The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

Harry778

HSC
I told my Service Manager about the chick that doesnt mark of the smokes properly. She's GONE! Not yet but she's gonna be taken upstairs tomorrow. It's a shame coz she was really good at smokeshop, obviously not with the load though. Me and her where both learning supervision and she was good at that too. We both used to do every second weekend, it was so fun coz all the other young staff where there on the weekends and than when we where doing it, I flet it was a more relaxed environment coz we werent mean and work was more fun.

There would be a supervisor open from 6.30-11.30 on sat then I would be 10am to 7pm and she would come at 11am finish at 7pm also. I think they put us together coz we where learning. Ohh well by myslef now :(

He (my service manager) said I did the rite thing. I feel bad for dobbing her in, she clearly knows who it was coz I was the only person she told.. :((((

sendreplyfwd

HSC
N/A
Harry778 said:
I feel bad for dobbing her in, she clearly knows who it was coz I was the only person she told.. :((((
Don't feel bad. She broke company policy and clearly knew what she was doing was wrong.

If you hadn't of told anyone and Woolworths later found out your employment could of been terminated as well as hers.

Evolution2006

HSC
just realized that my work have been taxing me way 2much, I Earn

Earnings
Before Tax=$878 Per Week
Tax =$243 Per Week
Tax Home =$627

I just checked some current tax rates and i my current tax should be less,

2day i will be getting my tax changed but it will peoably take whole week to get changed, My new Rate should Be This:

New Rate

Before Tax
$878

Tax
$161

Take Home
$717

the only bad thing i will not get a massive tax money back, once i get this done.

ytrbut

HSC
Evolution2006 said:
just realized that my work have been taxing me way 2much, I Earn

Earnings
Before Tax=$878 Per Week
Tax =$243 Per Week
Tax Home =$627

I just checked some current tax rates and i my current tax should be less,

2day i will be getting my tax changed but it will peoably take whole week to get changed, My new Rate should Be This:

New Rate

Before Tax
$878

Tax
$161

Take Home
$717

the only bad thing i will not get a massive tax money back, once i get this done.
Which reminds me, I still need to claim my tax from last financial year...

ytrbut

HSC
@KaaN10: I'm basing my figures below off the South Australian award, because that's my one. Don't know what your one is, but I'm going to suggest it would be pretty similar.

At the moment you're earning 9.69 per hour on the SA award (Grade 1 [probation and trolleys] = 614.25/week, divide by 38 for per hour, multiply by 0.5 because you're under 17 years of age, then multiply by 1.2 because you're casual). For a five-hour shift, that's 48.50.

You will most likely become a Grade 2 employee at the end of your probation, which will mean 643.05/week (for SA at least). That would be the equivalent of 10.15/hr for you on casual 15yo rates, which is 50.75 for a five hour shift. Not much difference, really.

Townie, being our resident invoice officer, might have some corrections for the above, but it's my best guess.

mitch179

HSC
KaaN10 said:
Thanks.

How many grades are their and do I get higher grade by time?
I believe at Woolworths, there are 6 grades, (I could be wrong)

Grade 1 is Probationary.
Grade 2 is After Probation for just normal assistants. (Service Cashiers, Produce Assistant, Pershiables, Longlife etc.)
Grade 3 and onwards are for supervisors and management etc.
So you will only get a higher grade if you get promoted.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ytrbut said:
Which reminds me, I still need to claim my tax from last financial year...
yeah, why bother changing, i would much rather the approx $4k tax refund at tax time, rather than the extra $80 per week

ytrbut

HSC
Grade 1:
(a) General cleaning;
(b) Shopping trolley collection;
(c) New employees shall be on this grade for a period of 4 months

Grade 2:
(a) Making direct sales to the public and in doing so accepts or arranges payment for goods sold;
(b) Weighing, price marking, wrapping, packaging;
(c) Cake decorating, other than one main Cake Decorator per store;
(d) Replenishing and/or maintaining stocks of goods;
(e) Generally assisting on the floor of the shop other than as a Grade 3;
(f) Restocking fixtures, fixture assembly, stock ordering and stock preparation;
(g) Store refit duties;
(h) Stocktake duties.

