The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
I can't be bothered arguing with them ha. Some lady was arguing with me about not earning points on her smokes, I gave up because "clearly" she was right (I don't argue with stupid people).

Yeah I am a supervisor. And one hour?!?! Holy crap!!! Is that by car?

Bernie what state are you in that lets you serve your cigarettes at Express? I miss those days [emoji20] caused a lot less arguments and frustration.

And yes that is extremely frustrating, the bags! I don't say anything, I just pile them on top of their other groceries, carefully of course. It also frustrates me people who stand in the queue for ages and don't unpack their basket. Or people who stand way back at the end of the register and don't put their stuff up until the person before them has payed for their groceries (it makes the queue look longer than it should).

And yeah! It's on Storenet, you just input the store number :)
How do you guys handle people that bring their card back in with their receipt for us to load the points on, like for when they didn't scan their card? I just tell them they have to call the number on the back of their card, even though I don't think they can do anything...
I have done a DISC DUMP -> front of store -> (same amount they paid) -> *scanned card* -> CASH, then refunded the sale back to add it on, but I have only done that one time when the lady was literally off her chops about it...
You can now ring EDR and they will load the points on. It has to be a staff member I think. Our CSM told us it changed the other week and we have done it a couple of times. When ringing EDR press 1 for New Card as otherwise you won't get through to anyone and explain who you are, the card number and how many points/shopping value and they add it on.

So much better!!

nanakid12

HSC
Victoria.

And I think when a customer makes a complaint about not scanning rewards card, we refund the whole transaction, re-scan it, and just scan the card that way. I think..

Earn and Learn stickers started yesterday. YAYYYY!!! :(
Even if it's a $400 order?
I have only done that once, never again. Refunded a $160 order and put it though again. When you do a refund transaction, it does not take into account multi buy specials and some ordinary specials, so the till ended up being like $40 over all week because we didn't do it properly. I hadn't been supervising for long at the time though.
I will try the EDR helpline next time though, cheers for that!

And Earn. And. Learn. [emoji20][emoji379]

Brad727

HSC
Cool to know my store is in the top 10 in Australia in terms of profit and is the largest in Australia in size. lol
Yeah, takes an hour by public transport or 30 mins by car.
After the probationary period, does your hourly rate go up?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Guys last Thursday there weren't any stories posted, could we possibly post some today? And yes I know its not Thursday which is story day.

nanakid12

HSC
Have you read notalwaysright.com ? That's got some good stories.

Oh okay. Which city is your store in? My commute is 17 minutes by car.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I prefer Woolworths stories by current or ex-Woolworths employees

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I need a story come on!!!!

Any stories on Coles VS Woolworths rivalry!?

nanakid12

HSC
Most expensive thing I've dropped would be a 10 pack of kirks lemonade which exploded all over the aisle ha.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I was expecting a response like 'I've dropped my ASM before' because the ASM is expensive amirite?

Brad727

HSC
I was talking to a duty manager, who also does service supervision shifts and apparently a while-ago a customer had to take refuge in the store because people outside where threatening him with knives, not something id expect in a high socio-economic suburb. haha Police where called ect.

nanakid12

HSC
Story time, okay!! I went to work, put my phone and wallet in my locker and clocked on.
Walked out to the front, was greeted by the CSM and 2ic. CSM told me I had to have return stock put away tonight, and to ensure staff filled the drinks properly. I said yes. He said goodbye and left.
The 2ic asked me to get trollies. I did. When I came back inside, she finished. I said goodbye. She said bye.
I filled the cigarettes while also serving the cigarettes and express. Everyone seemed happy and we were busy.
So around 6 now, and it was time: I sent my first operator on her break. I asked for her closed sign, which she handed over and I put on the end of her register. She left and bought an apple I think. The other operators bought a butter chicken, and a bag of chips for their breaks.
Once breaks were all done, I finished filling the cigarettes and told the operators to get the drink cage and put stock away. Which, they did. The cleaning was also done and bags filled to the required amount.
So, almost the end of the night and I figure we need to spot check. So I do them. And pack them up to take to the office.
By this time it's the end of the night, so we cover the potatoes for the produce people and clock off. I remember to get my wallet and phone. I say goodbye to the duty manager as she lets me out of the store and drive home.

End of story time.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Story time, i knocked off a carton of apple juice (3 or 4 bottles worth). And this was in the cooler/freezer room. And the mop was fkd. So its kinda sticky in there now. And it won't evaporate either bahahagaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)