• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yeah all petrol stations are open on public holidays, they have to be.
No doubt old news footage, happens all the time :p.

I'm really interested in the new mobile phones. I'm going to ask around and see if the supervisor can use the CSM's phone whilst the svr is on duty. Only makes sense, a supervisor acts and performs the duties of a CSM in their absence (at least that's what the EBA defines us as).

spilla2003

HSC
I'm really interested in the new mobile phones. I'm going to ask around and see if the supervisor can use the CSM's phone whilst the svr is on duty. Only makes sense, a supervisor acts and performs the duties of a CSM in their absence (at least that's what the EBA defines us as).
What possible use would a supervisor need a mobile phone? You're pretty much always within 15m of the service desk, and each register probably has the mics anyway.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
What possible use would a supervisor need a mobile phone? You're pretty much always within 15m of the service desk, and each register probably has the mics anyway.
No and no. I'm talking about times when we're away from the service desk and need to get in contact with the service desk, times when we're on breaks and staff need us, times when i'm busy and need assistance. There are plenty of reasons. None of our registers have PA's. It's completely inadequate. A phone would be very handy.

1000th post yay

nanakid12

HSC
One post till 1000 imathew
How do you see that? It says your post is 13,166th post haha ;)
I reckon we can make it to 1000 pages sometime though :) that'd be epic.

Do you mean to say that with the new phone system, the CSM always takes the portable with them? Cause if so, sounds totally stupid. Our CSM just gives me the portable when he finishes and I put it back on the charger at the end of the night. But we're still with the old system, and no doubt will be for months (possibly years) to come.

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THE OTHER DAY! ha :)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I mean it was Imathews individual 1000th post total. I.e all the posts he has made equals 1000

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Do you mean to say that with the new phone system, the CSM always takes the portable with them? Cause if so, sounds totally stupid. Our CSM just gives me the portable when he finishes and I put it back on the charger at the end of the night. But we're still with the old system, and no doubt will be for months (possibly years) to come.

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THE OTHER DAY! ha :)
Haha thanks. Also, you have mobile phones on the old phone system? :\ These are the new Cisco IP mobiles.
Working Easter Sat, supervising Easter Sunday (though not pub hol rates :( ) and have 7 hours on Monday. Yay money!

BSammy

HSC
pity. i'm supervising saturday night.

also someone asked if i could do their 7am til midday shift. which was tempting bit 12 hours of public holiday rates i haven't done for a while now.

nanakid12

HSC
OHHHHHH I GETS IT! I'm sorry for ever doubting you powlmao.

And yeah we still have the old system, but how come you don't have a phone with the new one? I don't get it.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
9-3 on Saturday
9-2 on Monday
7am- 12 Tuesday

:( so Many early shifts during my holidays. At least I make the money

nanakid12

HSC
And 5/6 hour shifts. Ah well, guess they aren't that bad.

I get to supervise three nights this week (including Thursday), and then operator all of Saturday. That's like 23 hours I think. Or, if you count the pay (cause us QLDers get public holiday rates, apparently), its like 35 hours. Woot.

@BSammy: did you take it?

Forgot to also mention: I finally have access to Everyday Portal! After a year... ha. It's such a feat. But lol at the passwords, CSM was setting it up, "what do you want your password to be?"

dog8water
choice29night
seven2quit

I went with dog8water.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

I get to supervise three nights this week (including Thursday), and then operator all of Saturday. That's like 23 hours I think. Or, if you count the pay (cause us QLDers get public holiday rates, apparently), its like 35 hours. Woot.

Forgot to also mention: I finally have access to Everyday Portal! After a year... ha. It's such a feat. But lol at the passwords, CSM was setting it up, "what do you want your password to be?"

dog8water
choice29night
seven2quit

I went with dog8water.
We just have one account for the whole store lol.
It expired last year :p

britto89

HSC

dog8water
choice29night
seven2quit

I went with dog8water.
Is Everyday Portal just for credit cards? How can you do everyday rewards signup stuff in store? I thought at one stage you could register peoples cards, etc.

BSammy

HSC
@nanakid, nah. i almost wish i did, but i'm going to be exhausted.
i'll stick with the shifts i get.

nanakid12

HSC
We just have one account for the whole store lol.
It expired last year :p
Lulz.

Is Everyday Portal just for credit cards? How can you do everyday rewards signup stuff in store? I thought at one stage you could register peoples cards, etc.
Yeah, that and putting people's SIM/mobile phone details into the system. So much quicker than entering on the checkout. And I think you may also be able to register Everyday Rewards as well. Never had to, never plan to.

@nanakid, nah. i almost wish i did, but i'm going to be exhausted.
i'll stick with the shifts i get.
Yeah, trew that :/

No shifts for me this Saturday :(
Shame to miss out, but not unexpected. Its the 'risk' I take by remaining casual!
Eh.

nanakid12

HSC
YEARSSFHH!!!! :) we are closed Friday, Sunday & Monday. Being in backwards state QLD sometimes has its benefits.

What days are yous open/working?

Urgh last night one of my operators just seemed so pissed at me for no reason. I just love that. It's what I come to work for.
And this old lady I served seemed like the most obvious mystery shopper - if she was. Just the way she talked to me, gawking at my name tag for ages, little things like that. Felt so stupid though, cos she had a big discussion with me about how to get a new EDR card, cos she lost hers, and then, out of habit I asked her "So, you got an everyday rewards card?". Stern glare commenced. Haha

EDIT: Actually maybe she wasn't the mystery shopper... reminding me about EDR card. Hmm.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
YEARSSFHH!!!! :) we are closed Friday, Sunday & Monday. Being in backwards state QLD sometimes has its benefits.

What days are yous open/working?

Urgh last night one of my operators just seemed so pissed at me for no reason. I just love that. It's what I come to work for.
And this old lady I served seemed like the most obvious mystery shopper - if she was. Just the way she talked to me, gawking at my name tag for ages, little things like that. Felt so stupid though, cos she had a big discussion with me about how to get a new EDR card, cos she lost hers, and then, out of habit I asked her "So, you got an everyday rewards card?". Stern glare commenced. Haha

EDIT: Actually maybe she wasn't the mystery shopper... reminding me about EDR card. Hmm.
As a PPT employee, I would much rather work all the public holidays and earn 2.5x than have the day off Mr. Queensland :p
I'm doing 7 hours Saturday, 7 hours svr Sunday (non pub hol :( ) and 7 hours Monday. Yay raking in the money.

Yeah as soon as anybody mentions "I lost my EDR, I need to get another one" I pull out a form, scan it and tell them to link it to their existing account.

nanakid12

HSC
Hey I'm PPT as well! I got to uni and everything (even though its sorta boring), I just would rather spend a few extra days with family this year.

Usually I'm enthusiastic about work, but just at the moment, I'm happy I have a few extra days off :) but yeah the pay is pretty amazing though, after a full-day Saturday I can finally afford to get the massive dent pulled outta my car haha. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)