Grade 3:
(a) Slicing, cutting or trimming fresh red meat with a knife after the meat has been removed from the bone by a Butcher. Slicing work shall not include any deboning of meat or the breaking of any bones;
(b) Security duties associated with the protection of the employer's assets and which may involve the inspection of employees and/or customers' bags;
(c) Clerical duties in relation to invoices or Ezy Banking;

Grade 4:
(a) Store Recruitment Officer;
(b) The main designated Cake Decorator for the store, providing such person is qualified in that they hold a certificate in cake decorating.
(c) Non-salaried Second-in-Charge of a Department: eg Groceries, Perishables, Customer Service, Nightfill.
(d) Area Training Champion
(e) Auto-stocker / Inventory Controller

Grade 5:
Any employee engaged in all or any of the following classes of work:
(a) Systems Operator;
(b) Office Cashier;
(c) Non-salaried Department Manager: eg Produce, Seafood, Meat, Bakehouse, Long-life, Service Deli, Liquor, Customer Service.
(d) Head Reserve Stockhand.

Grade 6:
Tradesperson.

ytrbut

HSC
townie said:
yeah, why bother changing, i would much rather the approx $4k tax refund at tax time, rather than the extra $80 per week
Indeed. It's like an unexpected present around the time that University finishes :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ytrbut said:
@KaaN10: I'm basing my figures below off the South Australian award, because that's my one. Don't know what your one is, but I'm going to suggest it would be pretty similar.

At the moment you're earning 9.69 per hour on the SA award (Grade 1 [probation and trolleys] = 614.25/week, divide by 38 for per hour, multiply by 0.5 because you're under 17 years of age, then multiply by 1.2 because you're casual). For a five-hour shift, that's 48.50.

You will most likely become a Grade 2 employee at the end of your probation, which will mean 643.05/week (for SA at least). That would be the equivalent of 10.15/hr for you on casual 15yo rates, which is 50.75 for a five hour shift. Not much difference, really.

Townie, being our resident invoice officer, might have some corrections for the above, but it's my best guess.
it just so happens i have the official woolworths sheet on NSW wages in front of me and a Grade 2 15 yr old casual gets 8.2643 per hr in NSW, so clearly NSW employees being ripped off

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
ytrbut said:
Indeed. It's like an unexpected present around the time that University finishes :)
but then the ATO gets the interest instead of you! i'd much rather keep it for myself

ytrbut

HSC
townie said:
it just so happens i have the official woolworths sheet on NSW wages in front of me and a Grade 2 15 yr old casual gets 8.2643 per hr in NSW, so clearly NSW employees being ripped off
Heh. What's the base adult rate for a Grade 2? Maybe I'm just calculating it wrong.

(I can't access the NSW EBA, but only the SA one.)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ytrbut said:
Heh. What's the base adult rate for a Grade 2? Maybe I'm just calculating it wrong.

(I can't access the NSW EBA, but only the SA one.)

mitch179

HSC
KaaN10 said:
My mates that are also 15 are saying that they get like $12 an hour at shops like IGA, Fresh plus and at KFC/McDonalds/Hungry Jacks.

Does Safeway underpay....
They are probably BS'ing.

I know for a fact that 15 year olds at Hungry Jacks get approximately $8.00 now. (My brother is a manager there and said they just got a pay rise)

And I have a friend who works at IGA and is 15, and he is on like $8.31/hr so either they are BS'ing or something happened overnight :p

HSC
Please, please someone answer me this:

Do you do any end of day shifts on self serve registers? ie. emptying them

ytrbut

HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
Please, please someone answer me this:

Do you do any end of day shifts on self serve registers? ie. emptying them
Townie does :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ytrbut said:
Heh. No 2010 refit yet? :)
pffft, a store with 260k weekly sales probably will be waiting well past 2010 to get our refit, hell, we were one of the last to get WoWPoS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)