The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
In regards to the relaunch and managers working late, how is it going to work?
It's started spreading around the store that they want the 2IC to do 1pm-10pm. How will this fit in with supervisors? They'll have to pay 2 people supervision during the night? :\

bensneddon

HSC
Aveling aren't bad, but I would go for AHA (http://www.ahawa.asn.au).

They are the most authoritative source for liquor licensing stuff in WA outside of DRGL.

The other choice IMO would be Clubs WA.

I did my liquor training through AHA (both RSA and Approved Manager course) and found them to be very good. Mine were both done face to face though, before online courses were offered for the Approved Manager course.

bensneddon

HSC
In regards to the relaunch and managers working late, how is it going to work?
It's started spreading around the store that they want the 2IC to do 1pm-10pm. How will this fit in with supervisors? They'll have to pay 2 people supervision during the night? :\
Not sure how the EBA fits in over east, but in this situation in WA the 2IC would get paid their usual amount (either salary, or Grade 3 EBA wage with in-charge allowance if the CSTM wasn't there) and the other supervisor would get paid the same as a checkout operator (Grade 2 EBA with no in-charge rate)

Clank_

HSC
Sigh, my store is so incompetent. Get rostered on for 3.5h (crap shift), get called to work 3h, turn up at work and they're short hours and the captain asks me to stay back a half hour... As if I would ever do that. What's worse is that all my shifts are now turning to 3h or 3.5h (down from 5h) and the other casuals that work slower than me keep their 5h shifts. Now I pretty much take my time at work (unless there's a reason not to), and even that's faster than some people...

the way to go

HSC
what date is the relaunch planned for?
(pm is cool, sensitive info and what not)

and clank_ i hate that too, but what annoys me even more is 3.75 and 5.75hr shifts
none of them care how good a worker you are, and it sucks. :\

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Not sure how the EBA fits in over east, but in this situation in WA the 2IC would get paid their usual amount (either salary, or Grade 3 EBA wage with in-charge allowance if the CSTM wasn't there) and the other supervisor would get paid the same as a checkout operator (Grade 2 EBA with no in-charge rate)
That's absolutely bullshit.

nanakid12

HSC
I guess that's why our store never states on the contract "Service Supervisor", so they can't be forced to pay us supervision rates (and can reduce us to checkout operator instead of supervisor if they need to save money :p I'm not too worried about it though). I was, however told that National is going to be paying wages for people who help out with the relaunch, instead of it coming outta the store's budget? Hmmm.

Also, I sold someone an Optus recharge today and the receipt didn't cut it (it printed out as like a whole "together" thing, like the SCO used to do). Maybe this was part of the Storeline upgrade last week? Funny thing though, it still cuts Telstra vouchers as a seperate piece of paper.
Hmmmm. Hmm.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I guess that's why our store never states on the contract "Service Supervisor", so they can't be forced to pay us supervision rates (and can reduce us to checkout operator instead of supervisor if they need to save money :p I'm not too worried about it though). I was, however told that National is going to be paying wages for people who help out with the relaunch, instead of it coming outta the store's budget? Hmmm.

Also, I sold someone an Optus recharge today and the receipt didn't cut it (it printed out as like a whole "together" thing, like the SCO used to do). Maybe this was part of the Storeline upgrade last week? Funny thing though, it still cuts Telstra vouchers as a seperate piece of paper.
Hmmmm. Hmm.
The SCO's never printed on the same receipt? And yes, the Optus recharges do it, none of the others do though :(

nanakid12

HSC
Maybe it was when it was with that old software that Big W SCO still uses... NCR or something? I swear I went through SCO at a nearby woolies a while back and it printed on the same receipt.

nanakid12

HSC
Anyone had any instances of the old Woolworths radio still playing? My brother was amazed that our store had Taio Cruz playing the other night, he said their stores radio still plays "Watermelon Man" and "somebody stole my horse", and none of this semi-modern music. I was like whaaaaaaat?!?!?

Then I saw someone post on Facebook a while back that their store in NSW plays Lonely Island and other stuff. Geez, how many radio stations are there?!?!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Anyone had any instances of the old Woolworths radio still playing? My brother was amazed that our store had Taio Cruz playing the other night, he said their stores radio still plays "Watermelon Man" and "somebody stole my horse", and none of this semi-modern music. I was like whaaaaaaat?!?!?

Then I saw someone post on Facebook a while back that their store in NSW plays Lonely Island and other stuff. Geez, how many radio stations are there?!?!
Yeah I remember a few people bitching on the Woolworths FB page recently. Maybe some stores aren't able to get the new radio due to incompatibility or something?
I must say, I love the radio now though. It's fantastic compared.

bensneddon

HSC
Yeah I remember a few people bitching on the Woolworths FB page recently. Maybe some stores aren't able to get the new radio due to incompatibility or something?
I must say, I love the radio now though. It's fantastic compared.
I think the computer that receives the satellite radio caches content, so if there is an issue with signal, cabling or the satellite dish, then the cached content will be played

the way to go

HSC
yeah, we get I'm On A Boat after dark, seriously love the new stuff, i just hope they update it throughout the year so we dont get sick of the same stuff on repeat.

the optus thing has happened once to me, but i just assumed the printer didnt cut it properly (happens a lot at our store) but then again, i've probably only sold 3 optus recharges in the whole time i've worked at woolies

should i be excited for the relaunch? i am, and yet i have no idea whats happening... haha

britto89

HSC

Don't forget the difference in songs is also based on the time of day and shopper demographics at the time. you will notice all the old songs on in the morning on pension thursday i can guarantee it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)