• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

quick90

HSC
We are getting a big sticker chart with everyones names on it. If a manager sees you being positive/smiling you get a sticker next to your name...
Store with the most stickers win 150 movie vouchers.

I sometimes felt like I was working at primary school, but this really takes the cake...

the way to go

HSC
not much else I can say! I dunno if we're pilot or anything, but the sheet specifically says it will only work with visa paywave plus woolies cards and not MasterCard paypass, which seems stupid. no word of pre-swipe remaining either.

nanakid12

HSC
Yeah I noticed all the old songs still play in the morning, I often hear that Bond "Lullaby" song. I'll have to ask him about it, though it ain't that big of a deal I guess... but our store is still at the Jessie J, Taio Cruz, "Party Rock Anthem" LMFAO stage, that's about as modern as our music is now. Hopefully it upgrades soon...

AND WHAT?!?! VISA PAYWAVE?! What a stupid idea.
It won't work with the Scheme Debit cards, or the Paypass cards. EVEN THOUGH all the Woolies Credit Cards use this. So it will already be very limited in who can use it.

I can't wait for the new touch-screen eftpos machines though. Hopefully they somehow get rid of pre-swipe, I hate that.
I always have this belief that people who use pre-swipe, and who swipe their own EDR card are attempting to "control" the transaction themselves. Weird, huh. I always make sure I check these people's bags, just to give them a reminder of who the consumer is and who the person packing their groceries is. Yes, I am THAT crazy. Lol...

Also, new TV advertising for the relaunch will apparently start next Monday, and I was told that the store relaunch would occur on Wednesday. Whether or not that is our store, I am not too sure.

quick90

HSC
Oh yeah just remembered, apparently the relaunch will be announced during 'The Voice' Next week (or maybe the week after, as that would be the 18th?).

So nanakid that would tie in with the monday

Also, I've never seen a touch screen eftpos. where else do they have these?

Last edited:

the way to go

HSC
this is the machine, but the release has black ones not silver :)
http://www.verifone.com/vx-evolution/solutions/vx-820.aspx

the info sheet in our staff room definitely says only visa and Woolies cards.
gunna be annoying having to argue with customers "sorry madam, that only works if you have a visa credit card... no that's a debit card... that ones a MasterCard, that won't work either."
not worth it

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Does anybody else think that the forum on AllYours should allow you to post topics, just like here? They want to expand AllYours and make it a central hub for collaboration and yet nobody can discuss anything on it (unless if somebody from head office has initiated a topic....)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
(any one else noticed how slow receipt-printing is on SCO10?!?!)
Nope? The update has almost doubled the speed of receipt printing for us. E.g. if you press "reprint receipt", it comes out instantly as opposed to a couple of seconds delay on the old software.

nanakid12

HSC
I've actually been thinking... these could be for the future for when NFC mobile payments take off. Maybe. Hopefully. But hopefully they eventually make sense and integrate PayPass into it too...

Does anybody else think that the forum on AllYours should allow you to post topics, just like here? They want to expand AllYours and make it a central hub for collaboration and yet nobody can discuss anything on it (unless if somebody from head office has initiated a topic....)
YES. I have been wondering why they've done this too. :3

quick90

HSC
Also being that they have all your details, It's not like anyone would be trolling.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Everybody should just. One here. I wonder if head office still watches this thread :p I find myself checking it every day now (I think I miss woolies)

the way to go

HSC
the all yours forum isn't really a forum, it's like a north Korean forced communication device. how do they expect to get input or listen to the people that are actually the face of woolworths (not ricki-lee) if there's no way to do so?

I actually havnt noticed any change in the receipt speed... takes the same amount of time to print, and still takes too long to cut the receipt so impatient butt-wipes try to pull it out, tearing the paper and jamming it for the next customer. anyone else have that problem?

I'd be surprised if nobody from corporate watched this thread, it's really the only place where employees CAN talk freely

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I'd be surprised if nobody from corporate watched this thread, it's really the only place where employees CAN talk freely
They do, it was confirmed ages ago, they are aware of this thread (hai corporate!). They'll only watch it to monitor the bad stuff though, as if they care about our good ideas lol.

spilla2003

HSC
the all yours forum isn't really a forum, it's like a north Korean forced communication device. how do they expect to get input or listen to the people that are actually the face of woolworths (not ricki-lee) if there's no way to do so?
I only read the 'forums' to read a certain member's very well-thought out and intelligent posts.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
It's a waste of resources to monitor this thread. I mean none of know anything secret I.e company plans. The worse you get it's a rant about a customer.

Had a pain in the arse customer today. You know how things get put in wrong places because people are lazy?

Someone put a $100 quilt cover on a $50 stand (even though the quilt had a $100 sticker.

Then she bitched on how we gets it at that price because of the law.

God she was so wrong.

nanakid12

HSC
I'm so sick of the people who leave perishable food at the magazine racks. WHY? We usually get hot chooks and deli salads left there aaallllll the time.

And then there's the people who think its funny to put bread back... on top of the capping. There must be some stroppy old cocks that just think we have nothing better to do all day. Like, what is so hard about putting your trolley back in the trolley bay.

(edited out)

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I'd crack the shits and go home.
I work what I'm rostered for/as. Your store may operate differently though. At my store, you get what you're given, so if you're rostered for something, that's what you do.

How does it work that they rostered you for svision and you became an operator? Who supervised then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)