The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
@who, not getting a job in nightfill isn't the end of the world. So so many people go for nightfill jobs and obviously you just weren't picked. Has nothing to do with your cover letter.

MjM2, when you're newish you really need to avoid saying you can't work. Obviously if you can't then you can't but its always remembered. I hate to say there is favoritism as there isn't but when theres a relatively new staff member who rarely takes a shift and one who is always keen for more, obviously the latter is going to get the 'better' register blah blah.
Yeah nothing against you lol I'm just sick of people applying for a job and never being available, whats the fucking point in applying, there are plenty of other people out there who want the job and are available to work.

Yeah lordtopcat that is illegal, I dunno if a cash office manager would be so stupid though. Maybe it was a really dodgy obviously forged certificate? I don't know.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
rissile86 said:
My manager told me today that you can spend up to $1000 at BigW, DSE etc and it will be tax deductable but you can only make 2 transactions. You just fill in this paperwork and attach your receipts to it and your done. It dosn't have to be work related either. I breithly seen the pamphlet on it, i pretty sure it's new.
Yeahhh but it says its not advantageous for those who earn under $15000 per year. :(. Unless I do 30 hours a week the ENTIRE year, it isn't advantageous for me. NoooooO! :p
Uhm can I ask though, in all seriousness, why is it that it's not advantageous?

@who

HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
@who, not getting a job in nightfill isn't the end of the world. So so many people go for nightfill jobs and obviously you just weren't picked. Has nothing to do with your cover letter.

MjM2, when you're newish you really need to avoid saying you can't work. Obviously if you can't then you can't but its always remembered. I hate to say there is favoritism as there isn't but when theres a relatively new staff member who rarely takes a shift and one who is always keen for more, obviously the latter is going to get the 'better' register blah blah.
Yeah nothing against you lol I'm just sick of people applying for a job and never being available, whats the fucking point in applying, there are plenty of other people out there who want the job and are available to work.

Yeah lordtopcat that is illegal, I dunno if a cash office manager would be so stupid though. Maybe it was a really dodgy obviously forged certificate? I don't know.

yea thanks , i just wanted one as an example mate.

HSC
But it really doesn't have anything to do with it. Yeah search google. If you're just applying for part time I'd imagine you wouldn't need much.... Did you apply for a actual position or just hand in your resume, out of curiousity?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
wixxy2348 said:
Yeahhh but it says its not advantageous for those who earn under $15000 per year. :(. Unless I do 30 hours a week the ENTIRE year, it isn't advantageous for me. NoooooO! :p
Uhm can I ask though, in all seriousness, why is it that it's not advantageous?
because you effectively dont pay tax at under 15000, removing any benefits the program provides

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
rissile86 said:
did it change this year? use to be for $6000 u pay no tax.
thats the official rate, but with offsets, the effective rate is like 15,000ish now i think

nicollette

HSC
davidbarnes said:
What if I don't have a birth certificate or a valid passport?
I didn't have either so I brought in some photo id and my most recent school report. If you don't have those maybe a learners permit?

HSC
Hey I just got a job at woolies, my offer was for a casual checkout chick and I'm 19. None of this got covered at the group interview so I have a few quick qs:
Which award are we covered by?

How much will I be paid?

If I am working in different areas e.g. nightfill will I be paid at a different rate?

What is the max hours I am likely to get per week? (I gave them full availability; 24hrs a day, 7 days a week!)

What is the chance of a transfer to another store in 3 months time?

ehh induction is thursday. can't work out whether I'm excited or not. the prospect of money is good though...

PSAG

HSC
townie said:
thats the official rate, but with offsets, the effective rate is like 15,000ish now i think
Yeah, the low income earners offset pretty much bumps it up to an unofficial level of 15,000.

Roga

HSC
davidbarnes said:
I put in an application today. How long until I'l get a call?
They usually reply to you within a week after applications close.

DontWorryCuz

HSC
blomster said:
Hey I just got a job at woolies, my offer was for a casual checkout chick and I'm 19. None of this got covered at the group interview so I have a few quick qs:

How much will I be paid?

If I am working in different areas e.g. nightfill will I be paid at a different rate?

What is the max hours I am likely to get per week? (I gave them full availability; 24hrs a day, 7 days a week!)

ehh induction is thursday. can't work out whether I'm excited or not. the prospect of money is good though...

Award = dont really know much about the awards but i think my contract says W.W.E.A??

Pay = in ur case, casual nd 19 yrs old.. ur looking at $16, nd on Sundays u get time and a half.

Hours = 38. but if u were working heaps of hours they might offer u a contract and/or full-time/part-time position.

Transfer = another worker told me that u have to wait until a position is available 4 u at another store coz i was looking for a transfer aswell.

have fun at ur induction i know i did!! lol

HSC
blomster said:

How much will I be paid?

I'm 19 but PPT and get paid $13.77 when I operate so you should get a bit more than that.

I don't think you get paid different for different areas, are you planning on working in another department?

I don't know if 3 months is to soon, but you should be able to.

Induction as if in at the actual store or somewhere else? My induction was a load of bullcrap and nothing was useful for me. But you get paid so yay.

Good luck :)

Harry778

HSC
omg, I had the worst day ever yesturday!!! (monday) It was raining SO HARD. This was at like 7-7.30pm. All of a sudden there was this huge bang of thunder and EVERYTHING went black, the lights went out and the registers turned off too. (I was an operator) and I saw everyone drop to the floor so I did the same, not knowing really what happened.
I'm pretty sure the emergancy lights are supposed to come on, but they didn't!! It happened once a while ago where they came on for like 2 seconds.
So everything is quiet and everyone is on the floor in the complete dark!!! I was soo fuckin scared, the girl on the register next to me was holding my arm so tight it cut off my circulation lol.

After about 3 minutes of not know what the fuck was going on the emergancy lights come on and so does the evacuation alarm. Still a bit dark coz there where only a couple over the front end. So we all had to leave and close after that, coz the registers wouldent turn on and neither would the lights. As far as I know we're not open today, coz I was ment to work but my manager called me and sed dont come in LOL. The hole centre has lost power and for some reason the generators dont work :O :O

Thats was my story. Very scaryyy.

mitch179

HSC
Harry778 said:
omg, I had the worst day ever yesturday!!! (monday) It was raining SO HARD. This was at like 7-7.30pm. All of a sudden there was this huge bang of thunder and EVERYTHING went black, the lights went out and the registers turned off too. (I was an operator) and I saw everyone drop to the floor so I did the same, not knowing really what happened.
I'm pretty sure the emergancy lights are supposed to come on, but they didn't!! It happened once a while ago where they came on for like 2 seconds.
So everything is quiet and everyone is on the floor in the complete dark!!! I was soo fuckin scared, the girl on the register next to me was holding my arm so tight it cut off my circulation lol.

After about 3 minutes of not know what the fuck was going on the emergancy lights come on and so does the evacuation alarm. Still a bit dark coz there where only a couple over the front end. So we all had to leave and close after that, coz the registers wouldent turn on and neither would the lights. As far as I know we're not open today, coz I was ment to work but my manager called me and sed dont come in LOL. The hole centre has lost power and for some reason the generators dont work :O :O

Thats was my story. Very scaryyy.
DANG IT BEAVIS!
There was a couple of huge storms while I was working last week and I wish our power went out like yours did. :p
It would of been a great experience.

So were you serving someone at the time?

Harry778

HSC
lol....yeah I was serving when there was the bang!
she was funny

*Thunder hits*
lady says 'FUCK....FUCK OMG SHIIIIIT'!

if I wasnt so freaked out I probably would have cracked up at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)