The Woolworths Thread (10 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Thanks!

Well obviously we didn't have a smokeshop seeing as i don't know what they are. Well in my old store we have the smoke cupboards sitting in the service desk and there is a register at the service desk where people just walk in and buy smokes, amongst other things, like the large bags of dope we keep behind reg 1, But if people are buying other stuff they just go through the regy-regies and the supvs bring them down, as i say. i never heard the term 'smokeshop' once whilst working there.

Well i am under 18 ... hmmm ... is it woolies policy or law cos if its law it might not apply here.
Self serve = have no idea. But i imagine not, i don't think they are anywhere in launnie yet, although that would be exciting.

Also, can you order green vests from the uniform order form or does the CSM do this for you? At my old store in the country they were really strict about supers wearing vests but in the city stores i never see them. strange.

On another note, a union representative came to our store yesterday to have this big meeting because our union delegate was swamped with complaints about the store manager. exciting.

Last edited:

rachana12

HSC
please help me......

one of my friend has a problem.she is a checkout chick.one day a customer came n she gave him wishgift cards worth dollar 400,400,450,450 each n he paid by cerdit card.n she really didnt know dat there is some limit on these cards.
later on the supervisor told her dat c has made a big mistake.but its ok bcoz u r new n didnt know abt it(c has been working almost 2-3 months).

n yesterday the service manager came n told her dat c needs to attend a counselling session next week.n c said i m really sorry.then the SM said dat its ok 4 now but dont do it again.n the counselling is next week.

so now my friend is very worried.what is this counselling for?is it serious?is c gonna be in trouble?n will it be verbally or c will have 2 sign it?
Does anyone knoe abt it?

please answer asap and help my friend as she really had no idea.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
All it is i reckon is a written warning, in which the customer service manager and the store manager will sit down with her and talk through what happened, why it was wrong and what can be done to ensured it wont happen again. Tell her not to stress about it at all.

I've had two written warnings and i'm really good. Most people get one for doing something dumb when they are new. Oh and if you get three you get the sack.

rachana12

HSC
thanks yoddle for responsing.
she is really good n she is always available whwnever they call her to work.n all she did was bcoz c had no idea.
so it should be alright.
but if it is written warning,then c has a bit problem.
so is it gonna affect her shifts,job,future transfer etc.?BTW c is permanent part time.
thanks in advance friends.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
she is really good n she is always available whwnever they call her to work.n all she did was bcoz c had no idea.
so it should be alright.
so is it gonna affect her shifts,job,future transfer etc.?BTW c is permanent part time.
No it won't affect any of that i wouldn't think. Yeah i did something really really dumb to get mine, and i knew what i was doing, and the managers were still really nice about it, so she should be fine.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
so it should be alright.
Just make sure she doesn't do the same thing again, and is more careful in the future, and she'll be fine.
As long as she doesn't get three, she'll be right.

jas62

HSC
please help me......

one of my friend has a problem.she is a checkout chick.one day a customer came n she gave him wishgift cards worth dollar 400,400,450,450 each n he paid by cerdit card.n she really didnt know dat there is some limit on these cards.
later on the supervisor told her dat c has made a big mistake.but its ok bcoz u r new n didnt know abt it(c has been working almost 2-3 months).

n yesterday the service manager came n told her dat c needs to attend a counselling session next week.n c said i m really sorry.then the SM said dat its ok 4 now but dont do it again.n the counselling is next week.

so now my friend is very worried.what is this counselling for?is it serious?is c gonna be in trouble?n will it be verbally or c will have 2 sign it?
Does anyone knoe abt it?

please answer asap and help my friend as she really had no idea.
If she really didnt know about it then she shouldn't be counselled. It's woolies fault for not telling her about it. Tell her to join the union if shes not already a member and when they try and counsel her tell her to write i dont argee with what is written on this form or better still refuse to sign this fuck i hate it when woolworths does shit like this!!!!!!

HSC
I didn't even know that about the wish cards. I know the maximum amount you can get on a card if $500. What the hell did the guy buy that added up to nearly $2000??? But if it happened to me I'd probably call the service manager over anyway.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
If she really didnt know about it then she shouldn't be counselled. It's woolies fault for not telling her about it. Tell her to join the union if shes not already a member and when they try and counsel her tell her to write i dont argee with what is written on this form or better still refuse to sign this fuck i hate it when woolworths does shit like this!!!!!!
I think they have to counsel you so that they have a record of the fact that the employee was made aware of their actions or something...and also if it involves money sooner or later someone higher up might find out about it and the store could get in shit if they can't explain it or prove that they took care of the situation (ie by counseling the employee)

I got counseled in like my second week of working in my first retail job because I gave a customer a refund without manager/supervisor approval lol. It was my second register shift and the manager was at lunch and the customer was really angry and stressing me out and not wanting to wait so I stupidly decided to do the refund and tell my manager when she got back. Needless to say she was not impressed with me and I felt pretty dumb for doing it.

