The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

aceer

HSC
Are we supposed to get a 80c pay rise after 4 months? I'm a 17yo casual

oldmanjoe

HSC
N/A
What new uniforms?
Also, we aren't allowed to wear Jeans anymore. Apparently too many customers thought it was untidy etc.
I tried to order a Longlife polo the other day - got an email from Total Image saying that the design was being updated.

Exciting!

sb26

HSC
So apparently the Thursday before Good Friday is one of the busiest days of the year.

Is this everyone's experience? Most people who work 8-5 jobs wouldn't normally have this day off right? They would still be working. What kind of people are going to swarm into the store tomorrow to make it so busy?

Or perhaps the afternoon / evening will be the busiest time. (And on the only day in weeks where I have a morning shift too.)

Neil.

HSC
N/A
Hi, I recently started this thread in the employment sub-forum:
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=300586

Basically:
- Socially awkward/retarded
- Unemployed, no work experience

I just applied for a night fill position at Woolworths in Homebush, Strathfield, North Strathfield, and Burwood online. Submitted my resume, etc.

I have plenty of free time and wouldn't mind working full time. What are my chances of getting this job? Do I have to go in the store and submit my resume?

quick90

HSC
I tried to order a Longlife polo the other day - got an email from Total Image saying that the design was being updated.

Exciting!
I know that Petrol just got new polo's. They are quite nice too! hopefully ours are as well...

Evisceral

HSC
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows whether holiday pay rates apply for Easter Saturday in NSW, and what days in Easter I will get holiday rates for.

Thanks ^^

BSammy

HSC
In NSw you should get easter saturday and monday as holiday. and possibly sunday also.

"Easter Sunday (if legislated, proclaimed or gazetted)" I think it's legislated but i don't live there so I don't care enough to know for sure.

also if we weren't closed on good friday you'd get holiday rates then too.

Evisceral

HSC
In NSw you should get easter saturday and monday as holiday. and possibly sunday also.

"Easter Sunday (if legislated, proclaimed or gazetted)" I think it's legislated but i don't live there so I don't care enough to know for sure.

also if we weren't closed on good friday you'd get holiday rates then too.
Thanks for the info! :) I a mainly interested in holiday rates for Saturday as I am working ten hours that day and it'll be good money if rates apply.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
But will it be like the last set of public holidays where you elect to have it on one of the days but not both?
I hope not, because they're two separate public holidays instead of a substituted public holiday and the real public holiday (Australia day Saturday and Monday) etc.

sb26

HSC
But will it be like the last set of public holidays where you elect to have it on one of the days but not both?
I hope not, because they're two separate public holidays instead of a substituted public holiday and the real public holiday (Australia day Saturday and Monday) etc.
I think Easter is different because the holiday refers to a specific day of the week and not a specific date; e.g. Easter Saturday is always on a Saturday, but Christmas Day is specifically December 25th meaning it could fall on a Monday, Tuesday, etc.

The general gist I got from reading over the EBA is that Saturday and Monday are public holiday 250%, and Sunday is standard 150%.

Evisceral

HSC
I think Easter is different because the holiday refers to a specific day of the week and not a specific date; e.g. Easter Saturday is always on a Saturday, but Christmas Day is specifically December 25th meaning it could fall on a Monday, Tuesday, etc.

The general gist I got from reading over the EBA is that Saturday and Monday are public holiday 250%, and Sunday is standard 150%.
Thanks all, I really hope the above is true, if anyone could come up with cold hard facts to sate my pessimistic hungers I'd be very grateful, so far so good! :)

BSammy

HSC
They ARE two separate holidays. If you work both you will be paid holiday rate for both.

BSammy

HSC
Thanks all, I really hope the above is true, if anyone could come up with cold hard facts to sate my pessimistic hungers I'd be very grateful, so far so good! :)
It's true. there should be a letter from the union in the tea room explaining the days.

the way to go

HSC
I wouldn't take too much on the new design for the nightfall polos, the last "design update" for normal frontend shirts was just changing them to say "Australia's Fresh Food People", and they probably sell less nightfall shirts so it's only now that they're being updated as they only just ran out of stock of the old ones.

and yep, NSW:
2.5x on BOTH Saturday and Monday.
1.5x your contracted hours on Sunday.
All stores closed on Friday and Sunday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)