The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Zakaev said:
lol yeah ok enjoy your naruto and bleach u perverted anime freak.
i have nfi on how watching naruto/bleach qualifies you for being a "perverted anime freak".

but seriously, headoffice people don't work on weekends I think. Head office are the ones that decide whether or not someone gets the job. Chill out.
Apply at other place. no need to whinge about not getting a job. I've been rejected by several employers. do i whinge? no. I just keep my head high and keep on going on.

greekgun

HSC
Zakaev said:
lol yeah ok enjoy your naruto and bleach u perverted anime freak.
How does me liking Bleach and Naruto make me a "perverted anime freak"?

And if you know the names of the animes by a glimce of the characters, u must watch the anime making u a "perverted anime freak". So if ur ganna be a childish dick get the fuck outa here.

born2b

HSC
born2b said:
LOL now thats exactly what i did lol

it was fken busy as that day anyway- last customer until lunch break worked 5/8 hourrs straight and then i ring that damn bell and no one comes

i entred the code and the next day i got caught coz lol that person wasnt working that day!!!:ninja:

got councelled the next day they FORCED! me to resign coz i didnt have a nice record anyways.. multiple councellings so they made me resign on the spot or they would fire me! thats not what had made me scared they said ohh we could have Loss prevention in here so i just said ok u know ill sign

anyways called union they had a talk they said they will help me out

i had a transfer in for dick smith one month before and union said help with my transfer

then i was told by the boss it will be done int 2 weeks etc.. kept doing that for 2 months

now 6 months later

then i just gave up.. should i go back? because i was full on forced and im jobless and i have tried nearly every online job around:mad:
i was looking for some advice when i wrote this ... and everybody just ignored... or didnt see this

lol any advice seriously>

if somebody doesnt change the topic now it would be helppfull

cheers

adistar85us

HSC
true, but sometimes its the backstabbing that gets to you. Theres this one bloke who works nightfill that absolutely loves to backstab the other workers (myself included). Worse, he sucks up to higher management, prolly looking for a promotion cos hes been there for 4 years. I wanna ring his neck (outside work hours of course).

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
born2b said:
i was looking for some advice when i wrote this ... and everybody just ignored... or didnt see this

lol any advice seriously>

if somebody doesnt change the topic now it would be helppfull

cheers
should have stood your ground, got fired, then called the union, if you resign there's not a lot you can do i'm afraid. forced or not, a resignation is a resignation. you could TRY the union, but wouldnt fancy your chances

born2b

HSC
townie said:
should have stood your ground, got fired, then called the union, if you resign there's not a lot you can do i'm afraid. forced or not, a resignation is a resignation. you could TRY the union, but wouldnt fancy your chances
i did call the union and they decided to get back to me after 2 weeks coz the main person was on holidays - after i resigned

now that someone is interested in the situation i can shed some more light

i have been calling the store manager and have been in touch for the last 4 months calling say once every fortnight .. now there is a position in a store that is opening in 2 weeks... i have asked him for the past 4 months for a position in the store...

in the last 2 months he has been acting as if he is taking action ie. i will call the other store manager and talk to HR- which i think is absolute bshit... anyways, now im going to call him tommorow coz im afraid that they will hire by the time in 2 weeks that the store opens now...

i will call the union tommorow to see exactly where i stand - which will probably be nowhere and i will probably nag my way into it if i can...

now i am very confused on what i can possibly do to help myself... i know anybody else in this situation would have pulled themself out long long ago but meh,

cheers on the quick reply

EDIT: i know they cudnt really have fired me right now but i was stupid at the time i was stressed and hence .. made a decision that i regret.. i did not choose a witness so they would not make an example of me.... and thats exactly what they did.. i thought it would be more unofficial if i didnt make a huge deal about it anyway . been in many councellings so i was used to it...

Last edited:

tillllly

HSC
adistar85us said:
has anyone experienced workplace politics (backstabbing, gossipping etc) in their line of work at woolies? Its pretty bad at my place (Id rather not say which)
, every employee and supervisor backstabs each other and worse their chums face to face. :bomb:
omg!
my woolies is exactly like that, well its basically all of the register people against all of the supervisors and potential supervisors (everyone knows who they are)

arghh

the girls are especially bad. I basically hate everyone i work with because they hate me.... grr...
but i told my supervisor that "schoolyard bitchyness wasnt in my fucking job description".... yeah... its really upseting when u find out your the one being tossed about though

CieL

HSC
tillllly said:
omg!
my woolies is exactly like that, well its basically all of the register people against all of the supervisors and potential supervisors (everyone knows who they are)
lol well that's petty.
You store must run like shit then.