I grew a tougher skin for dealing with customers pretty quick after that lol. By the time I left if a customer wanted something that wasn't allowed I wasn't afraid to be all "No No No how many languages do you need it said in?" When I first started I was way too shy to do that and it led to trouble.

rachana12

HSC
thanx guys for ur views.
But legally when c started in oct or nov last year then c got a book'service cashier responsibilities'.n its written on dat book dat d amount on a wish gift card is $10-$500.n a customer can take 10 cards in a transaction.
so acc to this c didnt do any mistake.

n as i know c is very polite n shy as well n c still accepted her mistake n said sorry.
but still she shouldnt need to sign something.
BTW is signing something like this will be in record?means in her file or something?n can it affect her transfer as well??

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
@rachana; Can you please type properly? It hurts my eyes to read it. "c" as "she"? =/ Even though this is the internet, proper grammar/spelling is endorsed. Cheers.

Regarding the whole counselling thing, I've never been counselled before out of the 2 years and a bit that I've worked at woolies. My manager probably wouldn't want to take that chance with me considering that I'm one of the best part time staff members she has.

mitch179

HSC
@rachana; Can you please type properly? It hurts my eyes to read it. "c" as "she"? =/ Even though this is the internet, proper grammar/spelling is endorsed. Cheers.
Agreed on that one!
It's very irritating.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I don't know why, but it seems everyone is leaving our store at the moment. I'm leaving, the CSM is leaving, the bakery manager is leaving, the dry/fresh goods manager has already left, and a few grocery team members are leaving.

I think it's because of the amount of bitching going on at our store. It's really bad. Other than that I think it's just because our SM is crap.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
woah are you in our store?
we are having a mini-crisis. Deli, Meat & Customer Service Managers are all leaving, we have lost about three front end staff and a bunch in grocery and there is two transferring to other stores from produce. and me.

The SSM has written to our area manager about how shiz the SM is and a guy from the union had a big meeting yesterday. and then everyone gets conspiratorial and threatens to leave.

You really start to appreciate how much the place depends on having a good store manager to lead by example.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
to clarify with the WISH gift cards, whilst, u can get up to 10 before requiring an authority, this is only the case if the customer is paying by cash or DEBIT card.

buying a large quantity of gift cards on CREDIT, or even 1 worth a lot of money, should always be referred to the supervisor, as it is a common way to launder money or use a stolen credit card quickly.

in fact any large transaction with credit should always be viewed with suspiscion (i for instance make a point of requiring ID for all credit card sales $300+)

HSC
Our store manager is also really really bad. I won't even begin, he's been complained about so so many times by both staff and many customers, they all know what he's like. The staff have come to the conclusion though that he knows someone very high up.
He was off for 2 weeks so we had someone from area office come in, he was absolutely fantastic and we're all disappointed to see him go, hoped he would stay.

rachana12

HSC
oops..sorry for the incorrect typing..n thanx as well to all of you.

yeah i know it is her mistake that she didnt call supervisor.but still the point is she really had no idea that she is doing anything wrong.
so now the last question is
Is it anything to worry about???can it be any problem in job??or she will be fine with counselling??
thanks.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Our store manager is also really really bad. I won't even begin, he's been complained about so so many times by both staff and many customers, they all know what he's like. The staff have come to the conclusion though that he knows someone very high up.
He was off for 2 weeks so we had someone from area office come in, he was absolutely fantastic and we're all disappointed to see him go, hoped he would stay.
Tell me about it...Our coles Store Manager is a fucker. Checkout ques are so deep, that they reach Liqourland, yet he just stands buy and watches. He also dosn't do anything, Im serious. He comes in, spends a few hours on the Grocery cages, plays all nice when Mrs Area Manager comes in, then goes up to his office and spends his last 5 hours telling the Managers what to do for the rest of their night in their department. Also, there was six of us sitting in the tea-room, and he came in, made his microwaved soup, sat down and everyone (including myself) left soon as he sat down. He didn't even notice!. I think he is in lala land....

Just curious, how much does a coles/wollies store manager get paid? 70/80k???

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
to clarify with the WISH gift cards, whilst, u can get up to 10 before requiring an authority, this is only the case if the customer is paying by cash or DEBIT card.

buying a large quantity of gift cards on CREDIT, or even 1 worth a lot of money, should always be referred to the supervisor, as it is a common way to launder money or use a stolen credit card quickly.

in fact any large transaction with credit should always be viewed with suspiscion (i for instance make a point of requiring ID for all credit card sales $300+)
u care to much. I once had a transaction of $1200 of gift cards. I only refered to supervisor cause when i reached $1000, it asked for a supervisor password. Supervisor came along, (numbers in) and off i went up to $1200 lol.

danberg

HSC
We have to call supervisors for all gift card purchases overr $200 on credit card. Apparently Asian gangs are really organised with stolen credit cards, and they have a new signature strip that matches theirs. We've only been told about this recently though, and if a new employee issued the gift cards, they couldn't possibly have known better- I would practise what you'll write in the 'employee response' on the counselling sheet (which does go on your record, but itsnt too much of a big deal)- however if you're an SDA member, put your union fees to work!

RE; Wish Gift cards using stolen credit cards, why can't Woolworths simply cancel the gift cards once its been determined that they've been bought with a stolen credit card??? Or does that make too much sense?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)