The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

NinjaDrummer

HSC
I'll bite. Mad story time.

Me = Duty Manager, 9pm. Had a lady ring up the store, wants to speak to a female. I told her I was the fulltime Duty Manager and that anything she needed could be handled by me professionally. She explains how her pregnancy test didn't work, apparently her test was supposed to show either negative or positive and it showed neither. I told her to come in and I'd give her give her new one...go to Liquor, ask for Ninja and we can sort everything out with the least amount of people being aware.

She comes in 5 mins later, picks a new test. Hands me a plastic bag which I grab without thinking. Asked her what was in it, she replied: "Oh, that was the defective pregnancy test".

Oh man, the amount of bricks I almost shat. She walks off with new test, I'm standing there like I'm holding nuclear material, frantically trying to come up with a plan of quick and final disposal. Almost used a bottle of the spray disinfectant hahaha!

Plenty more stories where that came from, might make it a Thursday afternoon thing for you guys if you're interested. "Storytime with Ninja?"

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
That's a good story, more employees should post their stories here.

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
^ You're weird mate.

And Ninja, that is so disgusting! I thought it was bad finding the packaging for a pregnancy test out the front of the shop's public toilet one day.... but ewwwww lol.

Last edited:

Katebrunner

HSC
I'll bite. Mad story time.

Me = Duty Manager, 9pm. Had a lady ring up the store, wants to speak to a female. I told her I was the fulltime Duty Manager and that anything she needed could be handled by me professionally. She explains how her pregnancy test didn't work, apparently her test was supposed to show either negative or positive and it showed neither. I told her to come in and I'd give her give her new one...go to Liquor, ask for Ninja and we can sort everything out with the least amount of people being aware.

She comes in 5 mins later, picks a new test. Hands me a plastic bag which I grab without thinking. Asked her what was in it, she replied: "Oh, that was the defective pregnancy test".

Oh man, the amount of bricks I almost shat. She walks off with new test, I'm standing there like I'm holding nuclear material, frantically trying to come up with a plan of quick and final disposal. Almost used a bottle of the spray disinfectant hahaha!

Plenty more stories where that came from, might make it a Thursday afternoon thing for you guys if you're interested. "Storytime with Ninja?"
Is your name really ninja in real life!?

bernie14

HSC
What would you guys do if people of a certain race kept coming into the store, coming straight into the self serve area, and started rifling through the bins placed next to each machine for receipts with fuel vouchers at the bottom of them? Tell them off or look the other way?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
What would you guys do if people of a certain race kept coming into the store, coming straight into the self serve area, and started rifling through the bins placed next to each machine for receipts with fuel vouchers at the bottom of them? Tell them off or look the other way?
Tell them to find a job

Katebrunner

HSC
What does their race have to do with it?

bernie14

HSC
What does their race have to do with it?
Because it is consistent across the few people that do it.

And because I am a self-confessed racist. I think most at our store have been driven to feeling the same way due to their antics and behaviour.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
What is with you and stories bro? More than happy to oblige every now and then, be patient. :)
Your story is my daily dose of medicine.

It looks like Bernie is also on,

Bernie could you tell us a story?

NinjaDrummer

HSC
There was that one time around 9pm when Ninja was doing Duty. The hot water service above the deli exploded, roof nearly caved in and Ninja got a little wet shutting off the water pipes.

Fruitym8

HSC
So guys i got a job working in Produce at woolies about a month ago and im finding it pretty sweet, have been chucked in the deep end with the hours though with around 20 hours a week (im 16 years old) 5 hour shifts after school and 9 hours on Saturday.

At our store we have 4 people working in produce with one person working mornings (sometimes with the manager) and the other guy only works saturdays so this leaves me too close up on the days i work.

So to the question, i have family coming down next week and i want to have 3 days off, but i feel bad as this means they would need to find someone new to close up. Am i allowed to take the 3 days off?? Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)