The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

BSammy

HSC
you can also do the mobile checks on the registers, but it's not the most efficient way to do it
if i'm alone at the smoke shop, i open citrix, serve a customer cigarettes, sign into citrix, serve another customer, click on everyday, serve another customer, etc.

if i do it on the register i can't go back and forth like that,.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I usually do it on Citrix regardless. I can completely finish the entire process before I'd be typing their name in on the registers. I can type extremely fast so that's where that helps. I usually just do it quickly and go back and continue serving, too much hassle to go back and forth.

nanakid12

HSC
Is it easy to get a job at woolworths?
Yes. :)I did up the crappiest ever resume for my first in-store interview, and she liked it so off I went to the induction. :)

EDIT: Just went to a different woolies, one with SCO. I agree, it is so much nicer looking and less complicated. I would have looked so suspicious-looking when I split my payment methods up on the old SCO-POS, adding and cancelling tenders... the new one makes that so much easier :)

Last edited:

Clank_

HSC
I just applied for a replenishment position at the Strathfield Woolworths. 21 with no work experience. How soon do they usually call you after you apply online? I went out to chuck the rubbish and came back to find someone called but didn't leave a message. Wondering if it's them lol.
It was about 1-2 weeks after I applied when I got the call.
Is it easy to get a job at woolworths?
Took me about 6 months of applying to get an interview and subsequent job. Interestingly enough the time when I got the interview I applied for it only hours after it had be posted whereas the other times it had been a few days after. So timing may have an effect on whether you get an interview. Anyway I got rostered for crappy 3.5h shifts this week. I'm thinking it might be payback because I turned down 3 shifts last week because I was sick.

BSammy

HSC
Anyone hear anything about opening hours changing?

Saw this on someones facebook.

"It's a nation wide thing. They are looking into opening some stores later and closing some earlier till the end of the financial year"

nanakid12

HSC
I want a "Woolworths Limited" lanyard, how does one get one?
Why? Just cos? :)

Anyone hear anything about opening hours changing?

Saw this on someones facebook.

"It's a nation wide thing. They are looking into opening some stores later and closing some earlier till the end of the financial year"
That'd be cool, but I dunno whether it'd happen in QLD (or other states like WA or NT for that matter) cause of the backwards trading laws... :3

britto89

HSC
Why? Just cos? :)

That'd be cool, but I dunno whether it'd happen in QLD (or other states like WA or NT for that matter) cause of the backwards trading laws... :3
My store used to have reduced hours on a Sunday (8am till 9pm) during the slow winter months when it was dead however it doesn't do it anymore and trades 7-10pm. The liquor store reduced its opening hours from 8am-11pm after the Christmas/NYE just gone to save money.

nanakid12

HSC
Urgh I am so angry at the moment! So busy tonight and understaffed. I wasn't even supervising but it was still annoyingly stressful. Also slightly annoyed at these cost-cutting measures- I will hardly be doing any supervision shifts (despite, for the past, at least three months being rostered around 3~4 super nights a week) and they're shifting everyone's hours around so it's all to save slight amounts of money. GRR. Operator shifts are great sometimes but seriously I can't stand them when I'm sick, and the customers are there, staring, judging me from the way I sniffle and blow my nose while scanning their stuff.

Any of you lot suffering massive cutbacks?? I keep forgetting how shit it is this time of the year.

I was also going to get cranky about something else but I can't remember what it was haha.

@britto: what state is your store in?? :)

EDIT: important question!! Is it illegal to sell lighters to a minor? My 2ic says it isn't because it doesn't ask to verify age, but I'm still not convinced... any ideas?

Last edited:

britto89

HSC
Urgh I am so angry at the moment! So busy tonight and understaffed. I wasn't even supervising but it was still annoyingly stressful. Also slightly annoyed at these cost-cutting measures- I will hardly be doing any supervision shifts (despite, for the past, at least three months being rostered around 3~4 super nights a week) and they're shifting everyone's hours around so it's all to save slight amounts of money. GRR. Operator shifts are great sometimes but seriously I can't stand them when I'm sick, and the customers are there, staring, judging me from the way I sniffle and blow my nose while scanning their stuff.

Any of you lot suffering massive cutbacks?? I keep forgetting how shit it is this time of the year.

I was also going to get cranky about something else but I can't remember what it was haha.

@britto: what state is your store in?? :)

EDIT: important question!! Is it illegal to sell lighters to a minor? My 2ic says it isn't because it doesn't ask to verify age, but I'm still not convinced... any ideas?
Yeah. My store has cutbacks but its actually suited me well since I've had some assignments due. To answer the question about my store it is in NSW and until a few years ago was near a 24hr Coles so its always traded 7-12am 7 days a week. Even though the coles isn't 24hrs now it still open 7-12am so we match their hours.

In relation to the lighters and matches thing. Its not illegal to my knowledge and if you were to get in trouble for selling them then it wouldn't be on you. firstly the fact that woolworths hasn't flagged them as requiring an age check shows that its not illegal nor is it against company policy(if it was policy not to sell even though its legal they'd still flag it with the age prompt request). secondly all of the cigarette related training we sign off on semi-regularly doesn't mention it being illegal and NSW health states that lighters and matches are not classified as smoking or tobacco products and don't have to be removed from public display.

i think it is the case of a law that got lost in the system similar to the massive uproar a few years back with all of the cooking flavourings and underage drinking.

britto

Clank_

HSC
Anyone else have a sign saying "something BIG is coming" over the board where they put all those store progress charts? I wonder what it is.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Our store is having tremendous cutbacks. Our weekday grids are half a page and we're in a major shopping centre. We have 2 staff at night and that is all.
You can't replace junior shifts if they call in sick, you'll be written up if you go even 15 minutes over the amount of hours the department has allocated.

ANY extra hours must be approved by the store manager. It's fucking unbelievable. It really is.
Hopefully it drops off after the financial year. Whatever it takes to get their bonuses.

BSammy

HSC
if everywhere is happening like that then i hope they were able to get someone cheap and young in to do my shift i just called in sick for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)