The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
I think you've been misinformed?

And our store doesn't usually get sent their cards to their home, rather the office gets it then they'll let you know. Took me a while to get mine.

Tiajc

HSC
N/A
Hi Guys, just joined today. I love this thread LOL.

I've now been working at Woolies since March and have been wondering how many coins is there in each of the coin rolls.

I know that if you order the $10 or $5 bundle you get 10 in each bundle right but what about the coin rolls.

LOL I know this sounds like a stupid question, just that one of the other girls didn't get what she ordered, they were out of either the 50 cent rolls I think and also the $2 rolls. They gave her others to make up for it, so she had to count and make sure it added up to what the rolls would have been and she ended up making a mistake.

conics2008

HSC
Hey guys, when you are asked for your interview.. what did you bring with you...

and how is nightfill.. how long can you stay till....

HSC
Tjajc, I hope you/she told a supervisor first before giving money over.

$2 roll = $50 worth = 25 coins
$1 roll = $20 worth = 20 coins
50c roll = $10 worth = 20 coins
20c roll = $4 worth = 20 coins
10c roll = $4 worth = 40 coins
5c roll = $2 worth = 40 coins

Tiajc

HSC
N/A
meow-says-kitty said:
Tjajc, I hope you/she told a supervisor first before giving money over.

$2 roll = $50 worth = 25 coins
$1 roll = $20 worth = 20 coins
50c roll = $10 worth = 20 coins
20c roll = $4 worth = 20 coins
10c roll = $4 worth = 40 coins
5c roll = $2 worth = 40 coins
We didn't give any money over, the supervisor found the error after they did a spot check on her register. They worked out that the cash office made a mistake with the change order and the girl made a mistake when she counted it and accepted it when she shouldn't have.

Thanks for the help, now I know that I won't make the same mistake that she did but then I would have asked for help when I didn't get what I ordered.

HSC
Just looking through the pay grades, and I noticed some employees are entitled to a laundry and freezer allowance. Is this added to my pay when I start, or do I need to apply for these allowances?

MjM2

HSC
I have a few questions.

1) I just got a job at Safeway, and my family have been planning a trip overseas for a while now. At the interview, the manager asked me if i was willing to get out of the holiday if i got the job (1/1/09 - 11/1/09), and I said yes.

When I told my parents this, they said I couldn't, cause they've already paid for the tickets and everything, which I didn't know. The tickets can't be refunded, and I can't just not go, cause we're going overseas, the tickets were quite expensive actually. I called the manager guy, and told him, and he just said 'We'll work it out'. That was 2 weeks ago, before induction, and I'm about to call Monday to ask for my first shift and all that jazz.

The job is a casual job, what are my chances of getting dismissed (fired)?

2) Also, how does the rostering work? Like, do I have to go in store to check every week to see when I'm working, or do they call me up and ask if I'm able to work?

3) If I've been given a shift, and I can't work that shift, how do I get out of it without annoying the manager?

Last edited:

rissile86

HSC
1.Chances are pretty low, as long as you don't do something really stupid like steal etc you should be alright and continue to not turn up to shifts without giving notice or not ringing in

2. No they don't call you up, the roster for the next week should be up the the wall on Wednesdays.

3. If i'm not available for certain shifts in the future, i let them know with atleast 2 weeks notice if i can. Try and let them know before they do the roster for that week. If the roster is already up and you didn't let them know beforehand just let them know asap so they can replace you. Don't make a habit on cancelling your shifts, managers like reliable employees.

rachana12

HSC
Hi everyone,
I m a new member.I started working in woolies b4 a month.I m working as casual.I have few questions which m sure u guys can answer very well.
1.Do they give contract to everyone?means does evryone settles in?
2.I m not getting enough shifts.is there any chances of getting shifts in month of dec.?
3.What r d maximum no. of hours a casual can get??
btw m working as service cashier.

hope 2 hear u guys soon.

rissile86

HSC
rachana12 said:
Hi everyone,
I m a new member.I started working in woolies b4 a month.I m working as casual.I have few questions which m sure u guys can answer very well.
1.Do they give contract to everyone?means does evryone settles in?
2.I m not getting enough shifts.is there any chances of getting shifts in month of dec.?
3.What r d maximum no. of hours a casual can get??
btw m working as service cashier.

hope 2 hear u guys soon.
1. No not everyone gets contracts, only if they decide to put you on permanent part time or full time, otherwise you will just stay casual and your hours will constantly be more/less/different every week.

2. Yes, christmas time you will get more shifts. Goto other department managers and tell them your keen in working in their departments (eg, deli, groceries, perishables etc). This way your not limiting yourself to just registers. Its good to be trained in other departments if your casual, they will always need you probably more then registers.

3. Max 38 hours!

@who

HSC
can someone pm me their cover letter they used as an example. This is BS they i didnt get a job as nightfill. There are no reasons why i shouldnt have.

Last edited:

rachana12

HSC
thanx rissile86.
yup,i'll talk 2 diff dept managers for shifts.
hope 2 get more shifts in december.

:guitar:

PSAG

HSC
rissile86 said:
My manager told me today that you can spend up to $1000 at BigW, DSE etc and it will be tax deductable but you can only make 2 transactions. You just fill in this paperwork and attach your receipts to it and your done. It dosn't have to be work related either. I breithly seen the pamphlet on it, i pretty sure it's new.
Yeah, salary sacrificing. They pay it from your gross pay, so the money you've earnt that you haven't paid tax on yet.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
This morning I heard a conversation about the Xmas period in the staff room.

Now the C/O manager was talking about how a c/o operator (Casual) handed in a doctors certificate saying she couldn't work because of some throat infection, and she tore it up and told her to get home and change because she is working, end of.

Is this legal? I know they don't approve any leave over the holiday period, but if you have a doctors certificate is that different ?

rissile86

HSC
lordtopcat said:
This morning I heard a conversation about the Xmas period in the staff room.

Now the C/O manager was talking about how a c/o operator (Casual) handed in a doctors certificate saying she couldn't work because of some throat infection, and she tore it up and told her to get home and change because she is working, end of.

Is this legal? I know they don't approve any leave over the holiday period, but if you have a doctors certificate is that different ?
If the doctors cerificate said she was unfit to work that day or any other day then yes i beleieve it is illegal to force them to work.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I would've quit right there and then if that happened to me.

No way am I going to tolerate that kind of behaviour by my manager. Even though they're bigger than me, I'd put my health first before my career,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)