adistar85us

HSC
tillllly said:
omg!

arghh

the girls are especially bad. I basically hate everyone i work with because they hate me.... grr...
but i told my supervisor that "schoolyard bitchyness wasnt in my fucking job description".... yeah... its really upseting when u find out your the one being tossed about though
thats pretty bad ey. Its pretty similar in my workplace with the women but they usually kiss and make up and get along most days. The bloke I mentioned in my previous post though aint no woman but a fat dude whose been working woolies for 3 years as a nightfill (dropped out at year 10 I think). Loves to gossip/backstab and tell shit stories about all workers to the bosses.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
born2b said:
i did call the union and they decided to get back to me after 2 weeks coz the main person was on holidays - after i resigned

now that someone is interested in the situation i can shed some more light

i have been calling the store manager and have been in touch for the last 4 months calling say once every fortnight .. now there is a position in a store that is opening in 2 weeks... i have asked him for the past 4 months for a position in the store...

in the last 2 months he has been acting as if he is taking action ie. i will call the other store manager and talk to HR- which i think is absolute bshit... anyways, now im going to call him tommorow coz im afraid that they will hire by the time in 2 weeks that the store opens now...

i will call the union tommorow to see exactly where i stand - which will probably be nowhere and i will probably nag my way into it if i can...

now i am very confused on what i can possibly do to help myself... i know anybody else in this situation would have pulled themself out long long ago but meh,

cheers on the quick reply

EDIT: i know they cudnt really have fired me right now but i was stupid at the time i was stressed and hence .. made a decision that i regret.. i did not choose a witness so they would not make an example of me.... and thats exactly what they did.. i thought it would be more unofficial if i didnt make a huge deal about it anyway . been in many councellings so i was used to it...
you could call regional/area HR directly, are you region 8 per chance?

born2b

HSC
im not sure what region i am

according to this
http://www.woolworths.com.au/resources/region+07+-++area+mgrs+breakup.pdf

its region 7

hmm calling union tommorow because i dont want to let this position go... but it is quiet far from me but i want my foot in the door

HR or store manager ? i have no clue atm?

but the store i want to go to cough is a bit far from me i want to go to a closer one but they arent hiring atm..

but i really want the security of woolies back and the shit pay lol

btw i get 12 an hour at nandos and at woolies i can possibly get 7.5 an hour but id rather woolies

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
born2b said:
im not sure what region i am

according to this
http://www.woolworths.com.au/resources/region+07+-++area+mgrs+breakup.pdf

its region 7

hmm calling union tommorow because i dont want to let this position go... but it is quiet far from me but i want my foot in the door

HR or store manager ? i have no clue atm?

but the store i want to go to cough is a bit far from me i want to go to a closer one but they arent hiring atm..

but i really want the security of woolies back and the shit pay lol

btw i get 12 an hour at nandos and at woolies i can possibly get 7.5 an hour but id rather woolies
woah, how'd you find that address? i didnt know you could get Storenet stuff from home

born2b

HSC
google baby :D

lol i had no idea either google goes soo deepp soo deeppp

do you have any authority in woolies @ Townie? ie hr or managing?

.. now lol what can i do

i have this thing where i have to be told what to do lolz..

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
born2b said:
google baby :D

lol i had no idea either google goes soo deepp soo deeppp

do you have any authority in woolies @ Townie? ie hr or managing?

.. now lol what can i do

i have this thing where i have to be told what to do lolz..
office cashier, thats about it

jess241

HSC
Herro

Ooh i ended up getting the job. And went to induction saturday hung over as shit but oh well...phew.

2nd induction tomorrow and first instore shift thursday.....how did everyone go with their first shifts as a cashier? What was the most difficult thing and how long does it take to get the hang of it?

I'm sure it's different with everyone but yeah.....just freaking out i guess!

Thanks cheerio:)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
born2b said:
sooo... any recommendations on what i should do?
like i said, union or HR, you'll just have to wing it, because they dont really owe you a job, all you've really got going for you is that they wont have to spend as much time training you

Zakaev

HSC
N/A
At the group interview i accidently gave them my original birth certificate and australia citizenship certificate. Do you think they will give it back if i ring them?

greekgun

HSC
Zakaev said:
At the group interview i accidently gave them my original birth certificate and australia citizenship certificate. Do you think they will give it back if i ring them?
Im pretty sure u will be able to get them back if u asked. Im not sure how u gave them the originals by mistake...i just gave them photocopies. But worst case scenario: u will have to go to the goverment and get a reprint. But that could take a very very long time as the goverment are slack.

Zakaev

HSC
N/A
what makes things worst is that i was born in the philipines so i recon there is no hope getting my birth certificate back from there lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)