The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
but how can employees possibly be expected to enfore that? plus they'd never get 'caught' or penalised for it. WHat if someone is paying something for a business and something for themselves? What is someone needs a separate receipt for some things? What is someone is buying some things for someone else with their money- and paying by card for their purchases (esp. since we can't 'subtotal' the docket anymore)?

if safeway/woolworths honestly cared about this they'd communicate it to staff properly, and customers- but they won't do so because its full of holes

You CAN split purchases, but not JUST for the fuel discounts. You can tell who they are. They watch the screen and tell you to "STOP!!" as soon as they reach/go over $30.

Also, We Can "SubTotal" The Docket. All You Do is Press enter as If You are going to process payment, then press "Cancel" and Scan the rest of the Stuff. VOILA! 2 Different Totals are printed on the receipt!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
No.

You have calculated tax payable not tax you actually paid.

The ATO calculates this on a weekly basis after you get each payslip. This may vary depending on the frequency of your hours from week to week.
yeah, but union fees arent a pre-tax deduction, they are an after tax deduction. i.e. they are taken out of your pay AFTER tax has been taken out. Further, the final year payment is what matters, not what is taken out of your pay each week, thats just an estimate of what tax you will owe.

bdude is right, the maximum benefit you can obtain from union fees is the marginal tax rate you pay.

Last edited:

danberg

HSC
You CAN split purchases, but not JUST for the fuel discounts. You can tell who they are. They watch the screen and tell you to "STOP!!" as soon as they reach/go over $30.

Also, We Can "SubTotal" The Docket. All You Do is Press enter as If You are going to process payment, then press "Cancel" and Scan the rest of the Stuff. VOILA! 2 Different Totals are printed on the receipt!
i know you used to be able to subtotal it like that, but when we got an upgrade one time, that option ceased- it came as subtotal on the screen, but not on the printed receipt. it also automatically printed Qty's even if they werent entered as Qty's.

im just saying that woolworths should probs design a system that doesnt encourage customers to stop at $30- as i said FF slighty helps; there used to be a sliding scale with discounts (ie. the more you spent, the higher the discount)-sounds fairer to me

Harry778

HSC
Put in my transfer request the other day =D back to my old store. Hope I get it.
My current CSM was pissed off cos she had to find another supervisor...big deal I only do every second weekend close and some through the week. There are heaps of people that want supervision. Bitch...lol

Craven

HSC
The end of the month can not come sooner... we're getting all new registers on the last Saturday of the month! YAY, considering all our registers are falling apart at the moment and we're mostly thinking we're getting new fittings soon so we won't bother replacing the 5 blown register lights, or the red lights or getting the belts fixed on 3 registers etc... and today only 2/4 express were working because the pinpad on one died and the other one the draw wouldn't open at all, it was just stuck. Had to get the till out with the manual key and it still wouldn't open with no till in it... can't see why not :S IT Help Desk is pretty helpful except they sent the techy to the wrong store so have to wait until tomorrow now. Haha. Can't wait till new registers and self serve!

mitch179

HSC
Does anyone know how to cancel union membership?
A friend of my mum is a union delegate in her Woolworths store. She said you just write a letter of resignation, so to speak, to the union state office, just saying you wish to cancel your membership from the union.

She said that sometimes they will kick up a stink and say that you can't do that, but eventually, if you keep hassling them, they'll cancel your membership.

I've been meaning to do this myself actually, but have never got around to it.

Tragesty

HSC
Qucik question you guys (you've all been helpful so far),

I had my first Casual Deli shift last Thursday, called in sick, manager said she'd call me during the week if she needed me. As a casual starting out, did you get many shifts? One a week, two, three etc.? How many hours?

Hope someone can share their experiences :)

Tragesty

HSC
Cool, at what point should I get worried if my Deli manager doesn't call? Should I call her/visit the Deli at the end of the week and ask if theres any availabilty? I want to start working ASAP, but don't want to come off needy and desperate.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, looks like they're going to replace all the salaried staff in my store and replace them with wagers

Tragesty

HSC
I plan to switch to cashier ASAP but want to stay at the Deli for a few shifts just so its not like 'yeah, don't care about Deli, want to be cashier'.

The reputation thing is what I worry about, after all, not good starting a new job and having your manager hate you - but I have a certificate which is good I guess, but don't think will help.

Harry778

HSC
The end of the month can not come sooner... we're getting all new registers on the last Saturday of the month! YAY, considering all our registers are falling apart at the moment and we're mostly thinking we're getting new fittings soon so we won't bother replacing the 5 blown register lights, or the red lights or getting the belts fixed on 3 registers etc... and today only 2/4 express were working because the pinpad on one died and the other one the draw wouldn't open at all, it was just stuck. Had to get the till out with the manual key and it still wouldn't open with no till in it... can't see why not :S IT Help Desk is pretty helpful except they sent the techy to the wrong store so have to wait until tomorrow now. Haha. Can't wait till new registers and self serve!
Gee, sound like the refurbishment people have neglected you for a while. I know sometimes stores dont get FULLY done they just get new bake house and produce stuff, but yours sounds really bad. Mine will probably be like that soon, hopefully I will get this transfer back to my old store! It's a nice big new (refurbed) one.

Hope you get all the new stuff soon =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)