The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

mitch179

HSC
Just out of curiosity, why do they call it the 2010 refit?
Is it because they aim to get all stores looking that way by 2010?
i.e with self serve checkouts and the new express.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
KaaN10 said:
I have about 10 mates that want a job at my store, but their is no jobs available on the site ever. Can I take them to take manager and ask if they can work or do they have to do it online.
Just tell dept manager that your friends are interested in working at woolies, and you're wondering if there's any positions available in the store.

Ask differnet mangers as well. Deli si always in need of people especially coming up to xmas.

calumcoventry

McAwesome
HSC
hey everyone,

with the new 2010 refit r we all goin 2 b gettin new uniforms? bcoz i h8 the 1s we have atm. they r crappily made. my one has threads comin off it all over the place.

Evolution2006

HSC
calumcoventry said:
hey everyone,

with the new 2010 refit r we all goin 2 b gettin new uniforms? bcoz i h8 the 1s we have atm. they r crappily made. my one has threads comin off it all over the place.
if we do get a new uniforn , because safeway turning into woolies i really hope they don't f*** the the logo on shirt, yes the current shirts are pathic i had to get some new ones just resently they are bad very bad.

mitch179 said:
Just out of curiosity, why do they call it the 2010 refit?
Is it because they aim to get all stores looking that way by 2010?
i.e with self serve checkouts and the new express.
of what ive heard yes they want to do all they stores done by 2010 and probably straight after that they be doing the renaming process i gather

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
Re: woolies uestion

i work at coles but im sure it will be similar. im unavailable from the 14th - 29th dec. my boss wasnt happy when i told her, asked if xmas was mentioned when i was hired (like christmas casual kinda thing i guess). anyway i just explained to her that if it wasnt for my cousin getting married in qld i wouldnt be asking for time off at all. i gave her i guess 3.5months notice or something like that - told her in september. she wasnt happy about it, but i've been there nearly 5months now. i wasn't hired as a christmas casual either. i like to think i've got a pretty good reputation there tho in terms of commitment to work and such and my boss seems to be over it.

HSC
We're not getting a new uniform anytime soon, as if in not the next year and a half at least.

And kaan10, don't reccommend people to your manager. Maybe to your dept manager, but even then don't expect anything. When people come in asking for jobs we honestly can't do anything and tell them that. Then if they beg to just take their resume we do and throw it straight in the bin.

So no self serve closers??? Just coz we went live Thursday, that night the supervisor didn't get out till 11.30 (we close at 10) and the next night I did it and got out at 11.15. Theres just a ridiculous amount of shit to do and we wanna find a faster way to do it as I really don't like getting out at 11.15 on a Friday night even I do get overtime.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
We're not getting a new uniform anytime soon, as if in not the next year and a half at least.

And kaan10, don't reccommend people to your manager. Maybe to your dept manager, but even then don't expect anything. When people come in asking for jobs we honestly can't do anything and tell them that. Then if they beg to just take their resume we do and throw it straight in the bin.

So no self serve closers??? Just coz we went live Thursday, that night the supervisor didn't get out till 11.30 (we close at 10) and the next night I did it and got out at 11.15. Theres just a ridiculous amount of shit to do and we wanna find a faster way to do it as I really don't like getting out at 11.15 on a Friday night even I do get overtime.
Who said that?

My manager said that if we have anybody who is looking for a job to tell her. My mum was lookin for a job, so i referred her to my manager and now she's got a job.

HSC
meow-says-kitty said:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of things do you need to do?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
was anybody else's store totally fucked over by the latest upgrade?

sendreplyfwd

HSC
N/A
townie said:
Do you mean WoWPOS software update. If that's what you mean then yes their has been some widespread issues including but no limited to having no EFTPOS on some registers, or having no signature verification being available (ie. every card has to have a PIN or it won't work). Also my personal favourite, having no scanners (express and liquor were the ones affected by this, although liquor wasn't too bad as they just had a 'carton only' register cause they are all in the computer)

peterperthh

HSC
townie said:
yeh, apparently a few checkouts were refusing to approve credit cards today.
Which is all well and good now, but if it happened christmas eve and all 20
checkouts werent open it would hit the fan so to speak..

Also, our store is trialling the unit-pricing system. Should see it across all stores before christmas.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
peterperthh said:
Also, our store is trialling the unit-pricing system. Should see it across all stores before christmas.
Whats the unit-pricing system??

it's me

HSC
hey guys. i'm new here but have been working at woolies for just over a year as a check out chick. i also am a self serve supervisor when needed.

Originally Posted by meow-says-kitty

meow-says-kitty, i do close self serve usually once or twice a week. what would you like to know?

peterperthh

HSC
ekul444 said:
Whats the unit-pricing system??
Where they have the price 'per 100g' or 'per 100ml' on the ticket as well.
Say you have say 3 different packets of the same biscuits from different brands, and each packet holds a different weight.

For example:

_______________________________________PRICE________UNIT PRICE
Choc chip cookies: Home brand 500g:__________$2.50__________'50c/100g'
Choc chip cookies: Arnotts 400g:______________$2.25__________'56c/100g'
Choc chip cookies: Cadbury 850g:_____________$5.10__________'60c/100g'

Here you might think because you are buying a bigger packet that you are
saving money, but you might not be.

So you know which one is better value for money without having to bring a calculator shopping with you.

Obviously people prefer certain products over others, so most people will just keep buying the one they like. Its going to become law for all supermarkets to provide this information soon so woolies is getting a head start on that.

Last edited:
HSC
Thats a good idea, the unit pricing system.

Yeah townie our store is fucked from the upgrade.

'Its me', yes please help me lol. I hate it.

Ok Shinji your store is obviously different and probably better in regards to hiring people. At our store we don't do anything.

Ekul444, I was a supervisor before doing self serve as well. Some people in our store weren't supervisors but became s/s attendants. Maybe just say you your dep manager that if she's looking for more attendants you would like to become one.

mlee72

HSC
townie said:
Yes very much so i was spot checking with my 2IC and every single register was over thousands of dollars some customer scammed us for $15 cause we couldn't prove the change dispute.

mlee72

HSC
@ Meow - says - kitty
So do all supervisors become self serve supervisors?
is it the same as registers (E.G. if you have supervisor Numbers on WOWPoS do you have them on self serve?)
Does the office cashier empty / count the money at the end of the night?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)