The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
I've had my shifts cut back as well, from 24 to 8 hours. I asked my manager about this last week, and he said he'd get me some work in another department, but all he manages to do is get me one more shift on Wednesday, and despite telling him I'm available every day now that uni's over, he's still given me just 8 hours next week.

Thing is, he's just hired another person in the same week that my hours were cut back, so he's clearly not trying to reduce costs.

I guess I'll have to speak with him, or the SM, about getting some form of work, because I can't pay rent if I don't work at least 3 days.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
no wages cut-back at my store *shrugs*

and Trampoline Man, if you rely on work for rent shouldnt you be on PPT?

PSAG

HSC
townie said:
also, PSAG, most 2IC's are non-salaried and therefore are EBA staff, not sure how much Petrol/BWS pays, but a 2IC of a woolworths department would be on $677.41 before tax.

Salaried Employees earn anywhere from 750 p.w. to 1500 p.w. in my experience + christmas bonuses
Cheers man. I'll be looking into it and if I get any info I'll chuck it in this thread.

Looks like I'm the only one from Petrol?

mlee72

HSC
Evolution2006 said:
Just wondering, how long a replacement discount card takes, i handed in a form to get a replacement and it still hasn't turned up, whats the deal?
Replacment cards are only issued once every financial year

Harry778

HSC
Hey townie, I was just wondering what your sotres trading hours are?
Coz I read that you only have 5 AISLES! are you open sunday?
How much you make a week?

Fucking!
Today when my draw was counted it was $30 short and she goes 'its a weird ammount' and i'm like why is it?
she replies coz it a 20 and a 10 not just a 20
So she must reckon I fuckin stole it!
Anyway, what will happen now?

henry08

HSC
N/A
How do I get a job at Woolworths? How logn does it take from the tiem you apply to the tiem you start working?

HSC
Yeah mitch179, he is ridiculously weird.

Yeah PSAG speak to your manager about it. I'm sure you can move up.

I think Town Hall is the biggest store in Australia? One in the city anyway... I wanna go there lol.

HSC
Our hours have been cut back heaps yeah.

Harry778, it may have already been out. But if it wasn't, I don't think she'd imply you stole it unless you're a dodgy kinda person lol. At our store, if someone loses $30 usually the department manager will just mention it to them and tell them to be careful. But if its over $50 then they'll get counselled by the store manager.

I never understood getting counselled by the SM, I've never had to, but wtf would they say apart from 'don't fuck up'?

PSAG

HSC
Once I had to open up at 5am and I made this mistake of getting very drunk the night before and slept through my alarm. Ended up opening 30 mins late and had to be counselled by my manager. It pretty much equated to "I know you feel bad for it, sign here to say we had a talk about it".

The one thing that puts me off progressing with Woolworths is that I don't want to be stuck managing stores for 30 years. I want to progress even further than that, but I guess that comes down to how good I am and a bit of luck too.

mlee72

HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
Our hours have been cut back heaps yeah.

Harry778, it may have already been out. But if it wasn't, I don't think she'd imply you stole it unless you're a dodgy kinda person lol. At our store, if someone loses $30 usually the department manager will just mention it to them and tell them to be careful. But if its over $50 then they'll get counselled by the store manager.

I never understood getting counselled by the SM, I've never had to, but wtf would they say apart from 'don't fuck up'?
Wow at our store if you are under $20 you get formally counseled if its under $50 then Loss prevention is contacted!. i suppose its cause our register results suck we loose about $370 due to till shortages

Evolution2006 said:
so that means i won't get one till next June. thats mean i will have to get rerwards card then.
its in the terms and conditions of use or something

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Harry778 said:
Hey townie, I was just wondering what your sotres trading hours are?
Coz I read that you only have 5 AISLES! are you open sunday?
How much you make a week?

Fucking!
Today when my draw was counted it was $30 short and she goes 'its a weird ammount' and i'm like why is it?
she replies coz it a 20 and a 10 not just a 20
So she must reckon I fuckin stole it!
Anyway, what will happen now?
we are open sunday

Mon-Sat 8am-pm
Sun 8am-8pm

Sales are about $270k per week at the moment

danberg

HSC
cigs

wow a woolworths blog..some pppl are seriously dedicated. I love my job at woolworths...well SAFEWAY, anyway I just wanted to ask the experts:

Is it true that it is illegal to refund cigarettes???

cos i did it after my service manager said it was ok, but another time the store duty manager said no way, against the law.

ANY THOUGHTS???

PS. Aftert marking one year at Safeway, I have never been spoken to about draws being under, nor have I heard anyone being spoken to at our store(guess its about trust)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: cigs

not sure of the law in victoria, however our store makes is a policy only to exchange cigarettes, never refund.

@who

HSC
woolworths fuck wits - denied me a night fill position i recently applied for. Wtf, how can i not get that job? .....

grobsh

HSC
babikakez said:
Has anyone else had their hours cut back BADLY?
I have full availability at the moment, and got just three hours next week. I managed to pick up another four hour shift from someone else, but still, its a bit harsh.
Everyone (well casuals anyway) in my store have a similar issue. Is it just the time of year, as they try to save wage money for christmas???
Most department managers will be hiring people to ensure they have enough staff for the christmas rush. Sales should be increasing each week as we get closer to christmas, which means more hours to use in your department. If your hours are getting cut and you're getting less and less towards christmas, it would be most likely because of a department manager doing the wrong things haha. If you're in groceries, perishables or produce, its most likely due to bad planning, quick wins not being completed properly, basically not having enough stock on the shelves and losing sales because of it. If you're on checkouts it basically has a flow on effect due to not making enough sales.

Roga

HSC
Before my HSC exams finished, I was only working 3 hours a week because I had requseted to. Now that exams are over, my manager gave me 26 hours in a week straight after my exams.

ytrbut

HSC
townie said:
we are open sunday

Mon-Sat 8am-pm
Sun 8am-8pm

Sales are about $270k per week at the moment
Mon-Sat, what time are you open to?

We're open:

Mon-Fri: 6am-9pm
Sat: 6am-5pm
Sun: 11am-5pm

Generally do between 180-200k on a Saturday; most departments do about 25% of weekly sales on Saturday, but for some reason you rarely see department managers that day, and often the 2IC's are missing as well.

Last edited:

PSAG

HSC
I work at the Safeway Petrol which is opposite the supermarket at Benton's Square. Store 3412 I think... Apparently they do pretty well. Not sure on figures though, I might ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)