidence a bit. Though I always treat the old operators with respect (like 50+), and let them have it a bit easier. They get annoyed if I don't :p
:)
Yeah I do, but not very often. Being the 2IC people know that after the CSTM I am incharge so it isnt needed often. Mostly with the younger ones haha.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a dick (unless they are to me). But I do not need to be nice to keep being 2IC. The big bosses only care about things getting done and making money, not about making everyone happy.

Craven

HSC
Last page or so someone was discussing registers being secured, thought you'd have upgraded by now.

And evolution? What is that?

nanakid12

HSC
Jolyon:
Ahh okay, haha what do the younger ones do?? Theres this one guy who's currently 16 (i'm 17) who really wants to be supervisor, but he's not getting it... well til he's 17 anyway. I often let him supervise my ten minute break, but tell him to jump on a big checkout if it gets busy and to just call to staff to the smokeshop if need be, or call me back from my break if there is ever a difficult situation. He'll tell me "no, company policy is that you CAN NOT leave on your break" even though I'm more than willing to help out. Funny how he only seems to follow the "company policy" when it will work in his favour.

Shits me off though, cause longlife are down 20-30 hours, and he'll call their staff to serve colossal orders on the main registers even though explicitly tell him to jump on himself. Grrr.

Craven:
Yeah, that was me. But I've moved on, seeing as how there's no fun using force log off :p also evolution is the new phone and internet system that is being roleld out across all stores. Which has been supposedly happening since last September. New VoIP phone system and phones, plus faster internet and more RF receivers. Sorry if you already know all this. Bad gas makes your memory a little fuzzy :p ew jokes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)